General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OMG - how horrific

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Feb 2015 23:34

Islamic State has burned alive a Jordanian pilot in a horrific video released by the militant group.

Mu'ath Al Kassasbeh was taken captive by IS when his F-16 fighter jet crashed near Raqqa, Syria, in December.

Images of his murder have been circulated by IS supporters on Twitter.

They show the 26-year-old airman in an orange jumpsuit in a cage with a line of fuel leading to him.

The fuel is then lit and the cage bursts into flames.

The Jordanian government has informed his family he has been killed and vowed an "earth-shattering" response against IS.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Feb 2015 23:38

The Jordanians said they'd execute 6 IS prisoners if anything happened to him.
I think they may do more.

It was so barbaric.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 3 Feb 2015 23:58

: The Prophet Muhammad said, "None shall punish with fire other than God"

The method was carefully conceived and he probably died early January according to Jordanian sources.

We live in a very sick world

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 Feb 2015 00:12

This murder horrified me, as bad or worse than the beheadings these sick evil barbarians have carried out. I can only imagine the fear and pain this man felt and how his family and loved ones will cope, I don't know.

May he and the other murdered hostages rest in peace now and their families somehow get through the trauma of such loss.

Liz

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 4 Feb 2015 00:18

Barbarians.

I hate to think what will happen next.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Feb 2015 01:40

AND ................

it is now being said that he was murdered in early January

which I think was BEFORE ISIS offered to exchange him for that woman

no wonder the Jordanians wanted proof that he was still alive!

Allan

Allan Report 4 Feb 2015 05:11

Jordan has now executed two terrorist prisoners, including the female bomber

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 4 Feb 2015 05:14

I thought ISIS offered Kenji Goto for the woman Sajida al-Rishawi who the Jordanians have just hanged.

Jordan said they would exchanger her for Mu'ath Al Kassasbeh, if they were given proof of life.

I guess that's why ISIS released the video now so Jordan couldn't ask again, the poor man was already dead and killed in an anti Islamic manner.

Which demonstrates that ISIS is not about religion at all.

Allan

Allan Report 4 Feb 2015 05:40

Guinevere,

I've long thought that religion is just used as an excuse for the perpetration of the most barbaric acts.

It seems to give the participants some sort of perceived 'moral' protection for the most heinous crimes imaginable.

I may be naïve, but I thought that all religions teach tolerance, peace and unity

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 4 Feb 2015 06:34

I agree with you Allan. Religion has long been used as an excuse for violence and torture by psychopaths.

So often it's down to "interpretation" of the original writings.

I like to think that Mohamed would be angered by this just as I'm fairly sure Jesus wouldn't have liked the Spanish Inquisition.

Dermot

Dermot Report 4 Feb 2015 08:19

'The first stage in the evolution of law is personal revenge. This principle of
revenge persists throughout the history of law'.

(The Story of Civilisation by Will Durant 1885-1981).

A very sad video report. Evolution in reverse.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Feb 2015 09:48

Sickening Act . doing this to a fellow Human .beggers belief .

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Feb 2015 10:02

I don't think that retaliating by executing others is the way to go - I can understand why, an eye for an eye and all that, but it just perpetuates barbarism

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Feb 2015 10:07

If they hadn't joined ISL , .how many of the 'executioners' would be thugs and murderers in their home countries?

Allan

Allan Report 4 Feb 2015 10:20

I wonder how God and Allah (one and the same entity) feel

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Feb 2015 10:33

and the plain fact is that IS couldn't care less about the people Jordan executed - in fact they don't care about anyone other than themselves

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 4 Feb 2015 10:46

No words can describe the people who did this, RIP to the poor man.

Mersey

Mersey Report 4 Feb 2015 10:47

SHOCKING :-0

Dermot

Dermot Report 4 Feb 2015 12:49

A caller to a local UK radio station this morning pooh-poohed some of the exaggerated crocodile tears & hand wringing following this awful event, reminding the listeners of the undoubted devastation caused by Drone delivered bombs which kill the innocent & the guilty indiscriminately.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Feb 2015 13:20

crocodile tears? not from me