General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MY OPINION ONLY

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 29 May 2014 07:36

THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY,YOU
DONT HAVE TO READ IT

I HAVE BEEN THINKING FOR A FEW DAYS AND
READING SOME NEWSPAPERS ,
RE THE EURO VOTING AND WERE NOT ALONE
IN A LOT OF PEOPLE BEING FED UP WITH WHAT
WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH,ONLY THING HERE IS
THE UKIP USED IT TO GET NOTICED AND BOY
THEY DID,UKIP IS A SOFT PARTY COMPARED WITH
THE OTHER PARTIES IN EUROPE OTHERS ARE
LIKE ROARING LIONS ALREADY IN CONTROLE
OUR COUNTRY HAVE HAD A WARNING .

OTHER PARTIES LOOK AND LISTEN AT WHAT JO
PUBLIC WANTS .
,YOUR RISKING OUR COUNTRY,
AND ALL WE WANT IS OUR RITES NOT WHAT OTHER
COUNTRIES TELL US WE CAN OR CANT DO.
WHO CAN LIVE HERE AND SEND OUR BENEFITS
BACK TO ,,,,THEIR COUNTRY,,,,OKAY COME HERE
BUT HAVE A JOB ALREADY SET UP BUT CLAIM NO BENEFITS,
WHY SHOULD YOU!!
THERE ARE HARDLY ENOUGH JOBS AND HOUSING
FOR OUR OWN ADULT CHILDREN,,
AND STOP POURING MONEY INTO THE EUROPEAN COOKING POT

Iris

Iris Report 29 May 2014 08:31

dizzy ,
hubby and I agree with ever word ,getting very fed up with being told what we in England can and cant do , iris :-S

badger

badger Report 29 May 2014 08:34

Ditto ,Fred. :-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 29 May 2014 08:44

I'm Joe Public as well and I disagree totally. It was a protest vote.

If the Tories allowed councils to start building council houses again then there would be more housing. Nothing to do with Europe, just that Tories don't like social housing.

I have plenty of rights, already and I'm glad we have the court of human rights in Europe to uphold them. What rights do you want?

If people pay tax and National Insurance in the UK they are entitled to the benefits that brings. Don't have a pop at ordinary working people, look to those who avoid/evade paying taxes. Gary Barlow, I'm looking at you.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 29 May 2014 08:52

I agree with Dizzi too.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 29 May 2014 08:56

AS I SAID THIS IS MY OPINION,

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 29 May 2014 08:58

I should of added that to my post too as we are all entitled to our own opinions. :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 29 May 2014 09:05

Agree with Dizzi:)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2014 09:11

agree with 99% with what you have said Dizzi - UKIP are a necessary wake up call to the other parties - pull your fingers out and do something for the UK - UKIP will never get any power in the long run

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 29 May 2014 10:12

Still interested to hear what rights people want that they don't already have.

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 29 May 2014 10:27

my opinions is i think UKIP should be given a chance to prove them self
and i don't believe that UIPK got protest votes i think people are believing in them
to deliver in what they say they are going to do.
if they don't deliver people just want vote for them next time

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 29 May 2014 10:43

What do they say they'll deliver? I've yet to see any policy documents. What are their policies on social housing, for example?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 May 2014 11:05

http://tinyurl.com/m5ppsg9

Ukip 2014 Manifesto

Environment, Planning and Housing: Reduce the pressure on housing by
ending open-door immigration. Oppose the bedroom tax, but provide incentives
to re-use empty homes. Protect our green spaces by directing new housing and
business developments to brown-field sites. Stop preferential treatment to special
groups such as travellers - rules should apply equally to us all.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 May 2014 11:07

We are an overcrowded Island, we need to curb immigration and stop all these poor babies being born to teenagers who then live on benefits and acquire housing because they shove themselves up the housing waiting ladder unfairly.

Those two remedies will provide something towards a cure.

However, UKIP will only serve to light a fire under the lazy backsides currently in power and their opposition which is no bad thing.

IDS slides new rules through on the quiet and genuinely disabled and deserving claimants get shafted!

Allocate x £millions for new social housing, therefore employ people and house the deserving. Stop developers buying up building sites and leaving them empty as they are just speculating on a huge profit when the economic climate is right.

Stop councils wasting £millions every year on purchasing from the most expensive suppliers or buying tech equipment and never using it.

Do NOT give authority to waste money on reprogramming/redesigning multi user systems that will fail or are shelved before completed.

I'll let you know when I am standing for my own independent party

;-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 29 May 2014 11:09

Interesting. No mention of how it will be funded, however.

Stopping immigration tomorrow would still leave us with a desperate housing shortage.

Travellers don't get preferential treatment for housing - they don't want it - they want sites. I thought UKIP would have known that.

I did hear Farage say he was going to have to have some policies now on election night.

Edit to say I cross posted with Sue, with whom I appear to agree again!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 May 2014 11:22

"No mention of how it will be funded"

That tends to be the problem with all parties in Opposition. Until they are invited to form a Government, they don't know the true state of 'The Books'.

In the last GE, there was a surge of support for the LibDems, in my opinion because the electorate were disillusioned with both Conservative and Labour. By and large, Ukip is a one policy party - withdrawal from the EU. Those that voted for them didn't really think about the advantages that EU membership bring us in terms of trade etc, but only the negative side as set out in their flyers.

From their pinnacles of power and influence, the main 3 parties have forgotten to listen to, or persuade otherwise, the man and women on the street. They have a tendency to 'talk down to' rather than 'talk with' non party activists.

Graham

Graham Report 29 May 2014 11:26

The EU only exists to give politicians and bureaucrats an even greater income. We can quite easily run our own affairs without being told how to live our lives by people in Europe. The EU does not look after the interests of ordinary working people. It is a system that exists purely as a means for useless politicians to sponge money from the people that need it most.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 May 2014 11:27

lolol careful people will talk!

I know I am being simplistic before someone points it out :-P

The UK's infrastructure cannot support the current population......schools struggling with pupils who don't speak English, medical services using too much of their budgets to provide interpreters and printing leaflets in countless languages. The money is being found from somewhere......libraries and day centres are closing, free bus services are being cut in rural areas etc., etc.

I don't believe you can just say 'stop all immigration' without justifying the statement.

I'd personally only pay child benefit for the first 2 children, if you want any more than that you fund the child yourself!

Edit: I made my feeling about EU directives perfectly clear on another thread!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 May 2014 11:31

Agree with you about the Child Benefit - I'd also say that the children need to live in the UK, not Europe or anywhere else in the world. That should apply to ex-pat Brits as well!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 29 May 2014 11:40

One of their policies is to have smoking rooms in pubs.

This is under their HEALTH policy. :-0

REALLY???

With all the medical evidence which states passive smoking is bad for ones health. Wouldn't this encourage more smoke related illness's/conditions to worsen putting pressure on the already stretched NHS?

What about the poor staff forced to work in these rooms, risking their own health so people can light up inside?

This smacks of a policy created to get the smoking joe public back on side, using what is already a sore subject for smokers.