General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ty-Nant cat sanctuary

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jul 2016 09:44

I have just seen this on facebook and am so cross I had to put this on here. what sort of human beings are we raising these days?

"We are deeply saddened to inform you all that tonight the sanctuary has been the victim of a terrible attack. A 18 and 15 year old has been caught unclear if more involved. Our room that we have our older cats reside in has been broken into and most of the cats that we had there are now missing/stolen. One cat was found killed in the lane, and only one other has been found and returned.

All our hard work and love that we have shown these cats has been devasted by this malicious attack.Teresa Nicky and the rest of the team are heart broken by this.

We would ask for any information from the public and our friends who follow and support us, to contact us or the police. Please share this post with friends and family. We hope all our fellow cat lovers with help us with this."

So sad for these people who work hard for these animals.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 31 Jul 2016 10:01

Words fail me.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 31 Jul 2016 10:07

You should be out here as a couple of times both dog and cat shelters have had poisoners throw tainted meat into the area and some have died.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Jul 2016 10:11

people who are cruel to animals are capable of cruelty and worse to humans

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 31 Jul 2016 13:28

I have always loved my cats who were and are a big part of my life ...

I have no understanding at all of why people and above all young people are cruel to animals and on top the cruelty towards the human owners / keepers who will be devastated. As Ann Cardiff notes youngsters involved in this sort of crime need urgent treatment 'cos they are ill and may well go on to even worse things. As it is ... "only a cat".

On a lighter feline note:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/jul/31/listen-to-her-purr-how-to-train-your-cat-sarah-ellis

I saw a tv clip recently of a sperm whale in trouble with a huge rope wrapped around its body and tail. A fishing boat patiently unwound the rope with a hook until the whale was free and could swim away. There is still a lot of kindness in the world.

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jul 2016 13:53

A lot of animal cruelty cases hit FB, one recently I was going to post about here, but in the end just found it too distressful , both to write and to be read.

I am in danger of climbing on my soapbox on this one...but it starts very young, the example you show to a child on how to treat even 'the least' of creatures.

Sharron

Sharron Report 31 Jul 2016 14:27

The second part of the word I would like to use is holes.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jul 2016 14:37

I don't usually repost distressing animal stories Rose but there is a bit of a purpose with this, to reach those who may be in the area who might come across one of the cats. Not everyone on here is on facebook.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 31 Jul 2016 14:56

when we were young for whatever reason I took against murdering and torturing animals. Back in the 1950s and 1960s such things as catapulting birds destroying their nests, tying cans and fireworks onto the tails of cats, kicking dogs, shooting anything that moved with an air rifle or .22, pulling tails off lizards and of course beating merry hell out of kids, wives and suspects were all considered normal by the Metropolitan Police.

I often wonder how they all turned out. Living on Mars probably.

Being large and tough I did my bit in reducing the mayhem on our patch anyway. As a result I was branded a "troublemaker". I even got a curcus boycotted for cruelty to tigers - which it got sorted out. Nothing much has changed.

I don't see why an assault on somebody's pet cat or dog ( or parrot, horse etc etc) should not be considered in law exactly the same thing as an assault on the person directly as the effect will be as bad or worse. I am told that I am too extreme animals have "no rights". The Bible says so.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 31 Jul 2016 17:14

Monsters :-( :-( :-(

But maybe they themselves have been cruelly treated, who knows.
It's hard to understand such cruelty to defenceless animals.

Thinking of all at Ty Nant Sanctuary <3

Dermot

Dermot Report 31 Jul 2016 17:31

The sentences handed out to those who abuse animals rarely deter further maltreatment.

magpie

magpie Report 31 Jul 2016 19:15

I'd kneecap the sods!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 31 Jul 2016 21:24

Some people are evil :-( :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Jul 2016 21:42

it was on the Wales news this evening - heartbreaking - kneecapping would not be painful enough

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jul 2016 21:55

Have they found any of the cats Ann? Did they say?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Jul 2016 22:04

not yet

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Jul 2016 23:19

I saw this report, it's heartbreaking. I think one cat had been found and returned, but who knows what has happened to the rest. They must be traumatised if still out there. Also traumatised must be the people who work with the cats, and know them like family. I hope everyone local will rally round in every way and that the scumbags who did such a terrible thing are punished well. How on earth can any young person think of such evil acts, are their parents teaching them disregard for animals and their fellow men?

Lizx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 31 Jul 2016 23:33

3 have been found
and one with its legs cut off

I am very sad poor cats :-( :-(

Linda

Linda Report 31 Jul 2016 23:35

Reminds me of when my grandsons were young all of a sudden we heard my daughters cat making this aweful sound on going out to the kitchen we found one boy pulling the cats tail and the other boy was pulling the hair on top of his head, without a word their mother got hold of their hair and pulled it saying to does that hurt and I must say the have both grown up loving their cats. It was awful what happened to these cats I really hope they catch the people who done this

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Aug 2016 03:56

That's awful, how depraved do you have to be to treat an animal like that? Especially at 15 and 18 yrs of age, they must have very disturbed sick minds.

Linda, a short sharp lesson does more than sitting on a naughty step!

Lizxx