General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

50 Golden Years together...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sallie

Sallie Report 28 Aug 2017 09:37

Today Alun and I are are celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary. Going out for a meal with some of our close family. <3 <3 <3 <3

Sallie. :-) :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 28 Aug 2017 09:41

Congrats Sallie & Alun <3

Have a great day :-D :-D

Leslie

Leslie Report 28 Aug 2017 09:52

Good on yer Sallie and Alun....Congrats on reaching a mile stone...Tomorrow (Tuesday) Audrey and I would have been celebrating our 64th but she went and died at Christmas...As it's Bank Holiday we are having a large family picnic in her honour today at 1.30.. She loved picnics and old fashioned teas...I've made 21 jellies in small jam jars as that's what would have been done if we'd had gone to a park or somewhere....Enjoy your time together... <3 <3 LES...

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 28 Aug 2017 10:22

Congratulations to lovely Sallie and husband Alun on your Golden Wedding Anniversary.

I hope you will have many many more years of happiness together.

Have a wonderful day

Love Jem <3xxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Aug 2017 11:17

Congratulations to you both

Enjoy your family meal ,that's what we did on our fiftieth .
We raised a glass too to all the family members who were at the wedding but no longer with us . Was quite a poignant but happy day

Hope you both have a lovely day

<3

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Aug 2017 11:17

I remember my parents Golden anniversary so congrats not many make it for many reasons, enjoy your day.

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Aug 2017 12:06

*Congratulations * enjoy many more years together <3 Barbara :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Aug 2017 12:48

Congratulations and a Happy golden wedding anniversary, I hope you and Alun have a wonderful day.

Many thanks for our card yesterday and I hope yours arrived in time ok. <3 <3 <3 <3 :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Aug 2017 13:36

Happy Golden Anniversary.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 28 Aug 2017 13:49

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 28 Aug 2017 14:50

Many Congrats Sallie & Alun <3

Hope you are having a lovely day and have an enjoyable evening :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 28 Aug 2017 14:54

Congratulations Sallie and Alun, have a wonderful day.

My first memory of a big family get together was my paternal grandparents golden wedding anniversary. :-D

Enjoy your day :-D <3

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 28 Aug 2017 15:22

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you, Sallie & Alun, hope you are having a lovely day.

Joan.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 28 Aug 2017 15:26

Well done to both of you for getting all the way to your Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Such a lot of things have changed since 1967. But your marriage has stayed strong and true.
Setting up home was so different, as were the menu's we would have used to show off what a good cook we were, well able to run a household on our own!!

No microwaves, not many freezers, very few ready meals. I suppose that one of the things that have changed least are wedding dresses, unless you married in the 1980's and were "on trend"

Have a great day.

kandj

kandj Report 28 Aug 2017 16:29

Congratulations to you both on your Golden Wedding Anniversary. I hope you have very many more happy years together. xx

Von

Von Report 28 Aug 2017 18:33

Congratulations Sallie. I hope you have had a wonderful day <3 <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 28 Aug 2017 18:35

Many Congratulations Sallie & Alun <3 <3 <3 mega mwahhhhs <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Aug 2017 18:52

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary, Sallie and Alun xxx

I hope you have a wonderful day with your family.

We had a great time with our small family on our 50th on the 12th ....... we're just over 2 weeks older / longer than you in our married life :-D

Sallie

Sallie Report 28 Aug 2017 19:51

Thank you all for your many thoughts and congratulations for our 50th Anniversary today.

Ann, thank you for your card which arrived on Friday <3 :-) also glad that you received your card from us for yesterday.

We had a lovely meal out with some members of our close family and then came home and cut the cake that Jennie (daughter) had made for us and sat out in the garden to eat it while we all chatted, it has been a lovely day. They have all gone home so we are just the two of us again, all very quiet here now.

Thank you all again for your lovely thoughts.

Take care everyone.
Love, Sallie.xx<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Aug 2017 19:58

Happy Anniversary to you both xx