General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fresh Tuesday :)

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Feb 2016 08:31

:-D :-D <3 :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D
Always passing our smiles forward :-D

Let the Smiles Begin !!! :-D :-D :-D ;-) <3

Sending <3 <3 <3 to all those who are poorly sick <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 23 Feb 2016 08:46

Good morning Mersey. <3 :-D

Hope Nan and Mum are fine today. <3 :-D

Beautiful morning here, bright and sunny but oh sooo coooold. :-D

To everyone who comes onto this thread today, have a wonderful day y'all. :-D <3

I am now off to get sorted for meeting a friend for coffee but I'll be back later :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Feb 2016 08:53

Good morning Joy :-D <3, all fine here thanks have a nice time :-D :-D <3

Dermot

Dermot Report 23 Feb 2016 08:58

I thought my watch was a bit inaccurate this morning when I saw this thread up & running already.

The early bird catches the early worm - but cold squiggly worms don't do much for me because they taste a bit like bananas that have 'gone off' a tad.

:-D ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 23 Feb 2016 09:00

Hope you have a great day Mersey. Read through later postings from last night and I see you have a new handbag. Colour?

Are you going to pack it to the gills and walk out to show it off today? :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 23 Feb 2016 09:01

Dermot, you've tasted worms? Did you eat them when you were a whippersnapper? Hi by the way <3 :-D

Fly

Fly Report 23 Feb 2016 09:43

Heyup Munchkin :-D <3

Hiya Joy :-D <3 Dermot :-D <3 yuk :-0

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 23 Feb 2016 09:56

Morning everyone :-D :-D <3 <3

Lovely sunny day here but a bit nippy, Darlinks gone to school and I have to pick them up this afternoon after having me Barnet cut :-0 :-0

Mersey...you were supposed to be ancestor hunting not hitting the shops :-D :-D :-D

Fly

Fly Report 23 Feb 2016 09:57

Morning **Ann** :-D <3 i thought that ;-)

Fly

Fly Report 23 Feb 2016 10:02

Off out see you all later :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 23 Feb 2016 10:14

Morning Mersey, Fly, Joy, Dermie & Ann <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sunny but oh so cold ....brrrr :-D

Was gonna do some clearing up in the he garden but having second thoughts :-0

Catch you later~~~~ <3 <3

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 23 Feb 2016 11:44

Good morning Mersey and Everyone :-) :-) :-D :-D <3 <3 ;-) ;-)

Bright and sunny but still feeling cold in the leafy suburbs of Newcastle.

Will be meeting my pal for lunch later.

Hope everyone is well.

GP

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Feb 2016 11:55

mornin' all :-D lovely sunny day here in Cardiff :-D

Footie and Flossy <3 <3 <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 23 Feb 2016 13:01

Afternoon all :-D <3

I is soooooo fresh cause......just out of the shower :-D :-D :-D :-D

Covering of snow this morning but all
cleared up now and sunshine all the way. :-D :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 23 Feb 2016 13:24

hello everyone :-D :-D <3 <3

It's been a lovely sunny day so far but clouding over now and getting colder :-( :-(

a little better today so hopefully out on the razzle tonight ;-) ;-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Feb 2016 13:27

Coooeeeeeeeee :-D :-D <3 <3

Great news Auntie Barb :-D :-D <3

~~~~~~s to all who I have missed posting <3 <3 <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 23 Feb 2016 14:33

See James Martin is stepping down from
Saturday Kitchen after 10 years.

Well that means butter will go down in price now :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Feb 2016 14:44

Hiya Minxy :-D <3 I have never watched the programme but know who you mean :-D :-D :-D....

Hope you are fighting fit and ready for your night out tomorrow :-D :-D ;-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 23 Feb 2016 14:46

(# Copied from a very old posting.)

For Those who Reed and Right - We'll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes; but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes. One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese, yet the plural of moose should never be meese.

You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice; yet the plural of house is houses, not hice. If the plural of man is always called men, why shouldn't the plural of pan be called pen? If I spoke of my foot and show you my feet, and I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet? If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth, why shouldn't the plural of booth be called beeth?

Then one may be that, and three would be those, yet hat in the plural would never be hose, and the plural of cat is cats, not cose. We speak of a brother and also of brethren, but though we say mother, we never say methren. Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him, but imagine the feminine, she, shis and shim. Let's face it! - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.

English muffins weren't invented in England. We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?

Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it? If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Sometimes I think all the folks who grew up speaking English should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what other language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which an alarm goes off by going on. If Dad is Pop, how's come Mom isn't Mop? Or is she?

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Feb 2016 14:46

Thanks ever so for that Dermie :-S :-D