General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A tip For all Genuine RRers

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 29 Oct 2014 00:20

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 29 Oct 2014 00:27

A tip...don't whatever you do admit to RRing....no matter what the goading.....I admitted RRing a disgusting joke which portrayed an innocent female child being duped by boys.....I cannot explain more as it is too graphic......anyway.....I am now being hounded by the person I RRed and for what was a genuine reason......so when you are called all the names under the sun for using your right as a member, to object to such filth or any other reason......beware and keep silent....They dupe you into thinking that if you own up to RRing things will be hunky dory, that they will understand.........not so...Hell hath no Fury!

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 Oct 2014 00:38

I tell people when I RR cos I have a hide like a rhino ;-) plus people either agree or disagree and it matters not a jot that some disagree, that's their right.

Always be true to yourself and you cannot go wrong :-D If people don't like my views on FB re things I feel passionately about they can always press the magic button :-P but I haven't sold my soul to the 'keep quiet' devil :-D and I have given the oppressed a very small voice.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 29 Oct 2014 00:45

My point is Sue.....They lie......They make out that they would have more respect for people who admit to RRing and throw their toys out of the proverbial pram when one says.....Yes.....it was me.....I RRed you......

It just proves a point that I and many others have been trying to make for years.....Hogwash!

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1346002

And then

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Oct 2014 04:03

I RR for dirty remarks ............ i don't now look on Bobtanian or Mr Magoo's joke threads 'cos I know I won't like them

I RR for racist and homophobic remarks

and I am not afraid to admit it.

If they don't like ti, then hard b****y lines!

I'll explain to them in words of one syllable :-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 29 Oct 2014 05:20

I will RR misogynistic, homophobic, racist and filthy jokes. This is a genealogy site, if you want filth you'll find plenty of sites where it's welcome.

If GR agree that it's inappropriate they will delete it.

I will RR misogynistic, homophobic, racist views because they are illegal.

If GR agree that it's illegal or inappropriate they will delete it.

I haven't RR'd anything for a while but, for the record, everything I have RR'd in the past has been deleted.

If you post against the guidelines then you have to suck it up if GR deletes what you've posted not whine like a baby and call members names. That's bullying, also against GR guidelines.

I'm sorry you are upset, Susanwiv, I seem to have missed something last night.

I stand beside you and support you. Let GR decide.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Oct 2014 05:30

Personally .................

I think Bob is in the wrong, and guilty of harassment and bullying

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 29 Oct 2014 05:35

I didn't see what happened last night, Sylvia, so can't comment. But it certainly looks as though there was a personal attack on Susanwiv on the thread she highlighted.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 29 Oct 2014 07:45

I also stand beside and support you, Susanwiv.

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Oct 2014 08:00

I don't know what happened last night as I always miss these things but I have been RR'd a few times and each time my thread has been re-instated.

I know I am a bit long winded sometimes but I do try to explain exactly what I mean and each time I have been RR'd it is because my point has not been properly read and the perpetrator has reported what they thought they had seen rather than what they really had.

See what I mean about long- winded?

Allan

Allan Report 29 Oct 2014 08:39

Alas, I feel that my two posts on the Thread have led to someone posting something considered inappropriate.

That post was reported, fair enough, but if I hadn't posted my comments, there would have been no opening for the further post by Bob.

As some of my posts on my own, and various other threads are of the Benny Hill/Two Ronnies type and therefore could lead to altercations such as this one, I have decided to confine myself to the Games Board, and my own thread about my grandfather.

Not a sulk, just removing any possible cause for future dissension

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Oct 2014 08:52

I shall be sad to not have your posts to read Allan, you have a quirky sense of humour and I like to read them. And, incidentally I don't find them offensive.

On the other hand, I didn't read Bob's joke on Lady Scozz's thread so am unable to say whether or not your posts led him to put it on. From the description of the joke it does sound distasteful and maybe unwise on a chat thread here.

Sorry you have been upset Susanwiv and we should all be able to accept criticism without throwing our toys out of the pram. If we are RRd we should move on like the adults we are, knowing that we have upset just one person should be enough for that to happen (I am not talking here about the posts RRd for no apparent reason). Digging at the person who has RRd and had the decency to admit it is like somebody who is not prepared to lose an argument and keeps returning to the same subject (i.e. boring, move on.)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Oct 2014 09:59

I do remember the "joke"..... but not which thread it was on.

Has the whole thread been removed because of this????

:-S

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 Oct 2014 10:06

The original thread remains but the 'goading' post from last night has been deleted.

I say 'goading' because it was aimed at Susanwiv.

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Oct 2014 13:16

I only ever report for what I consider 'genuine' reasons, most of which have been mentioned above by Sylvia and Guinevere.

But I too now do not always say that I have reported because of the backlash ( and you know that is going to happen because of the nasty comments people make about RRers in general).

I did not see the 'joke' but if Susan deemed it should be reported then I am certain it was the right decision.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 29 Oct 2014 14:12

Just got on here so must have missed something.

it seems the goading thread has now been deleted!

Thank You for your comments. the joke was a kiddy smut joke and I honestly don't believe that anyone on this thread would have thought it appropriate for grown men and women to snigger over.....on any site come to that......Children based smutty jokes are a no no. ....Where does it end......who would set the boundary? it was added to a normal thread so I hadn't expected to read it.

I am upset at the reaction of the poster although it may seem normal for them. However I was hoping he would stop before I said something he and I may regret.

We should stand together and stop things before they escalate methinks.

Allan.....having a sense of humour is one thing.....telling smutty jokes about children is another.....If this is not your forte then you have nothing to worry about I would have thought.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Oct 2014 17:04

My comment re

Personally .................

I think Bob is in the wrong, and guilty of harassment and bullying

in fact referred to a thread that Bob had put up directed at Susan ...................... and obviously meant to harass her.

That thread has now seemingly been deleted, although I have received a pm from Bob complaining about my characterization of him

I didn't see the original joke re children. My first post on here was aimed at explaining what types of posts I RR .......................... I believe there has to be leeway in discussions when people get agitated, and i believe in free speech. But there are topics that I believe have no place on a site such as GR, nor in general life ................... harassment, bullying, homophobia, racism, sexism, filthy remarks.

I do not read the usual joke threads on here ........................ I do no appreciate the types of jokes posted on there. But obviously the posters do like them. Just don't impose them on me, or anyone else, by posting such jokes or comments elsewhere.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Oct 2014 20:40

No idea why the thread was removed.

I certainly did NOT start a smutty thread.

:-0

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Oct 2014 20:51

LS

YOUR undies thread has not been removed .......................

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1346002

there was one that Bob started last night that had the OP as

"susan? .....................

.................domination"

or something similar

THAT is the one that has been removed.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Oct 2014 22:31

Thankyou Sylvia.

I didn't see Bob's thread. Happy to have missed it. :-|