General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who will be living in no 10 ???

Page 0 + 1 of 14

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 May 2015 12:39

Be honest .who do you really want to be next PM & Why ?? Will be back later :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 May 2015 12:43

Me! I want more space, To be honest, Cameron should have been moved out. He's on Housing Benefit, and, under the Bedroom Tax (which his government introduced), has more rooms than his family need.

Oh! sorry, forgot about the one law for nobs, another law for plebs
:-\

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 5 May 2015 13:10

Doesn't matter who you vote for you never get
them, never voted for Maggie Thatcher but guess what.

Dermot

Dermot Report 5 May 2015 13:12

Some, like myself, don't really know what's good for ourselves until it's put on our lap.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 May 2015 13:34

Maggie - most of No 10 is given over to Government offices and State Rooms. Blair had to swap with with the No 11 flat so there was enough room for his young family.

All the Leaders have both good policies and bad. We may even have to wait a couple of days while they negotiate to form a coaltion. Heaven help who ever we are landed with.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 5 May 2015 14:32

The Scottish "tail" will be wagging the British "dog". I think Red Ed will do anything to get the keys to Number 10. Having said that, my bet is still on a very slim Conservative majority.

Robert

Robert Report 5 May 2015 15:06

Agree with you Bob - Cameron by a short head.

Red Ed supported by my Union (Unite) boss is desperate to get into no 10.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 May 2015 15:41

what Bob said :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 5 May 2015 16:03

Trust Labour ... I would rather trust Jimmy Saville

to baby sit :-( :-(

Harry

Harry Report 5 May 2015 16:03

I guarantee that if DC gets back in, there'll be much discontent about his prudence.
If Ed gets in, come six months people will be saying 'we never expected this under a labour government'.

Happy days

Dermot

Dermot Report 5 May 2015 16:27

"Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors. In the name of God, go! And go now!" (Oliver Cromwell).

Kay????

Kay???? Report 5 May 2015 17:17

I dont care who lives at no 10 as no one party is worth my vote......I aint gonna support fibbers.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 5 May 2015 17:19

Kay they are all Fibbers ;-) ;-) ;-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 May 2015 17:29

Don't like Ed Miliband.haven't heard any decent proposals or positive way forward for the country from his lips .My local MP is really good ? .streets get cleaned.. roads are getting resurfaced .litter picked up near the shops litter bins every where .now I wonder why? is there an election coming up .don't trust any of them .SNP are running away with the poll in Scotland .then there will be another referendum for independence .they will never rest until they have separated The countries .I am going to vote always do just hope the right person gets into no 10 Barbra ;-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 5 May 2015 18:00

It may be worth mentioning that the banking crash was nothing to do with the government of the day but simply a good old fashioned banker's ramp. The last labour government was not "reckless with the cash" but found itself stuck with floating the banking boat otherwise we would all have gone down together.

None of the banker's involved were other than true blue Tories.

"The permanent secretary to the Treasury, Sir Nicholas Macpherson, has argued that the 2008 financial crisis was “a banking crisis pure and simple”, contradicting Conservative claims that it was caused by Labour overspending. The 2008 crisis was a banking crisis pure and simple. Excessive risk had built up in the system

His remarks emerged after Ed Miliband came under pressure on the leader’s Question Time on BBC1 on Thursday, facing accusations that Labour government had overspent, a view strengthened by the now notorious letter left by the former Treasury chief secretary Liam Byrne to his successor in 2010 that there was “no money left”.

For those not familiar with the arcania of UK politics outgoing chancellors always leave ribald remarks for their successors. It was poor form of the Tories to behave as they did but then Geo Osbourne was always a right prig.

If we all had to like the PM then the likes of Bruce Forsyth, Morcambe and Wise and Mr Bean would have been living in no.10 these last years.

Dermot

Dermot Report 6 May 2015 13:15

I'd vote for Mr Bean.

PiersFromKent

PiersFromKent Report 6 May 2015 13:25

Good Choice Dermot :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 6 May 2015 13:25

Good choice.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 May 2015 13:29

sits on hands for the umpteenth time....

Graham

Graham Report 6 May 2015 15:10

Larry hasn't been doing a very good job keeping the rats out of Downing Street.