General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gandhis FlipFlops

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Oct 2018 23:38

I think
Any man who can walk all those miles in Flip Flops
deserves a sainthood

I myself can only wear them for 10 minutes

What do you think????? ;-) ;-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Oct 2018 04:03

Can't wear them at all, my daughter can run in them!

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 Oct 2018 07:40

Those poor wretches who cannot afford to buy 'proper' shoes would like to have a supply of cheap Flip-Flops.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Oct 2018 08:53

Dermot
Caroline is right they are awful to walk in
And if they have a toe post they are even worse :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Oct 2018 10:45

Who said anything about cheap flip-flops??....they can be very expensive too.....and yes the ones with toe post are the worse for sure. As for Gandhi I suppose the clothes he wore deserved a medal too :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 25 Oct 2018 10:56

Hate flip flops, never wear them. Spend about 9 months a year in sandals, all colours, all leather with straps.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Oct 2018 11:01

I think you cant beat a Primarni Flat shoe for Every day wear

But if I go out its break your neck stilettos or ankle boots :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 25 Oct 2018 11:13

Has to be leather out here, synthetics get too hot. I have problems getting my shoes - only size 3 but M & S do lots in my size :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Oct 2018 12:30

Ghandi wove some cloth as a wedding present for the queen.

Her grandmother, Queen Mary, thought it was his loin cloth.

I was once obliged to read Ghandi's autobiography and fell asleep every time I picked it up.

Why does somebody always need to bring up the unfortunate who would be only too grateful for whatever one is complaining about? What point are they making? Is it an implication that nobody in the world deserves to be happy while there are others who are not?

Whatever they are trying to achieve, it is certainly not shoes for those who have none! Maybe they should put the effort they put into being dampeners into being fund raisers!

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Oct 2018 13:30

Sharron along those lines...I attended a meeting at my children school just days after 911....it was to set up extra help....and we were told we really shouldn't expect extra educational help but just be happy as life could be so much worse...this after they'd identified an educational problem so not just us expecting too much from our child!

Island

Island Report 25 Oct 2018 13:31

Prickles is Queen of the Flip Flop
:-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 25 Oct 2018 14:53

When I was a lot younger and we lived in the tropics, both I and the children lived in flip-flops (the ones with the toe-bit).

I tried them again more recently, one hot summer, and they were so uncomfortable that I gave up!! :-(

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 25 Oct 2018 21:29

i carnt walk around the house with out any think on my feet so as soon as im up. on go's the flip flops and if im not going out that day thay will be on my feet all day

i love my flip flops <3 <3 <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Oct 2018 23:15

I go from leather boots with various size heels (not high stiletto types due to arthritis in my big toe) in autumn/ winter to flip flops in spring and summer. I have some crocs flipflops (toe post ones), one pair in black and the other purple, which are really comfy, and several other pairs in varied styles and colours. I love them and have worn them for years but don't wear them for driving altho I used to when I was younger. I do have one or two pairs of sandals in slingback styles and some mules, and two pair of flat full shoes but only wear them on 'smart' occasions.

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Oct 2018 22:51

I can't wear toestops.

Also, due to an unexpected snowfall when I was 20, which left me sleeping in a police cell, and, the next day, walking 14 miles home, in 3ft of snow, wearing flares and platforms: since that time, I only buy shoes/boots I can easily walk 15 miles in - so heels are out! :-D

As soon as the clocks go back, I'm in boots!

The above incident has also meant I've never worn flares since, nomatter how fashionable they became in the intervening years.
Do you know how much snow can collect up a pair of flares, how much it can weigh, and how debilitating it is to walk with snow-packed flares? :-|

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Oct 2018 15:49

Bet your calf muscles were hurting after that walk?!! :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Oct 2018 20:20

They certainly were - especially when they thawed! :-(

I was walking across the fields to our croft house, when I was met by the landlord and our dog. He'd fed the dog, and (obviously) let him out - we never locked the door, and either the landlord or landlady came down to feed the chickens twice a day, and always walked into the kitchen for water - whether we were in or not.
He realised the dog was alone - and wanted to 'borrow' him anyway, to herd some sheep!

Anyhow, he'd already heard where I spent the night, and was expecting me :-S

The walk took 5 hours.

As we didn't have a bathroom, he told me to go to his house, have a bath and thaw out. :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Oct 2018 00:32

You know those poor wretches who can't afford to buy proper shoes?

Do they have to always remember how lucky they are to have some feet to not be able to afford shoes for?

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Oct 2018 00:45

:-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Oct 2018 00:45

Moot point, Sharron.