General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Eyebrows

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2018 23:12

Speaking as somebody who would paint their eyelids black and wear white lipstick back in the day, don't eyebrows look strange at the moment. It is a bit like a George Robey tribute.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Mar 2018 23:40

Grand daughter has the 'brows'. :-D
I asked her how to do it, as mine are quite silver, and I quite fancy making them slightly more visible.
At the time, I declined her offer to do mine for me (I didn't want the full works) - but may bite the bullet! :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2018 23:49

How do they do it?

As I have aged I have acquired a pair of Denis Healey's.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Mar 2018 23:56

'Special stuff' I believe.
I think there are brow kits that can be purchased at a price! :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Mar 2018 01:09

My eyebrows were always about the same colour as my hair .............. a sort of dirty blonde :-D

My hair is now silver, but my eyebrows stand out because they haven't changed colour!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Mar 2018 07:02

I think some of the brows these girls paint on look awful , far too 'heavy' for their faces. Mine are very sparse due to over plucking and a mix of silvery grey and brown but I can't fiddle about painting some on. They are mostly hidden by my specs anyway.

Lizx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Mar 2018 09:06

I have never fussed/plucked my eyebrows, they are very out of shape I suppose and a non descript colour but, as Liz said partly hidden anyway by glasses. My sister always has hers 'done', she is 71 I am 6.5 years older than her. I can't be bothered. Have never used mascara for more than a short evening out because my eyes don't like it.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 30 Mar 2018 09:17

I think they look awful, lots of young girls cover up their natural beauty with heavy 'slap'. When I was that age, eyebrows were plucked to almost nothing. I didn't fancy that and left mine thick. Then Brooke Shields appeared and I was 'trendy' at last! Now I go the salon every few months to keep them tamed, but they're still visible!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Mar 2018 09:41

Some of the false eyebrows are so overdone it's the first thing you notice

Mine are a bit sparse now having been plucked over time
I have big grey one too that are intertwined and they seem to stick up in the air so get plucked out

I was offered by my manicurist who also,does facials and foot care !! to have an eyebrow shaping and to dye them but I'm not sure I want to do that as the one and only facial I have had I got an allergic reaction to the eye treatments and ended up looking like I had got three rounds with mike Tyson !!!

Mine arch up above my glasses so are still very visable

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 30 Mar 2018 11:07

Maybelline do two sorts of brow pencil - the colour Dark Blonde is good for adding a bit of definition without looking silly with grey hair! There seems to be some kind of powder in the mix so no hard lines and it lasts quite well!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Mar 2018 11:14

I’d always thought makeup was to enhance your natural features. Those black eyebrow stripes or wedges look like textbook war paint to inspire fear in the enemy.

Perhaps the practioners will ‘grow out of it’.

Annx

Annx Report 30 Mar 2018 12:49

Thanks Elizabeth........that's what I need with my silver hair, a bit of definition.

That's a thought Det.......do they inspire fear in the hubby too I wonder? lol.
:-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Mar 2018 14:51

I don't paint my eyelids black any more, nor,indeed,do I wear white lipstick!

Sharron

Sharron

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2018 17:37

Hey up Sharron we heard you the fist time :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Mar 2018 17:45

I say,I don't paint my eyelids black any more.

Linda

Linda Report 30 Mar 2018 18:37

I am natural redhead although I am in my late sixties I am lucky enough to have kept the colour but it’s lighter my eye brows on the other hand have turned white arn’t I the lucky one :-D :-D :-D :-D

Joeva

Joeva Report 30 Mar 2018 19:30

My daughter-in-law had her brows waxed and tinted prior to going on holiday last week. Unfortunately she had an allergic reaction to the procedure .... with swelling on her face. She managed to get an appointment at her GPs , that was postponed by a phone call from her surgery, because they were too busy to see her. My son phoned 111 for advice and they arranged an appointment at their local hospital at 8.30 pm that evening. She was told it was an allergy and not given any treatment. Fortunately, she did get an appointment with the nurse at her surgery,and the upshot was that she had an infection and had to be prescribed antibiotics........... She is okay now , thank goodness ........ The only worry here is that because of her ongoing health condition and the medication she has to take . weakens her immune system I do so hope she stops having this sort of treatment in the future. :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Mar 2018 04:56

I will look out for that Maybelline brow pencil, Elizabeth, thank you.

I wouod not risk anything like brow dying, and having it done soon after waxing seems a strange idea. I hope your d.i.l. will give up the idea in future.

I rarely go out without mascara, my eyelashes are so light now and sparse too

Liz x