General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Films, plays. musicals.....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 24 Sep 2015 14:54

Is there something that you could see again & again and then some .......

I saw Blood Brothers for the third time this week, I first saw it about 12 years ago, then again about 8 years ago. It was as emotional as it was the first and second time, coud see it again this week if I could.

Is there something you could see or do over and over again, and never tire of it?

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Sep 2015 14:59

I have read 'Cold Comfort Farm' several times.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Sep 2015 15:04

We have seen Blood Brother about 4 times (maybe 5) and, yes I could see that again. I could also see Les Mis time and again, I love it.

I can re-watch white Christmas any time too.

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 24 Sep 2015 15:05

aliens films
i just love them

kandj

kandj Report 24 Sep 2015 15:14

James Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life....... love it!

I like Pretty Woman with Richard Gere and Julia Roberts too.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 24 Sep 2015 15:16

Films - Cabaret, Lord of the Rings, Life of Brian, Dr Zhivago.

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Sep 2015 16:20

Films - You've got mail, LOTR, Apollo 13, Love actually, Shall we dance ( Gere not Astaire), lots really :-)

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 24 Sep 2015 16:30

i love Shall we dance too Rose, seen that a few times.

It is extra special for me because I took a child in care to see it, and she'd had a very bad family life, when the film ended, we both said how much we'd enjoyed it, and I asked her was there one bit she enjoyed the most, and she said " that he (Richard Gere) had stayed faithful to his wife, and that they loved each other"
So when I see the film, I always think of that girl I took, and hope that she has been happy in life.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Sep 2015 17:20

aw, that made that young girl's visit special to her too, to see that people could stay faithful. I hope she has had a happy life.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Sep 2015 18:41

film - "Witness" with Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis in Amish country - wonderful

"The Sting" with Paul Newman and Robert Redford

Mersey

Mersey Report 24 Sep 2015 18:45

Jersey Boys or Blood Brothers for me....

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 24 Sep 2015 19:41

We walked out of Blood Brothers at the interval. What a load of rubbish. Buddy, we have seen four times. Stomp and Tap Dogs twice. I fell asleep during Riverdance, two hours of diddly-diddly music and clog dancing! Personal opinions of course, each to their own. I await your opprobrium.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 24 Sep 2015 20:05

Like you say Bob, each to their own.

I also like Blood Brothers and, as well as the musical, have seen the original Willy Russell play performed in the round with no scenery, minimal props and just a bit of spotlighting. It was one of the most moving things I have seen.

Can read over and over the Lord of the Rings books and love the films too.

Phyll

Phyll Report 24 Sep 2015 20:08

El Cid for me, please

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 24 Sep 2015 21:30

Blood Brothers seems popular, except for Bob, maybe if you'd of stayed until the end it would have become clearer what it was about, and you would of enjoyed it?

It got 3 standing ovations when I saw it this week, and had the cast come out for a fourth and fifth time, I'm sure the audience wouldn't of stopped clapping. What I also noticed, as we were near to the stage, a couple of the cast were very emotional, thought that must be because they got so into their part, that happened when I saw the History Boys, another wonderful production.

lollybasher

lollybasher Report 24 Sep 2015 21:50

Les Mis for me ! :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Sep 2015 07:46

Absolutely love the film Duel in the Sun

Every time I see it I hope for a different ending !!!

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 25 Sep 2015 09:53

Beaches and Brief Encounter I can watch time and time again.

If I fancy a good sob then Beaches does it every time.

Chris

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 25 Sep 2015 10:15

The " kids " all insist on Elf being put on every Chrismas Eve.

Apart from that, I could watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid on endless loop.

The only film apart from that I have seen more than a dozen times is Titanic.

I also love Love Actually and Four Weedings and a funeral.

Not keen on musicals except Rocky Horror Show and Blues Brothers.

Have just realised I have " seen " Frozen more times than anything else put together, but I couldn't tell you anything about it apart from the characters ( because I have to play with them whenever the little one is about ) and there is a lot of snow,
it is just on their telly all the time.

M.

Persephone

Persephone Report 25 Sep 2015 12:59

I think the film I have seen the most would be "Rear Window"

Seen "Dave" at least three times, all on TV.

But there are a lot I have seen more than once. Some I have enjoyed at the movies and then when I have gone to watch them on TV have not enjoyed them as much, not the same atmosphere.

I would like to see Cinema Paradiso again and Lars and the Real Girl.. but then there are many like that..

I read Cold Comfort farm once and saw it on TV twice, two different productions.