General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Support at Genes

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Feb 2016 12:05

I have just send an email to support about "my threads" which I haven't been able to access for weeks. I know I am not alone.

The email has just bounced back from postmaster@Brightsolid saying the recipient's mailbox is full.

I don't know how they can have any interest in this site if they can't even keep up with emails sent to them.

Anyone else had this email?

Kath. x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Feb 2016 12:16

Worrying! did you send it to the support@......... e mail address?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Feb 2016 12:26

Yes Ann - sent to "[email protected]"

Kath. x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Feb 2016 12:42

I've been sending my complaints re: "My threads" to the link on the error message. I always get a response within 2 days. Of course the response is that they're still working on it.

Edit: I've just sent another one and it seems to have gone through. Not that it will do any good!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Feb 2016 13:34

first thing today MyThreads returned error, 2nd time ok after a wait, now ok. They actually sent me a real phone number in their e-mail response!

knock on wood

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Feb 2016 13:38

Oh my goodness! It just worked for me first time! However it did that a week or so ago and I even sent them a thank you but it immediately stopped working again until just now.

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Feb 2016 13:57

nope gone again :-(

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Feb 2016 14:06

Just worked for me again, Rose, first time!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Feb 2016 14:18

I've just tried to access my threads again but still got the error message. I have just done as MargaretM has said and sent a message through the link on the error message. Have to wait and see if that does any good.

Rollo - please give us all the phone number. I have never been able to find one.

Kath. x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Feb 2016 14:34

Just tried it again, works instantly for me now. Why is that? Why working for some but not others?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Feb 2016 14:38

I don't know MargaretM. The way the whole site works these days is a mystery to me. I couldn't access my messages at the beginning of the year but that seems to be o.k. now.

EDIT - messages are not working again now

Kath. x :-(

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Feb 2016 15:18

Message Board not working for me either, Kath. Oh well, win one and lose one. This site is really becoming a disgrace!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Feb 2016 18:13

My Threads worked once for me on Friday, not since.

I had prompt responses to my emails last weekend and the week before.

They do have minimum staff, and the best of the best technical ones has left the company.

Someone also pointed out that the person who has been responding to emails re GR has also been known to respond to emails to FMP

I have posted a number of times over the last months that several of us were told last year that we were basically on our own .............. this site was up to the members.

We are all going to have to work out whether we wish to continue on here because of the friendships and other contacts, or whether to walk.

If the site is run down far enough that we all leave, then the company can wind it up, roll it over into FMP, or whatever they are allowed to do.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Feb 2016 18:23

Just tried again and now neither "My Threads" nor "Messages" works.

Don't know whether to walk, Sylvia, or run!

Kense

Kense Report 14 Feb 2016 19:02

Worked for me just now.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Feb 2016 19:34

still not working for me.

MM ............. neither do I !!!

Joy

Joy Report 14 Feb 2016 20:06

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages
Error
Sorry. An error has occurred
The page you were trying to load has experienced an error. This error has been logged and will be investigated.

If you hit the back button on your browser, it will return you to the page you were on, and you may like to try the action again. If you repeatedly experience the same error, please contact Customer Support.

If you were following a link from your favourites, an email or from another site, the link may have changed. We recommend returning to the home page of the Genes Reunited site, and following the existing menu options to navigate to the same content.

To return to the home page, click on the Genes Reunited logo.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/participation?pcp=0
Error
Sorry. An error has occurred
The page you were trying to load has experienced an error. This error has been logged and will be investigated.

If you hit the back button on your browser, it will return you to the page you were on, and you may like to try the action again. If you repeatedly experience the same error, please contact Customer Support.

If you were following a link from your favourites, an email or from another site, the link may have changed. We recommend returning to the home page of the Genes Reunited site, and following the existing menu options to navigate to the same content.

To return to the home page, click on the Genes Reunited logo.

Kense

Kense Report 14 Feb 2016 20:49

Got the error this time.

Then used the browser backspace and clicked My Threads again and it worked.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 14 Feb 2016 22:23

Works every time for me......on an iPad and ZA site.........but then again.......I also still have Christmas baubles :-D

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 14 Feb 2016 23:34

What error?????

Not that I want these things but why do I seem to be one of the only ones not having problems. :-D :-P