General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what a little ****

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 May 2016 16:54

driving home from my son's house just now, negotiating a roundabout - when a car crashed straight into the side of mine - I was gobsmacked as I was indicating the route I was taking - I always indicate - I got out and asked him what the hell he thought he was doing - his reply was that I wasn't indicating""" I called him a little liar, looked at the damage on my car and said right, let's get some details - went to get a pen and paper and the little **** drove off - fortunately I managed to get his registration - wasn't sure in all the commotion that I had it correctly, but thankfully I did - reported it to the police and they are on their way to his house as we speak - pound to a penny he's not insured

Linda

Linda Report 9 May 2016 17:14

First of all are you alright Ann, well done for getting his registration number hope the so and so gets the book thrown at him for driving away, sending love <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 May 2016 17:33

thanks Linda - pretty shaken up really - never happened to me before - been driving for over forty years - clean licence, not even a parking ticket - it was a horrible shock

the police said they'd call me back when they had some information for me

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 May 2016 17:33

Hope you're feeling OK Ann. Even though you aren't hurt, it's still a shocked the system. Well done having the presence of mind to make a note of his reg number. Let's hope they throw the book at him...although he'll probably only get a slap on the hand. :-(

In case it comes down to he says, she says, check to see if your indicator light is actually working. It might have 'gone'.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 May 2016 17:42

thanks - just checked - indicators all working, back front and side

Mersey

Mersey Report 9 May 2016 17:45

Bloomin eck Sweetpea!!! I really do hope you are ok <3 <3

BrianW

BrianW Report 9 May 2016 17:50

For £25 I've invested in a dashcam.
Nearly had to make use of it yesterday when someone to the left of me on a roundabout decided to carry on to the next exit.
I had to do an extra circuit of the roundabout to avoid him turning into me.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 9 May 2016 17:55

Well done Ann for getting his number, hope the police go round and find him P****d then they can do him for that as well as the other likely offences, banned, no licence, no insurance ............

Hope you don't find you have to claim on your own insurance.

Main thing is glad you are OK, I have an in car camera, a worthwhile investment these days with crash for cash.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 May 2016 17:56

Yes a dash cam is a good idea, we have one on our main car. Sorry to hear about your horrid experience Ann hope you have no after effects and, well done for getting his number. I do hope they throw the book at him.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 May 2016 18:14

Here's a thought Ann. If he is not insured see if you can claim on his house insurance - if he or his parents have any.

Do you think the police will do anything if nobody was hurt? Perhaps not.

Another thought - payment in kind through small claims court. He may be happier paying for your repairs rather than your court sequestering his hi fi, car, telly etc.

Try everything.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 9 May 2016 18:35

So sorry Ann..it could happen to any one of us and these days a lot of young ones can't wait to get in front on bends etc.
I'm not a terribly slow driver just steady as I go on the bends around Snowdonia with other oldies ,so feel responsible for their safety as much as my own.
I have been looking at Dash cams and wondering...do they plug in or do you have to have them professionally installed?
The main thing is,are you OK.?it is a shock to the system and we can do without it especially U.S. senior citizens.????

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 9 May 2016 18:44

AnnC -He knows he was in the wrong by driving away from a road accident. I hope he gets what he deserves and well done for getting his details.

GP

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 May 2016 18:52

I think if he's not insured damage can be paid for from a central fund the insurance companies hold for such occasions

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 9 May 2016 18:53

Quick thinking, Ann. Hope they catch him.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 9 May 2016 19:30

I'm sorry to hear about this Ann!

Glad you are ok <3 <3

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 9 May 2016 19:47

The police will send him a "Failure to Stop" notice. Most likely he will ignore it and as no injury was reported the police will not follow it up.
Therefore if it happens again tell the police you now have a stiff neck or maybe it has recently got stiff? Dr Whiplash will know.

The police will give your insurance co. ( not you ) the address and they can pursue the claim. About 5% of cars in Cardiff are uninsured not counting those with foreign plates. No insurance or driving license are common reasons for failing to stop. Less common are drink driving and stolen motor.

Remember that you may have an excess to pay eg first £ 200 and any claim will affect your ncb unless you have paid for ncb protection.

The in-car web cam is a good device to have especially now they are as cheap as chips. However they won't help much with minor insurance claims.

Be happy you are not hurt and don't live in London small shunts are frequent.

Even quite small shunts with bodywork damage can easily cost way over £ 1 000 to fix. If the car you were driving was old there is a fair chance the insurance co. will write it off. If they do this then you can buy it back ( for buttons ) and get it fixed for a reasonable price. It will then be what is known as a CatD and attract slightly higher insurance.

Most policies offer you a free hire car while yr claim/repair is being sorted.

good luck

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 9 May 2016 19:56

Just glad your ok, obviously has something to hide or he would have stayed to face the music. Hope you get it sorted to your benefit Ann <3 <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 May 2016 20:08

I am so please your Ok Ann
I hope he is insured :-( :-( :-(

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 9 May 2016 20:28

Glad you are alright Ann, rest up and look after yourself now.......you have had a nasty shock. <3

BrianW

BrianW Report 9 May 2016 21:12

Brenda,
Dash cams simply stick to the windscreen (or sometimes dashboard) with a sucker and plug into the fag lighter.
No technical expertise required whatsoever.