General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grantchester

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyll

Phyll Report 7 Oct 2014 10:20

Anyone watch this. Opinions welcome. I personally thought it was a load of rubbish.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Oct 2014 10:33

I've just watched it this morning and it seems to be very lightweight compared to some detective series. Not much of a storyline. I may give it one more week to see if it improves.

Kath. x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Oct 2014 10:41

recorded it - watched the first fifteen minutes and thought it seems quite good - we'll see

Harry

Harry Report 7 Oct 2014 11:04

I usually live on the sports channels but as there was nothing on i watched Grantchester.

Highly unlikely plot but I enjoyed it. Nice to see a programme which basically applied old fashioned standards to television drama.

Happy days

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 7 Oct 2014 11:13

I must say I enjoyed this first programme,
looks promising.

Emma :-)

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 7 Oct 2014 13:21

I quite liked it - its something different for a change - It got better the longer I watched it - i got lost in the first 2 parts but by the end i was enjoying it

It’s a bit like father Brown but without the comedy element - at least they can act in Father Brown and all have personalities - and very good story lines

So far there are no likeable characters in Grantchester -

The vicar has awful taste in Music & women and no personality - not even sure about any acting ability yet he sort of wondered his way about - i know he can ride a bike well

I like Robson Green anyway (from Casulty & soldier Soldier and the other wire in the blood thingy)

The girl wants her cake & eat it too, again no personality (yet) already made up my mind I dont like her as she does not treat people very well

I have to admit - i knew who the guilty person was from the start of part 3 once i had worked out what had happened & sorted out the plot- good job i taped it as i fell asleep after the first 10 mins - so had to rewind it - no wonder I lost the plot at first.

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 15 Oct 2014 12:56

Last Monday 13th October

such a waste of Space - dont think I will watch it again

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Oct 2014 13:15

I tried but gave up.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 15 Oct 2014 13:29

I liked it in an odd sort of way, I don't know
what draws me in to it.

Emma :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 15 Oct 2014 14:05

I think that Grantchester it is aimed at people who find the likes of Happy Valley, Red Riding, Peaky Blinders and Silent Witness a bit too much but have moved on a little from Miss Marple.

TV is for everyone.

I found it boring beyond measure and gave up somewhere in episode 1 and a couple of samples since. I still find old episodes of Z-cars in black and white riveting. Thinking of another thread I was really sad when James Ellis died. Along with "Morse" has there ever been any better crime series from the UK?

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 15 Oct 2014 14:13

The one I can't get into is Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch,
so boring imo, prefer old style with Basil Rathborne and Peter Cushing.

Emma

Edit...and Jeremy Brett.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Oct 2014 14:13

A bit light weight but I do enjoy Lewis and Midsummer Murders (prefering the 'old' version to the new). But Morse was favourite and, yes used to love Z cars.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Oct 2014 14:52

Watched the first episode and we both said nope not watching again :-(

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 15 Oct 2014 19:54

Although a US series

I LOVE Longmire

and our very own Scott and Bailey

So looking forward to new Broadchurch

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 15 Oct 2014 20:06

I quite enjoyed the first 2.

I love detective series.

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 16 Oct 2014 13:38

Rollo - are you sure you meant Brian Blessed as he is still very much alive

I agree with you as i still love to watch Morse

as well as Miss Marple (the real one Joan Hickson) Lewis & Endeavour gives you something to think about

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 19 Oct 2014 15:51

Watched the first 2 episodes yesterday afternoon, really enjoyed them

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 21 Oct 2014 12:32

Must say I enjoyed last nights episode.

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 21 Oct 2014 14:16

and I must say both of us decided its rather slow and a little boring.

What surprizes me is Robson Green NOT in a leading role :-0

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Oct 2014 17:49

Although I wasn't sure about the first episode I watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes that I had recorded (because our TV service was off this morning) and I must say I am getting into it. There seems to be some background information coming out for the Vicar's character. I'm not sure if there are more episodes to come?

Kath. x