General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why Are People leaving Gr

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Feb 2015 10:41

I Have noticed over the last few weeks .more & more folks are not on GR ..Polly on Holiday :-) No Sharron .& a lot dont seem to be on much at all .?? maybe need some more topics .to get our teeth into .wait while i put mine in :-D :-D :-D :-D :-) :-) :-) thats better as I was saying :-D :-D ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Feb 2015 10:44

I hope Sharron is ok. It wouldn't be like her to just leave. I think she was having some work done, maybe she has lost her internet connection. As you know yourself Barbra, people come and go while some of us plod on regardless. I suspect there may be some illness around as the flu bug is still around and that can lay people low. If that is the case I hope all who are poorly will be well again soon. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Got mine in as well.

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Feb 2015 10:55

Hello Ann..You have to be political correct as well as RRd are a bit to handy reporting people ..as you say illness especially this time of year ..hope people will come back to chat. wishing them well Take care Barbra :-D <3

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 16 Feb 2015 11:08

For what it's worth it seems difficult to have a friendly discussion without someone getting heavy handed, I suspect many are put off by the somewhat aggressive tone some take.
Chill out relax, if you have a different opinion fair enough, but keep it amicable is my view. ;-)

PiersFromKent

PiersFromKent Report 16 Feb 2015 11:22

Barbra, I think ''Facebook'' has become more attractive to many who used to use this site :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Feb 2015 11:38

The reason i came Back was just to have a chat & keep in touch with a wider community ..its best not to get to involved :-D Piers never been on face book .my youngest son doesnt want me on it .maybe i would find out some good gossip :-D ;-)

PiersFromKent

PiersFromKent Report 16 Feb 2015 11:44

Barbra, I'm not on there either ;-) :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 16 Feb 2015 11:56

Stray is away sunning herself in Turkey
muffys left
TW has left
Hayley has left for now
Joyous has gone to
Lynda's not posting
Eldrick has gone
Johns gone

will the last person her put the lights out ;-) ;-)

I think for now the passion has just gone :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 16 Feb 2015 13:31

It's like everything else Barbra sometimes I get fed up
and bored doing the same old same old every day.
So I start doing something else and just pop in for a
chat.
Winter is my worst time as I don't get out much and cabin fever strikes.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Feb 2015 14:57

claire and good it is to see you :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 16 Feb 2015 16:32

I haven't seen Florence Hebrides for ages on here..
Lovely lass.
Hope she is ok.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 16 Feb 2015 17:32

welcome back Claire :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 16 Feb 2015 17:52

~~~~s to Claire :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 16 Feb 2015 18:32

I stay because it would be stupid of me to let my membership lapse. I nearly did a couple of years ago and I would have missed the community.

Claire welcome back ;-)

I do hope Sharron is okay, I filter in and out these days that often I don´t realise what is going on.
I agree that a lot are on FB but that isn´t the same as here. The community here is different, I have to say the RR person has a lot to answer for the walk outs which is a shame because it gives them a grin :-S

Hold in there folks GR will be like fashion it will be back "in" someday
:-D :-D <3 :-P

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 16 Feb 2015 19:34

I keep my membership going because of the community boards.

I like the chat with all you lovely people <3

It's been a looooong time since I've made contact with anyone about family tree.

:-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Feb 2015 20:08

Same here its good to talk .& it helps if you are a bit down .a bit of a giggle does you good .lets keep our ends up & :-P to the RR brigade :-D :-D :-D ;-)

Island

Island Report 16 Feb 2015 20:37

Threads like this have been going up regularly for quite a long time, so members must have been 'leaving'

Personally, I just lost interest. I don't think the GR team treat members very well either.

High view counts with low or no posts must put some people off from starting new threads. It certainly put me off.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Feb 2015 23:36

Thanks for your concern everybody.

I am alive and well and trying to get around all the upheaval of a new kitchen as well as solar panels and storage heaters with a new hot water system that fills my bathroom taps with bits of solder every time I have a bath.

The freezers have finally gone from the front room but I do still have a book- shelf and filing cabinet in the bathroom (as you do!).

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 16 Feb 2015 23:39

Dear Sharron

Hello

Very good to see you.

Take gentle care
With very best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Feb 2015 23:40

Sharron, do you file your loo rolls by colour or thickness? :-D