General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What have you done today....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 1 Oct 2015 18:28

anything interesting/exciting ?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Oct 2015 18:47

saved my strength for the match - am now exhausted - we won :-D :-D :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Oct 2015 18:50

Sold three of my works to a gallery in Cornwall.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 1 Oct 2015 18:53

It was worth being exhausted for though Ann, go and have a lie down now ??

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Oct 2015 19:00

Not the greatest of games and Wales have to rely on Australia beating England.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 1 Oct 2015 19:00

Been to Kilver Court Garden and on to Wells, in glorious Somerset sunshine :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 1 Oct 2015 19:01

Not a lot, it's a bit warm here at the moment. I do anything energetic early in the mornings, today it was gardening, and in the evenings.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 1 Oct 2015 19:05

Beautiful day here to Sheila :-D

It sounds pretty perfect TS, you're tempting me ??

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Oct 2015 19:13

well worth being exhausted Lynda - Wales were brilliant and Fiji were worthy opponents

martynsue

martynsue Report 1 Oct 2015 19:27

me,i had my 5 week old granddaughter for a few hours while my dil took the dog to the beauty parlour,
pure bliss.

sue

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Oct 2015 19:31

What a very trusting dil, martynsue - she obviously thinks highly of your child minding capabilites. Lots of cuddles no doubt? :-D

We visited the aged in-laws, took them to lunch then let them loose in Sainsbury's so they could choose their own fresh produce. The weather was wonderful with gorgeous views of the Sussex Weald

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 1 Oct 2015 19:35

I have had a lovely day.

The little one I work with at school wrote her first sentence......only 6 words, but a huge step forward.

Days like today make it all worthwhile

:-D

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 1 Oct 2015 19:50

Nothing like having a Grandchild all to yourself is there Sue :-D

Det, I went out to lunch yesterday, and my friend and I saw 3 separate quite aged ladies, who it looked like sons were taking them out to lunch, one of the ladies, who looked to be in her nineties, had a couple of men with her, who could of well been Grandsons, they doted on her. She polished off a hearty meal, followed by a huge plate of cheese and biscuits, was lovely to see, especially when you often hear how so many elderly people are lonely and never get out :-)

What a lovely day for you Kitty, bet you ended the day by yet again cooking a codon bleu mael eh :-D :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 1 Oct 2015 19:52

It's been a good day. Some lesson planning and present buying.
And watching the birds and squirrels in the garden.

<3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Oct 2015 06:54

Went to the hospital to help hubby with his lunch . Grandaughter came over at 3pm and took me to Maidstone to a building society to activate hubbies power of attorney for an old pass book I found with a balance in an ISA . Well they couldnt find it on their system as seems it was closed in 2011 by a bank transfer .Never mind they did make a copy of the POW and authenticated it and arranged to send it off for a few
Lloyds bank shares he has . Not worth much but still an asset for him

Lovely afternoon but a bit of a chilly wind . Yonks since I have been to Maidstone so a nice trip out .

Granddaughter dropped me off at home and she went to the hospital for grandads evening meal

She has been a great help going in every evening so I don't have to do the double
trip

Nurse was telling me that she gave him his special K breakfast and she came back to help him and he had managed to eat most of it by himself.

We have been encouraging him to use a spoon and he is getting the hang of it !!! Lol

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Oct 2015 07:08

That's a real step forward, Shirley. What a lovely Granddaughter you have to help out so much, your husband must feel cared for with her attention and yours.

I slept most of yesterday, my fm and cfm is bad atm but I have to make a special effort to go out for dinner tonight for oh's sister's birthday. I will have to drive as usual because it will be dark and o.h. will be drinking.

Hope everyone has a good day

Lizx

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Oct 2015 15:22

We ate the first grapes off our vine.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 2 Oct 2015 16:06

Sitting outside on the decking with husband enjoying
the beautiful day and watching the birds feeding and
having a bath. Lovely :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Oct 2015 17:16

you're having a bath out on the decking? how decadent :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 2 Oct 2015 17:28

Today we had a lovely lunch at a marina with our friends who have put their longboat away for the winter.

The sun shone like it was summer.

:-D