General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How embarrassing..

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lavender

lavender Report 1 Jan 2016 22:55

Our grandchildren's other grandparents dropped in to collect the children's gifts which were too large to fit into their parents car.

I had just cooked the most dreadful chickpea curry. I did follow a recipe but the red chilli was probably too large. Instead of cutting my losses I kept adding more cartons of chickpeas, passata (I thought that might help) and spinach. I ended up with a huge vat of inedible curry.

As they opened the door the house would have reeked of curry, as did my clothes also.

I'm sure that I said I intended to slop in down the loo and as they departed I exclaimed that I would have trouble getting it round the U-bend! Their shocked grandmother replied, "too much information"!

"Oh, I didn't intend eating it", said I !

I'm always saying something inappropriate.. :-0 :-0 :-0

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 1 Jan 2016 23:00

So funny Lavender :-D

lavender

lavender Report 1 Jan 2016 23:05

I'm curled up with embarrassment, Sylvia :-( :-0

Does make me laugh tho'

:-D

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 1 Jan 2016 23:17

haha..am just on my way to bed, tittering to myself now..thank you

xxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Jan 2016 00:21

:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Jan 2016 00:43

:-D :-D :-D

I've never really got on with my eldest daughter's ex's mother - definitely not after she questioned whether our 3 year old grandson should be pushing a pushchair around with a teddy in it!! (Will it turn him gay etc). As my daughter pointed out - he was copying his dad!! Goodness knows what she would say about both boys playing with my doll's houses!!
Anyhow, 'pushchair boy' is now 8, and a bit of a science 'geek', but his much more outgoing younger brother (aged 5) really 'comes out' with the 'unmentionables'.
He talks about a 'twinkie', I tell him it's a penis - purely because his nanny(ex's mum) can't abide the reality!! :-D
My younger daughter was here at Christmas and openly breast fed her daughter. Youngest grandson said nothing - took it as normal.
Yet, in the past has referred to ladies bits as 't*tties'. I told him they were 'breasts', and informed him that overweight men could get them - but they didn't work, (ie to feed babies) unlike ladies' ones :-D :-D :-D

BTW - I get on very well with my younger daughters in-laws :-D :-D :-D

Should also point out that I never hidden real names of 'bits' from my children, and, as my eldest daughter works in maternity, all her children know the real names of 'bits' - my 13 year old grand daughter has even informed me of lady bits I didn't know the medical name of :-S
I can't abide the slightly sleazy 'niceness' of giving 'bits' cute names.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Jan 2016 01:23

I so agree with you, maggie!

My daughter was about 3 when she went to visit the neighbour behind, who had a daughter about 6 months older than mine, and 2 male dogs

Neighbour phoned me in quite the state ..........

"Did I know that my daughter knew the name for the dogs' 'bit'? She'd (big gasp) called it a (whispered very softly) penis."

Answer, yes I did .........

...... we'd used the correct names since she could understand them, and were not shamed into letting her only see us fully clothed.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Jan 2016 04:54

lolol

Most men have a special name for their "Bits", usually Dick, Peter, John Thomas etc...............wondering if a French man would name his Pierre, or if a Spanish man would name his Manuel.

I have never ever felt the need to "name" mine.

BUT.......... if I posted the correct names here the RR'r would be so SHOCKED!

I'd be whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooshed!

;-)

Allan

Allan Report 2 Jan 2016 05:19

Then there was the dyslexic who went to see the play 'Vivat Vivat Regina'

and told his friends he saw Rivat Rivat Vegina

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Jan 2016 09:53

:-D :-D :-D Lavender and alan.

lavender

lavender Report 2 Jan 2016 12:14

:-D :-D Maggie

Are we walking a tightrope here…… near a bit whoooooooooooo

shhhhh :-D

LynGinN

LynGinN Report 2 Jan 2016 12:16

Scozz - I'm not speaking from experience, mind you - but I believe a Spaniard would call his "Jaquemino" :-D

Er, according to a friend, that is :-D ;-)

Annx

Annx Report 2 Jan 2016 13:17

Ah ha, I see you are all referring to 'THE DOWNSTAIRS FURNITURE' as I call it when in company ;-)

Seriously though I agree it is better to teach children the correct names. :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Jan 2016 13:27

I worked in a factory with a Lithuanian woman called Regina, properly pronounced to rhyme with Georgina, and ,boy, did she have a tale to tell if you took the trouble to listen to her!

Anyway, Betty, who ran the line because she was no use at all working on it, insisted on calling this woman Vagina.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 Jan 2016 14:17

I was on a bus once, with 3-year old son, when a very pregnant woman got on.

Son asked, in a loud voice, why the lady was so fat. I explained that she had a baby in her tummy.

I was then tapped on the shoulder by the woman in the seat behind and informed in no uncertain terms that I shouldn't say such things, as he was far too young to understand. :-| :-| :-|

It's just as well son was with me, as otherwise I might have told her what I thought!!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Jan 2016 16:52

some people are so stupid!

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 2 Jan 2016 19:18

Surely a Spaniard would call his "cojones".

LynGinN

LynGinN Report 2 Jan 2016 19:26

They are just the round bits on either side, bob :-D :-D ;-) ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Jan 2016 22:05

Oooooooh Nooooooo!!!!!!

I use it. On the very rare occasions my lips get dry.
Can't stand the flavoured Chapsticks. :-D

Apparently WD40 would work just as well.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jan 2016 12:53

Ha ha the RRer has returned from their new year break!!