General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Minx, Mon update pg 2

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 19 Jun 2015 20:26

You have all heard about my youngest furbaby Minx for the last however many years I have been on here. Most of you know what a sucker I am about my dogs. They are not dogs but the babies I never had. I took them in and it is my duty as an owner to look after them to the best I can.
Minx is now very ill, Due to her hip dysplasia as a puppy and regardless of everything we tried to do when we found her at 8 weeks old, she always favoured that leg. Over the years, 10 of them, she has put so much strain on her other leg that it is now letting her down.
From being a bit down on Monday night and being careful up steps she went downhill hill and was at the vets on Tuesday 16th. problems with the good leg, pain killers and anti-inflammatories to last 2 weeks. That evening she was good, a bit sleepy and bit stiff but okay. Wednesday was the same but Thursday 18th she couldn´t walk or stand. back to the vets in the morning and the vet hospital in the evening. It isn´t her knee but the other hip joint which is going. Straight back that evening to our vet for more injections. We also had the chat with her about was it fair was Minx ever going to walk un-aided. Erica (our vet) almost pleaded with us to give her another few days to allow the injections to work . ha ha as if I wouldn´t but it gave us a lot of hope. Today Friday 19th she was back at the vet with the help of a strap so she could walk for more injections. OH has to give her one this evening when he gets home and tomorrow after her vet trip he will have to do Sundays.
Monday is a big day. A very scarey day, a day that will come too soon and also be the longest I can imagine.
I have already asked those of you who are friends on FB to bear with me over the next few days , I also ask those of you on here to do the same please.
Also please keep fingers crossed for Minx <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 19 Jun 2015 21:18

we all send our love Uzzi
and fingers crossed Minx is ok <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 19 Jun 2015 21:24

Thanks Joy <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 19 Jun 2015 21:25

Minx <3 <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Jun 2015 21:37

Positive thoughts for Minx - and you <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 19 Jun 2015 21:38

Thanks Mersey she is going to need all the love she can get, at the moment she is by my feet, hence I can be on here, She is breaking my heart.

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 19 Jun 2015 21:41

hope little minx gets well soon

<3 <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 19 Jun 2015 23:09

Maggie and Dame we both thank you, Minx went out tonight happily with the aid of a support, she also turned for home quickly, but it was a good sign xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Jun 2015 03:56

Glad Minx went out for a little bit, and hope she will continue to feel able to accompany you for a little wander. Positive thoughts winging their way to you

Lizxxxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Jun 2015 08:19

Short steps are all she needs xxx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 20 Jun 2015 08:49

Well finally last night, in the middle of the night she managed a wee. She hadn´t had one for 2 days and I was getting worried. So what if my bedroom now stinks like a hospital all disinfectant and bleach :-D
When OH got home from work last night, she was so happy she managed a few crouching steps to greet him. Surely this is a good sign. :-D :-D :-D

we are now off to the vets for her morning injection and to collect the rest of the weekends. Hopefully we shall manage a few steps even if it´s only to get out of the vets and home. <3 Thankfully the vets is only round the corner from us or I would be getting a pushchair ! Now there´s an idea must get mothers wheelchair back ! ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Jun 2015 09:21

A lady around here regularly took her ancient Sheltie for a walk in a pushchair :-D

Poor old Minx doesn't really need walkies, just to eat, sleep, wee & Poo xxx

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Jun 2015 15:30

Fingers and everything else crossed for Minx, lots of love and best wishes winging their way to her too <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 20 Jun 2015 19:30

After all the trials and tribulations and 80 fit free days, we have had 2 fits so far today.
On the bright side she went out for a "good" walk when OH got home from work ..Bless her she wanted to go down the pub, but it was too far for her ;-).
Monday is looking brighter all the time. <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 20 Jun 2015 19:37

<3 <3 <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Jun 2015 20:37

It's amazing that she actually wants to go for a walk :-D :-D

What a strong willed little furbaby she is <3 <3

lollybasher

lollybasher Report 20 Jun 2015 21:00

Oh Uzzi, This is quite a hard blow for you and T. You were so worried about Minx last week-end while we were in Sheffield. I hope the injections will soon kick in and work for her. I nothing else works, have you thought of getting a little trolley made to enable her to walk ( yes, they do exist ). It has wheels with a harness round the body. I've seen one or two in the papers over the years. I hope everything goes well for Minx. Look after yourselves. Love xxxxx

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 20 Jun 2015 21:22

<3 <3 <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 20 Jun 2015 22:12

Uzzi .Sounds as though minx is a little fighter .Hope she is alright on Monday Take care Barbra <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Jun 2015 23:38

More special thoughts for you and Minx,

Lizxxx