General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Some men on the television

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Sep 2015 21:07

There are some men on my television. They are all in shorts and running about on a field.

I really don't know what they are doing but I don't mind watching them moving, especially that bit with the muscley botties in the air.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Sep 2015 21:51

:-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Sep 2015 21:56

We might have a convert! :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Sep 2015 21:58

oh boy - we won, and how :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Sep 2015 22:14

No conversion.I have always enjoyed an ogle at a finely muscled botty.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Sep 2015 22:26

There'll be a lot of opportunity for that ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Sep 2015 22:31

Oh no. I won't be watching any more of them running rond doing whatever they were doing tonight.

Sue

Sue Report 27 Sep 2015 11:49

Ah, got it now. So thats the big attraction. :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 27 Sep 2015 12:03

As a general guide to men running round in shorts on TV - if they fall over and cry like big babies you are watching football.

If they push each other over and just get on with the game it's rugger or women's football.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 27 Sep 2015 12:18

And if they're completely covered by padding and wearing helmets so they can't get hurt it's American football.

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Sep 2015 12:21

Then there is athletics.

Lindford Christie eh?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Sep 2015 12:23

Nice one Guinevere ;-) :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 27 Sep 2015 12:38

:-D :-D :-D

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 27 Sep 2015 12:42

Ladies, please...

wisechild

wisechild Report 27 Sep 2015 13:37

We,ve got loads of little cars going round in circles & making lots of noise on both English & Spanish TV.
CouldnĀ“t get breakfast on BBC1 this morning. Had to tune in to the News channel.
Looks like this afternoon will be the same.
God forbid we would want a little Sunday afternoon entertainment.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Sep 2015 14:09

never understood car racing - every race looks the same as the last :-S

Dermot

Dermot Report 27 Sep 2015 17:38

Have a word with JemimaFawr who will explain the rules & regs of this manly game. :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 27 Sep 2015 18:36

Was in a cafe at a large supermarket yesterday morning. Was with the other ladies from the R and R bus (special transport for people with mobility difficulties). Most of the other ladies are a hood bit older than me, including 87 year old ,B.
Sitting at a nearby table were a group of young, fit, tanned men. They were wearing shorts and sports told, displaying very muscular legs!!
Poor B. got rather hot and bothered and kept muttering. 'They've got legs! This big,' demonstrating with her hands!
As we were not too far from Villa Park the consensus of opinion was that they were Rugby players, or wanna be Rugby players!
A site for sore eyes. Cheered me up anyway.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Sep 2015 18:46

"And if they're completely covered by padding and wearing helmets so they can't get hurt it's American football."

You are getting confused it is cricket where the players are all padded up wear helmets and boxes and occasionally get killed by small hard rocks slung at 90 mph from a short distance.

American footballers wear tights and only get padded up on the shoulders as a fashion addition the shoulder pads have no actual usefulness. The helmets are a useful place for displaying logos etc. An American football player may go through an entire match without getting anywhere near the ball which is similar to but small than a rugby ball.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 27 Sep 2015 21:20

I beg to differ, Rollo, the only place that American footballers are not padded is below the knees.

And how dare you accuse me of not knowing the difference between cricket and American football? Jeesh!!!