General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Renewal

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2014 11:33

My renewal is due tomorrow (16th) and is usually automatic.

In view of what has happened on one thread on General, I will be changing my subscription.

In fact I will be cancelling my subscription entirely.

I must make it clear that what happened on the thread was nothing from the regular posters, but was totally the effort of the phantom RR'r

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Jul 2014 11:35

Allan come on, let the saddos get on with it !!

The thread will be fine, and also will not put others off posting on there.....

Just ignore, you are a very valued member ....... :-D :-D <3 <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Jul 2014 12:04

don't you dare go Allan - your sense of humour is unsurpassed on this board - whoever the numpty is, ignore them - not worth another thought - now just you listen to me or else :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Jul 2014 12:23

Allan ~ don't you dare leave!

We must not let the lunatics run the asylum

:-(

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 15 Jul 2014 12:29

Allan I thought the same about not renewing on the 17th,

but changed my mind, not only the RR was getting on my wick

but the sniping on some threads were doing me head in, then Allan

I saw the light :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Let them get on with it I say <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jul 2014 12:42

Allan don't let the idiots win. I don't think I have seen the thread that you mention but other people's stupidity is just not worth you losing touch with many who I am sure have become friends. We would miss you and your lovely sense of humour. <3 <3

Emma glad you saw sense anyway. <3 <3 :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Jul 2014 12:43

Its on the smile thread Ann.....

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jul 2014 12:49

Thanks, nothing on there to RR so it must be the way somebody misinterprets what was said (deliberately?) Strange nobody ever steps forward and explains isn't it? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Hope you are all well, I have to go and get my hearing aids checked over this afternoon which is a bit of a drag. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Jul 2014 12:51

Im great thanks Ann....good luck with your hearing tests :-D

Fly

Fly Report 15 Jul 2014 13:00

Grumpy Bum dont you dare go anywhere ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D <3

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2014 13:52

Thanks all, but sometimes things exceed what you can accept :-(

I posted what I thought was an innocuous humorous post but somebody obviously thought it racist.

I apologise to Mersey for achieving a first, an RR on her happy thread.

Just when I thought that I was coming out of a black hole, a troll pulls me back in :-(

Fly

Fly Report 15 Jul 2014 13:58

Allan its not the first time we have had an RR on the happy thread :-) but we just carry on :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jul 2014 14:01

You hang onto the ledge Alan and pull yourself back out. (with our help of course!) <3

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2014 14:03

I know Fly, but just recently I have been trying to cope with some sad news. :-(

Even for the strong, things can become overwhelming :-(

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 15 Jul 2014 14:04

Don't let it faze ya Allan. There are lots of us Pommie barstewards who think you`re right Bonza matey.
Take no notice of the RR Clacker it`s just a sad Drongo with nothing better to do.

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Jul 2014 14:08

Allan dont worry about the thread....its fine and like Fly said you are not the first and you and I will certainly not be the last......sod em!! ;-) :-D :-D

Humbug is not Humbug without Allan...... <3 <3

If a chink in our armour is a racist comment....then im off too !!! :-D :-D

Fly

Fly Report 15 Jul 2014 14:08

Allan <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 15 Jul 2014 14:09

Munchkin behave ;-)

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 Jul 2014 14:09

Allan - you cannot let the idiot who RR'd your post on Mersey's thread think they have got one up on you, just leave the RR'r in their dark cavern - where they dwell waiting to pounce.

You have many friends on here, I for one enjoy your posts, so please stay, do what the rest of us do - stick two fingers up to the phantom RR'r :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 15 Jul 2014 14:14

Allan, didn't see the post, I don't go on any 'cheerful' threads lol, it's against my nature:-) but I have always thought your humour to be of the 'quirky and funny' type and certainly never intentionally offensive.

If you are going through a rough patch, please don't leave, stick around and give the others who are going through a rough patch also a bit of a light relief with your sometimes 'alternative' take on life :-)

Though, if you do stay, could you please straighten up that avatar a bit? I end up with my head on one side like a budgie when looking at it ;-)

stay, you know you want to really :-D