General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SO PROUD OF, AND THANKFUL FOR....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 6 May 2017 08:01

our son, his wife and a friend who, yesterday, completed the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge in 11hrs and 12 minutes. They have raised almost £2,000 for Parkinson's UK.

Not only have they raised the money, but they have also raised awareness of this dreadful condition which affects so many people around the world.

It is now 9 years since his dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's and our son felt he wanted to do something to help the wider picture. Considering that he, himself, has had both back and knee surgery in the past, I think he has done incredibly well.

He has received amazing support from both family and his wide circle of friends.

We have also been touched by the generosity of those from our church - who love my husband to bits - but I'm not jealous :-D

I am just so grateful for so many things......and wanted to share this news with you. <3

Cx :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 May 2017 08:51

So very well done to them all Cynthia and how right you are to be proud and thankful for those that go 'the extra mile' to raise awareness of all these horrid diseases. That must have taken some stamina. :-) <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 May 2017 09:25

Congratulations to the Team. :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 6 May 2017 09:38

Congrats to all :-D

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 6 May 2017 11:15

You are rightly proud of them. They did good!!! :-D

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 6 May 2017 11:17

Many congratulations to all

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 6 May 2017 11:17

Many congratulations to all

kandj

kandj Report 6 May 2017 11:20

No wonder you are feeling so proud Cynthia. Everyone who attempts such a hard
challenge deserves great praise. What an amazing amount of money raised for an
awful disease so close to home too. Well done to your son and daughter in law.
They must feel exhausted but elated too as their determination has paid off.

Thanks for sharing such good news on here today, there isn't enough of it around.

"I can do everything through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4;13.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 6 May 2017 13:58

Well done to them all Cynthia x

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 6 May 2017 17:10

Well done to them Sylvia. Parkinson's is an awful disease, so all that money for research is really needed

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 6 May 2017 19:21

Thank you everyone. They came round to see us this afternoon which was lovely of them and they weren't as exhausted as I thought they would be - they were tired but happy. :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 May 2017 19:52

Congratulations to them all Cynthia, it's close to my heart that something can be found to help with Parkinsons, so I can't really put into words my admiration for them, and you! xx <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 May 2017 23:31

Congratulations to them all xx

and you are so right to be very proud of them for what they achieved today, and what they have achieved by doing it.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 May 2017 07:23

A wonderful achievement, - no wonder you are proud of them.

How lovely to see them soon after too, to share that joy and excitement with them.

As you say, the awareness will be a lasting testimony to their success as well.

ann

ann Report 7 May 2017 09:18

Well done to your family for raising that amount of money. Parkinsons is awful. My grandson only 21 has Huntingtons which is one step up from Parkinsons. Hopefully with research into Parkinsons there maybe a glitter of hope they will find something for both of these horrendous illness's. Pat them all on the back xx

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 7 May 2017 11:17

Well done to them all, they have done you proud.

Linda

Linda Report 7 May 2017 17:42

Well done to all the family such a worth while corse I had a uncle with Parkinson's and two cousins also a very good friend. My brother does a lot of long walks in aid of heart problems <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 May 2017 17:52

Congratulations and Well Done to your son and his team, Cynthia :-)

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 7 May 2017 18:44

Well done to them all. A cause worthy of support.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 7 May 2017 22:06

Thank you everyone......your kind thoughts are much appreciated. <3