General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Beckham

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Sep 2018 23:39

Speeding in a 40 mph zone he was doing 59 mph got away with it its so unfair .me 36mph in 30mph zone £100 fine & 3points on my licence after 54years driving go figure I was wrong but come on money does talk :-(

safc

safc Report 28 Sep 2018 02:32

yes all wrong hope he never gets what he really wants a
knight hood to be called SIR
a total disgrace

only my view

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Sep 2018 04:06

didn't he have a lawyer well-known for finding "loopholes"???

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Sep 2018 08:04

He did, Sylvia.

That's what money can buy - the joy of a two-fingered salute to the police.

But, the less-than-diligent police force that allowed this to happen because of its tardiness needs to shoulder the blame.

Don't get me wrong, folks, in my eyes he would have been more of a man if he shouldered the responsibility for his actions.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 28 Sep 2018 08:15

He didn't receive the notification in the allotted time and it had to be thrown out. His money got him a smart lawyer and that would have cost far more than the fine. No winners at all. :-D

Hope he realises how dangerous it is speeding in a low speed area - the speed limit is to save lives.

EDIT Except his lawyer who is laughing all the way to the bank :-(

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Sep 2018 09:21

'Everyone is equal before the law whenever the contesting parties have equal financial resources & a bit of outside influence'. :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Sep 2018 10:04

I feel his behaviour to be morally wrong and irresponsible.

Thousands of young men want to be Beckham, he is still their hero.

Nobody wants to emulate me but, if I were caught speeding in my Smart, on my pension, I would pay up or, as I did, do the course.

He, a multi-millionaire, worshipped by many, was caught in a Bentley. That fine would have been of no consequence to him, losing his licence of little consequence and he would have looked like a decent sort of bloke who could accept his wrongdoing.

Island

Island Report 28 Sep 2018 10:16

Have to say though, he looks a t*at in that woolly hat :-0

Otherwise, I agree with the comments here.

David

David Report 28 Sep 2018 11:39

Read somewhere HRH ERII hasn't even got a driving licence ;-)

Island

Island Report 28 Sep 2018 11:52

Does HRH drive on public roads though David? If at all.

David

David Report 28 Sep 2018 12:21

I'm not privy to that Island, I'm sure she has an army of professionals would help.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 28 Sep 2018 12:42

ER doesn't need a licence as she don't drive on public roads ,only on her own private land.

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Sep 2018 12:54

Restrict DB's driving to his private land. I expect he owns an acre or ten.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 28 Sep 2018 13:04

ER11 would have had a driving licence during the war because of her ATS job.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Sep 2018 13:04

The various time limits for service for speeding etc are printed plain as day on the documents. The police, rather than get on with it, tend to send charge on the last day so that the accused receives it out of time. No expensive lawyer is needed just the ability to read.

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Sep 2018 13:08

The queen doesn't need a licence because she is the queen.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Sep 2018 13:24

ER liked driving and did so for many years incognito, with plates and DL. Vauxhall estate used at one time.

It is not house policy for the royals to use privilege in regard to their private lives. The boss has handed out some terse b-ings as reminders.

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Sep 2018 13:30

What?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Sep 2018 15:37

Perhaps ER was like my aunt. Obtained a driving licence before compulsory driving tests so can drive wherever - our roads as well as private land.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 28 Sep 2018 15:47

ER11 was only about 8 when compulsory driving tests came in.

https://mashable.com/2015/04/22/queen-elizabeth-army/?europe=true#oQrJgyVB2sqq