General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The World Cup

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 12 Jun 2014 12:52

Have you seen many England flags flying? I've been out and about in different areas, and just seen a handful on cars.

What's it like where you live?

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 12 Jun 2014 13:35

Ummmmmm you will not see many here in the Welsh Valleys...lolol

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Jun 2014 13:36

Only the one house,flags each side of the gate on large poles :-Dfrontage decked out.windows are festooned,,,,mind they are a young family,,,,other than that zilch in our part,seen a few cars out and about but nothing that shows any excitement...... have seen more fly the flag on St Georges day.
:-D

Lee

Lee Report 12 Jun 2014 14:03

The Cross of saint George flag Kay is the flag of England and is what you would expect to see flying in support of the English Football team... :-) white with a red cross.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 12 Jun 2014 14:57

Quite a few England flags flying here NE coast :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 12 Jun 2014 15:35

Not many around here. I think Andy Murray will win. *nods wisely*

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jun 2014 15:36

Not noticed a lot yet but I haven't really been looking. The hairdressers where we have just been had streams of flags across the room. We went in for their sweep and OH got Brazil. (I got Croatia!!!!).

Lee

Lee Report 12 Jun 2014 16:38

Any one but Murray.....

Lee

Lee Report 12 Jun 2014 16:40

Any one but Murray.....

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 12 Jun 2014 16:53

I expect IF England do o.k on Saturday, a few more flags will fly :-D

Gwynne, keep taking the tablets :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Jun 2014 18:17

Lee,,,,,,,On St Georges day have seen more fly the flag round my part.than at present...

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 12 Jun 2014 18:23

I think they look Naff!

Dermot

Dermot Report 12 Jun 2014 18:23

Luke-warm support for England. What a shame!

Still, things will improve when England returns with the cup!

Linda

Linda Report 12 Jun 2014 18:48

Have not seen any on cars yet, but a few of the neighbours have their flags out, one of them is a lovely 86 year old and has a lovely garden and very Christmas when she's at home all the fairy lights go up and she really makes a show. When it was the Queens diamond Jubilee she really went to town even got her photo in the local paper. People come from from miles around to see the garden.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 12 Jun 2014 19:21

Susan, there is naff , then there's naff naff, which is so naff it's chic, I do the latter :-D

Dermot let's hope so eh :-D

Your neighbor sounds a good laugh Linda :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Jun 2014 19:23

none around these here parts - but then it's Wales :-D

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 12 Jun 2014 19:23

Am I the only bloke with no interest in "games"? Bob

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Jun 2014 19:24

games? what sort of games exactly?

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 12 Jun 2014 19:29

Probably not Bob, but I am looking forward to The World cup, then Wimbledon, then of course the Commonwealth Games :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 12 Jun 2014 19:34

I'm no expert on football matters. So, I don't want to, kind of, pontificate on issues I don't really understand - as long as England wins through.

England has little idea what success feels like just lately. I wonder where the triumphant celebrations will take place? A good opportunity too for Boris Johnson to demonstrate his new watering toys. They’ll cool things down.