General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thinking out loud

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 22 Jul 2014 13:28

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 22 Jul 2014 13:30

I love trees but don't know why!.....no reason.

I felt the need to say that out loud.....I don't know why

no Reason

I now feel a worse verse coming on so had best be
Gone
no reason :-D

Tis good to be mad sometimes but not too often :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 22 Jul 2014 13:35

I love trees :-) ( apart from the tree pollen )

My favorite places are favourite, when I think about it, because of their trees. Chester Park and The Groves. An avenue of trees in Rochester, the end of lord of the Rings when Sam plants trees lol.

I'm particularly fond of rowans, and Christmas trees, and oaks, and larches and........... ;-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 22 Jul 2014 13:36

I love maples and acers because of their autumn coats.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 22 Jul 2014 13:39

I wandered lonely o'er the threads
Adding here and there
But no-one came to say hello
And yes, I sometimes care

I may be mad but happy am I
Can you say the same
Now come on in and say hello
In verse.....you know the game
:-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 22 Jul 2014 13:42

aha! People :-D

Trees (added so as not to confuse Allan :-D )

I love them when they are full in the Autumn when the colours are spectacular.....Then in the winter when the branches have the sky as a stunning back drop......I don't know the names of most of them but just love the shapes.......I think it may be time for hug a tree week :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 22 Jul 2014 13:49

The threads are like the autumn leaves
of every shape and hue.
They flutter on their branches
until their fall is due.

Some drop before we notice.
Some last all season through.
And some are always evergreen
refreshed by morning dew.

Red, and brwon and yellow
or everlasting green
Some strident and some mellow
and some just in between.

I like the different colours
but some (and I'm not sweet!)
I have the urge to trample
and kick at with my feet .

;-)

Allan

Allan Report 22 Jul 2014 13:49

Susanwiv

May I timidly suggest that you re-read your last post :-)

I wasn't aware that people could be full in the Autumn... :-S

Well, I hope that you get my drift

I may be sad,
I may be mad.
But when people have a go at me
I pretend to be a tree

:-D :-D

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 22 Jul 2014 13:54

I love trees too, well natural woodlands and forests that is.

Just look at what they have been doing to the majestic Giant Redwood over the years.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/7899547

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 22 Jul 2014 14:17

isn't that a very old photo Budgie?........I suppose in those days they didn't know better.....although I am sure it still happens.....such a shame

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 22 Jul 2014 14:27

Yep it so old that I cant even member taking it. :-D :-D
Judging by the attire of the lumber men I might suggest slightly pre 1900 or there abouts.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 22 Jul 2014 16:20

Thinking out loud some more....... Feel very unwell.

It may have something to do with the fact that I was hungry and saw a bar of cooking chocolate in the fridge....the stuff one puts on cakes and, although I haven't eaten it all, I feel. I have eaten enough to make me never want to see another.

Now if that isn't interesting enough for you all.......entertain me cos as you can see I am very bored :-D

Sirius

Sirius Report 22 Jul 2014 16:26

well the topics for discussion here ( home) at the moment are,
panic attacks ( students), ironing, how to get a story character off a bench in Chiswick, the resale of my old home, panic attacks ( elderly friend) , builders. and how many maltesers can I eat before I feel as sick as you do ;- )

Annx

Annx Report 22 Jul 2014 19:55

Hmmmm what kind of tree do you pretend to be Allan? Not a gnarled Oak, surely? Not a Pine that can 'needle'? I know......you would be a Poplar!!! :-) ;-)

I used to live next to the Cannock Chase, lovely pine scent every time you stepped outside.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 22 Jul 2014 20:39

Here`s me in my Tree Hugging days :-)

Not a Giant Redwood I admit, but to a young 13yr old it was a long way up there.

Gawd! :-0... I just noticed the date... `twas exactly 60yrs ago . :-0

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/685008

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 22 Jul 2014 21:01

I refuse to hug trees I don't know ;-) ;-)

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 22 Jul 2014 22:03

Cor BR....that is a brilliant picture......not so just for boys.....our group of girls climbed trees too.....luckily I didn't have to cos I was in charge of saying what had to be done that day.....my feet stayed firmly on the ground while my ejit friends climbed higher and higher......Sheesh if our parents knew they would have killed us......so to speak :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Jul 2014 02:49

What was that song?

I talk to the trees.......
They're gonna take me away

:-(

Persephone

Persephone Report 23 Jul 2014 07:05

I have several Kauri trees that I like one is

Tane Mahuta, king of the forest and the largest remaining kauri tree.The 1500 year old Tane Mahuta is 51.5 metres tall, with a girth of 13.77 metres.

Another one is the square Kauri Tree on the Coromandel.. It is only about 1200 years old.

My other favourite Kauri place is Trounson Park in Northland which since 2008 has had problems with Kauri Dieback, which is a deadly disease that bleeds the gum at the roots of the tree. This reserve has pekapeka (bats) the brown kiwi, and Kauri snails.

My other favourite tree is on my front lawn it is a Rimu and it is magnificent and protected by law... ie no one is supposed to chop it down, but it would make lovely furniture. The Rimu belongs to the same family as the Huon Pine in Tasmania but is nothing like their spindly tree.

Persie Sorry but you did ask about trees..

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Jul 2014 12:56

Persie :-D Yes I did mention trees. Yours sound different but lovely.

I have taken many pictures of all shapes and sizes, even dead ones as they have an artistic beauty of their own.....no idea what I will do with the photos or what their purpose is......I suppose I could make some of the images into rubber stamps.......Now there is an idea >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>