General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Gift -BBC1 9PM

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Feb 2015 21:36

Is anybody else watching it??

I am really enjoying it
:-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Feb 2015 21:47

Very much on the lines of Long Lost Family......but without the family :-)

Lovely stories <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Feb 2015 22:07

I was in two minds.
Thought the woman who'd ' held a candle' was onto a 'loser', in that she'd messed up her own life and was harking back (but I see they're friends and she's visited him twice - but he hasn't visited her)

But the attitude of the Master of Falklands was amazing.
A Sandhurst 'toff' crying - he seemed genuine, and a really nice bloke.

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Feb 2015 22:09

Thats exactly what I thought Maggie :-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 10 Feb 2015 22:17

We have it recorded Mers <3 :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Feb 2015 22:18

Going to agree with everything said by Maggie.

If they do more on stories such as the soldier than it will be a good programme to watch

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Feb 2015 22:50

Have to admit to feeling sorry for the woman, but - you makes your bed and you lies on it!

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 10 Feb 2015 22:52

I missed it, is it on every week please. Maggie what a sweet little baby on your profile pic. x

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Feb 2015 22:53

Yes its on for a few weeks Sylvia :-)

Emma I think you will enjoy it :-) <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Feb 2015 23:15

Sylvia, that's my newest grandchild aged 1 day.
Amber was born after 3 miscarriages, very precious and very 'chilled' :-D

.....and pink is not allowed!!! :-D :-D

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 11 Feb 2015 00:22

Thanks Mercy I will watch next week

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 11 Feb 2015 00:26

Maggie, she is gorgeous. No pink!! unusual for a little girl but I have to say we have had so much pink over the years it is nice to see other colours on babies. We are looking forward to our 8th grandchild in a couple of weeks. A little boy. xx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Feb 2015 00:47

My daughter and son in law knew they were having a girl, but refused to tell people. as they didn't want the child (of whatever sex) to be stereotyped. They offered to tell me, (my 2 daughters were brought up in yellow, green and brown!) but I didn't want to know.
Granny will be buying her a ukulele for her 5th birthday and a meccano set for her 7th birthday!

She's my 4th grandchild. The eldest - a girl aged 12, with 3 half- brothers (2 who she lives with, from my other daughter's marriage, 1 who she doesn't, from her father's relationship - families are bl**dy complicated nowadays!!) is very grateful she finally has an ally.
...and the grandson who is 5 in March will be getting a ukulele for his birthday.
One of them will take an interest soon. :-S :-S

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Feb 2015 15:19

Looking forward to next weeks programme, good
start, especially enjoyed the one about the soldiers :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Feb 2015 15:31

Schmaltz should be shifted to the CBBC slot it has no place at 9pm.

:-|

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Feb 2015 15:34

You didn't like it then Rollo :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Feb 2015 15:34

Each to their own Rollo

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Feb 2015 16:46

There is precious little TV for adults as it is without dumping schmaltz into the 9pm slot. They don't plonk "Midwife" there for instance though the utterly awful "New Tricks" has somehow inveigled its way in even more saccharine than "the Gift".

I have no objection to anything on tv there should be something for everybody's taste. I don't have time to watch TV all day and night and to be honest resent this sort of thing at 9pm.

In the event I was away last Sat. so I caught up with "En Grenages" on catch up.

Next Monday I shall probably be able to tune into ww3 the way things are going in Minsk. Let's hope not even "The Gift" would be marginally better. I wonder how Putin's program might go.

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Feb 2015 17:03

As I said each to their own *sighs* :-D :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 11 Feb 2015 17:18

I liked the story with the soldiers Mersey. :-D :-D