General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Indian Summers

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 12 Feb 2015 11:29

Channel 4 9pm.
It's a 10 part series and am looking forward to this programme.

Will it live up to drawing in the viewers like Downton Abbey,
time will tell, worth a try imo.

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 12 Feb 2015 14:19

gonna give it a try Emma and 10 parts is a big series !!

Mersey

Mersey Report 12 Feb 2015 15:51

Im really looking forward to this too :-D

Love Julie Walters in anything she does...great actress :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 12 Feb 2015 17:31

It looks good, also a fan of Julie Walters :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Feb 2015 20:36

Roshan Seth (A Passage to India), Lillete Dubey (Monsoon Wedding), Alexander Cobb (Mr Selfridge), Craig Parkinson (Line of Duty), Fiona Glascott (Episodes), Amber Rose Revah (What Remains), Aysha Kala (Shameless), Olivia Grant (Legacy) and Edward Hogg (The Borgias) complete the cast.

Indian Summers will be set in 1932, in the backdrop of the Himalayas and tea plantations of Northern India. It will follow the decline of the British Empire and the beginnings of modern India, told from both sides.

Filming will begin in the summer, to be broadcast on Channel 4 in 2015.

Channel 4 said in a statement: "As Indian Summers begins, the stories of promises, secrets, politics, power, sex and love play out as the British Raj begins to falter and a nation opens its eyes to the possibilities of freedom."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a567573/julie-walters-cast-in-channel-4s-indian-summers-drama.html#ixzz3RZ6EgbUb
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 13 Feb 2015 14:40

Being hailed as the new Jewel In The Crown, but with less of the posh and a more mixed demographic. Which is what it was like.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Feb 2015 14:56

I loved Jewel in the Crown -

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 15 Feb 2015 17:36

Nudge :-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Feb 2015 18:48

I quite fancy it, but will have to watch it an hour later, as there is something on the Beeb I want to see at 9-pm.

Pass me the matchsticks for me peepers.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Feb 2015 19:09

The J K Rowling one is on at 9:00 pm too - "A Casual Vacancy"

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Feb 2015 19:12

THAT's the one I will be watching Ann. Just could not think of the title.

I do like Michael Gambon.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Feb 2015 22:06

Watched the casual vacancy. Quite good but not sure what to make of the last scene and message.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Feb 2015 23:32

I've recorded A Casual Vacancy

Thought Indian Summers was quite good but found the dialogue a little hard to hear at times - it promises to be good though

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Feb 2015 10:27

Indian Summers is repeated tonight at 10pm on 4seven....or is it seven4? One of those anyway!

We watched A Casual Vacancy. Not too sure about it, but then first episodes are often scene setters.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 16 Feb 2015 11:56

Looks like Jack Vettriano has been hired for the sets and lighting of "Indian Summers". I was so riveted by them that I rather lost track of the plot which seems not to be top priority. I will def. keep track of the Roller.

I.S. is probably best on catch up without the many long ad breaks.

The commercial success of J K Rawlings is living proof of the reading age of millions. Casual Vacancy keeps to her standards. It is no worse than Poldark.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Feb 2015 12:19

A remake of Poldark will be screened 'soon'. ;-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 16 Feb 2015 12:56

I enjoyed the first episode getting to know who was who
and like Rollo was interested in the style of dress at that time.

Looks promising, we will see.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Feb 2015 12:59

I absolutely loved the original Poldark and read all the books. But, back then we didn't have so much to choose from so I am hoping the remake won't be a disappointment. I hope we see as much of the scenery as we did then. (or even maybe more.) Do we know if theya re filming it around Port Isaac where it was fimed before?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Feb 2015 17:21

Wasnt sure about the first episode but the it's just setting the scene and introducing the characters so need to give it a chance .

Found it a bit boring and difficult to follow but then 1st episodes usually are :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Feb 2015 17:32

It didn't get a very good write up in the paper. critic implied it was a bit bland.