General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

£1 Findmypast....48 HOURS LEFT

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Dec 2014 10:48

:-D :-D :-D :-D

26th December 2014 to 1st January 2015 for this year's Start Your Family Tree Week.

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/start-your-family-tree-week?utm_source=msix_social&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=fmp_UK

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Dec 2014 11:02

That sounds a good deal MrM if anyone wants to sample their wares.

For lapsed subscribers, try "50% off any subscription to be taken by 11:59pm on New Year's Day, Thursday, January 1st."

Use code SANTA14

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Dec 2014 11:03

Just signed up for £1...... :-D :-D :-D :-D

Harry

Harry Report 27 Dec 2014 11:26

it is a good deal at £1. I did it some weeks ago and probably didn't read the small print. Found myself paying nine pounds something per month as a standing order.
Don' t do much searching these days, so I was able to cancel after paying one months subscription.

Happy days

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Dec 2014 12:28

Harry, that's happened to me too :-| :-|

Have just asked them to cancel it, from January, as they've already taken one month's subscription from me.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Dec 2014 13:26

Hi Mr M :-)

Did you use the same details as last time we all took out the £1 offer? i.e. The same email address and password?

Or did you use new details / new email a/c?

I wouldn't mind taking out another month for £1 :-D :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Dec 2014 13:36

I used the same details Jem and same C/Card.

:-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Dec 2014 13:38

I'll give it a go later then :-D :-D :-D

Did you fill in the section "Register for Free" or the "Already Registered? Sign In" section?

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Dec 2014 13:49

Click on the link
Click on the "Claim your £1British Subscription"
Click on the £1 select button
Enter Email & Password on the left
It then takes you to the payment boxes

Don't forget to cancel any other payment links.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Dec 2014 13:51

Thanks Mr M x

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 27 Dec 2014 14:00

I've taken it up and am very disappointed.
I'm glad I didn't pay more and wouldn't renew under any circumstances. I can't find anything of use, it seems their parish records are much more incomplete than they claim.
I have 8 siblings all baptised in Aldenham (Herts.) - and I know it's right because I have copies of all the records - and none appear in FMP despite their claiming to have the Aldenham registers.
Likewise I can't find any of my Staffordshire ancestors despite Staffs. supposedly being covered.
The complete index of records seems very extensive but unfortunately for me they don't cover the areas I'm researching.
I somehow find I also have 115 credits :-0 not quite sure how; at least these may be useful for foreign records.
Hope it's of use to others, but not for me :-(

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Dec 2014 14:01

Go to "Your Account"

Personal Details

and "CANCEL AUTO RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION"

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Dec 2014 15:46

ALL DONE :-D :-D :-D

I was hugely successful last time I took out the £1 offer, with my Kent family in particular.

I must have obtained a years worth of records from them in a month :-D :-D :-D

Thankyou Mr M for letting us know :-) :-)

Graham

Graham Report 27 Dec 2014 15:54

I thought you were trying to say that FMP had been put in the sales for £1 :-D :-D :-D

Mind you; I'd want 99p change ;-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 27 Dec 2014 20:05

For Lynda :-D

jax

jax Report 27 Dec 2014 20:24

I have found FMP very good for my Hertfordshire ancestors... Baldock area

You say siblings Beverley....do you mean living people ? as I would'nt expect to find them

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 27 Dec 2014 21:40

No jax, my g-g-grandfather and his siblings, born in the early 1820's and all christened in Aldenham.
I'm not bothered because I have the copies of the baptism registers from the familysearch photocopy service, but it's annoying.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 28 Dec 2014 18:01

Nudging this up..... :-D

Graham

Graham Report 28 Dec 2014 19:41

Are you on commission? :-S

:-D :-D :-D

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 29 Dec 2014 10:00

Thank you Mr Magoo. I tried a few weeks ago but for some reason couldn't sign up. Success this time!! :-D :-D