General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Signing on tomorrow

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Jun 2015 13:44

I went for an assessment last week and I am not eligible for sick pay or whatever they call it so I have to sign on again tomorrow.

I thought I was getting the panic attacks under control but it looks like I might have been wrong!

Of course, I don't really understand about sick notes and stuff. The last one I had was in 1975. Must have caught up with me abusing the system and living on the state.

Merlin

Merlin Report 16 Jun 2015 14:25

Advise, :-D going to France,throwing away passport,come in as an illegal,then you will get all you require. :-D as is the norm.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Jun 2015 14:39

I only need it until November. I get my pension then and there is not enough work for me to take a job from a younger person.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 16 Jun 2015 17:21

Good luck Sharron. <3 <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jun 2015 17:31

Just go with the flow - you'll be fine. X

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Jun 2015 02:53

Good luck Sharron.

I gave Centrelink (Australia) all the information they asked for...... and I'm still waiting to hear from them. It's my 65th birthday on Saturday........ will they give me "backpay" ?

I really want the Healthcare card........ cheaper prescriptions. I'm almost out of two of my medications. I currently pay about $100 every month for prescriptions.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Jun 2015 03:27

Good luck, Sharron

Shame you have to wish for your pension age to be reached.

Lizxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Jun 2015 04:02

Good luck, Sharron xxxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jun 2015 08:48

This is ridiculous, I tell myself.

I have never been workshy but I have been crying and panicking about going to sign on. The woman who did the assessment knew I was not up to it but she had to tick the appropriate boxes. The woman who told me I must come off sick pay was so apologetic too.

It is not work I am afraid of and will, no doubt, find something whether I want it or not, I always have done. What is really bothering me is having to go through all the futile procedures for five months, I think!

Whatever it is that is bothering me is certainly doing a good job of it.

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jun 2015 08:48

This is ridiculous, I tell myself.

I have never been workshy but I have been crying and panicking about going to sign on. The woman who did the assessment knew I was not up to it but she had to tick the appropriate boxes. The woman who told me I must come off sick pay was so apologetic too.

It is not work I am afraid of and will, no doubt, find something whether I want it or not, I always have done. What is really bothering me is having to go through all the futile procedures for five months, I think!

Whatever it is that is bothering me is certainly doing a good job of it.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Jun 2015 09:03

Anyone would have nerves going to sign on for the first time or after a long time.

On top of that you have your own stress related issues. Everyone on here will understand how you are feeling.

It used to be the GP who made the decision about whether one is fit to work now it is some jobsworth with no medical training.

If you are up to it, why not go along, throw a wobbly and prove you are not fit ;-)

Whatever happens today the very best of luck.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Jun 2015 19:15

Sharron

(((hugs)))

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 17 Jun 2015 21:11

Hope all went well Sharron today. Go through the motions, remember your NI gets paid when you sign on.

:-) <3

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 18 Jun 2015 07:49

I hope everything went well today Sharron.

I visited Centrelink this afternoon, and nearly threw a wobbly! I certainly haven't been under the stress you have, so I can't imagine how distressed you are.

<3

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Jun 2015 08:32

Hope all is Ok after yesterday.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Jun 2015 12:23

Has anyone heard from Sharon? It seems strange/worrying that she hasn't let us know how it went yesterday.

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jun 2015 22:54

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to worry anybody.

Signed on, have to do all the stuff you have to do, make out I am looking for a job for the next five months.

I explained how I felt about that dreadful woman to the one who signed me on and she has booked me to see somebody else this time.

Had to go somewhere quite early today and have not been on here since.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Jun 2015 23:02

I've pm'd you instructions, Sharron :-D ;-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Jun 2015 23:04

I am glad you won't have to see the old witch next time, Sharron. It will make yhings easier for you to jump through the hoops for the next months.

My son said there wrre some patronising idiots there when he was signing on who made him annoyed but others were very understanding. Luckily he seems to be settled in a good job now.

Lizxx

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 19 Jun 2015 08:48

I am glad you are okay and can manage to get things sorted. Have a good weekend
:-S