General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adverts on telly

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 22 Sep 2016 20:01

There are some really buttock clenchingly cringeworthy adverts on the telly at the moment. The one I hate most is the one where two groups of men, one group wearing tight fitting blue shorts, have what appears to be a dance-off with a group of builders. Another has a man sitting on the toilet with his pants down around his ankles. I don't know what they are trying to sell us, as I have to look away. Any other suggestions?

magpie

magpie Report 22 Sep 2016 20:58

The advertisement with the blokes in shorts and the builders is just horrible, really vulgar and downright disgusting. I've no idea what's being advertised as we always turn it over for the duration! It's just vile and I can believe there haven't been complaints leading it to being pulled.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Sep 2016 21:10

I used to like Vinny in the Fox's biscwit ads

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 22 Sep 2016 21:17

There seem to be two types of advertisements:

Crude - in your face, shock value

Ones that are so convoluted and 'clever' that whatever they are selling is lost in the arty farty presentation.

Oh for the good old days of truly funny adverts.

http://www.headington.org.uk/adverts/clothes_shoes.htm

magpie

magpie Report 22 Sep 2016 22:24

We always turn the sound off during any advertisements, except the odious men in shorts (can't bear to look at that)so at least we don't have to listen to what can only be described as idiotic junk!!

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Sep 2016 22:45

One Add I think is Good Gerard Butler . * Boss* he seems to spray it everywhere .The ones with improved formula .hair products. washing powder ..leave well alone I use what I want :-) Ps agree the men in Shorts were they square up to each other ~~~Awful Barbra

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 22 Sep 2016 23:11

I like the Specsavers ads.

I do not like the men in shorts and high heels twerking and I'm with you, Magpie, I can't even remember what the ad is pushing.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 Sep 2016 00:21

well I guess that "you are SO money supermarket"
is another way of lending you money, at prices you cant afford.....

Dermot

Dermot Report 23 Sep 2016 08:48

"Now hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face, with mild green Fairy Liquid".

Simple adverts work well.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Sep 2016 08:51

:-P

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 Sep 2016 09:12

we are a LOAN!!!

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 23 Sep 2016 09:25

The Andrex one with the children ? :-|

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Sep 2016 09:25

Let's face it. Most of us on here have older teenage or adult children. What we find distasteful could be hilarious to the younger age group. Our tastes are different.

We may dislike the ads, but we're talking about them, aren't we? Job done.

McAlp

McAlp Report 23 Sep 2016 09:39

Most programs I record so I can fast forward the adverts.

But can someone tell me when did Britian become a nation of gamblers ?
Ann

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Sep 2016 09:47

Specsavers are very funny
My current fav is galaxy chocolate
TV ads are extremely effective and way expensive
Go compare ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Sep 2016 10:40

I'm with you Ann - I record so I can fast forward

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Sep 2016 10:44

Not keen on the group of builders and men in shorts but I do like the ones where they just have one of each or one on his own.

That silly cow who shouts'99 calories!'after eating a small pot of over priced and coloured yoghurt with meringues in it for some unexplained reason.

I just love that koala that hi-jacks the lorry.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 23 Sep 2016 11:11

I'm sick of all the charity ads.

And the pay for your funeral ones.

magpie

magpie Report 23 Sep 2016 12:04

I think it's only JD if someone actually buys something courtesy of an advertisement! I never have! My two granddaughters aged 16 and 13 think the men in shorts are just plain embarrassing, and yukky! Is it supposed to be amusing?!! Oh right!!!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 23 Sep 2016 12:14

two man in shorts and high heels slapping another mans rear end,,,,,,,,, :-S. :-P.