General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I THANK YOU

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 18 Mar 2016 16:38

Since injury 3 years ago I have lot of time on my hands I'd formerly be using in other ways. I spend a lot of time on my PC, on threads. The acquaintances I have made have helped me get through a difficult time to date.
Were it not for these threads I might have been talking to the wall. Sometimes I join in a thread, other times I start one. Either way I am grateful for the communication this outlet gives me.

I THANK YOU ALL

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 18 Mar 2016 16:52

H David, its good to be able to "talk" to people and there is usually someone on here to speak to and join in the threads. Pleased it is helping you. :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 18 Mar 2016 16:54

David, as you know I am always ready for a natter :-D :-D :-D :-D

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 18 Mar 2016 17:39

David, I know how you feel, I am somewhat lame and totally deaf so I have very limited social life, and this (and now facebook) is the nearest thing to actual conversation I ever have - I don't join in that much, but the chat keeps me thinking!

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 18 Mar 2016 17:41

<3 <3 <3 <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 18 Mar 2016 18:52

David have we spoken...I'm having a senior
moment here :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Mar 2016 19:12

David ........

I'm glad that the community on here is helping you.

I think many of us, if not all, have found comfort and distraction on this site. I find it is two-fold for me ........... both the chat posts and helping others on the genealogy threads involve and distract my mind.

Jane

Jane Report 18 Mar 2016 19:34

David you know we are all here,so need to talk to the wall :-D :-D <3

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Mar 2016 19:40

David, i think Jane means........"So NO need to talk to the wall" ??

:-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Mar 2016 19:48

It is good to have people to 'talk' to, many of us have received support and friendship on here, I am glad you have too

David

David Report 18 Mar 2016 19:57

Thank you all again. The injury while localised to my left leg has had a debilitating effect on my life. I'm waiting for DVLA in its wisdom to decide if I'm to resume driving. Had I advised then of the injury in 2013 my license dilemma wouldn't exist. But procrastination is the thief of time. The absence of a car is perhaps just a winge. Lots of people can't afford a car. I've had some dark periods when talking to myself out loud in frustration has occurred. I hope my neighbour in #4 doesn't think I'm nuts.
I'm 70 years old and apart from the left leg I enjoy good health.
Don't worry about senior moment, I must have had one when I caused this avoidable injury.
I thank you
<3

David

David Report 18 Mar 2016 20:01

Thank all individual and collectively, some Ive never met, some Ive communicated with before. I sincerely appreciate it.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Mar 2016 20:08

you're so welcome David - at least you care about my ganglion - no one else does :-( :-( :-( ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 18 Mar 2016 20:09

Well David as you see from my thread I have senior moments all the time. :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Mar 2016 20:10

don't we all :-D :-D

David

David Report 18 Mar 2016 20:18

We all have them, some we laugh off, others we ignore.

To Elizabeth, Emma and Ann, of course I care :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Mar 2016 21:32

this thread should be renamed - "The mutual admiration society" :-D :-D :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Mar 2016 21:33

Oh, Hello......SylviainCanada, Lagooner, AnninGlos, Jane, **Ann** and me!

:-( :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Mar 2016 21:35

and David ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 18 Mar 2016 21:39

Hello Prickles ~~~~~~~~~~~~ I am still lamb watching :-D :-D