General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fed up

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 7 Nov 2018 17:26

im fed up in haveing to buy cheep curtain :-(
i want to re-decorate the living room and get new curtain
BUT i have to get 3 sets has i have 3 window in the living room
so i have a limit of spending no more than about £30 a set
but this time i wanted to buy realy nice quality for about £70-£100
but i cant its just way to much for 3 set of curtain

FED UP FED UP FED UP :-( :-( :-( :-(

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Nov 2018 17:48

I'm also FED UP re curtains!

I bought a lovely pair of curtains to go up in my lounge last year. But before they went up, we were emotionally pushed by our Grandson into taking in an abandoned cat who had been living rough in a hedge for some time.

Just as well we hadn't put them up, as the old ones still up there he commenced in clawing and "mouthing" to mark his doorway (the window):-0

And just as well we love the cat! :-| :-D

Anyone have any idea how I can stop him doing this as I am desperate to put the new ones up?

He has a scratching post and various other things he is allowed to scratch :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Nov 2018 17:52

Jem you can by a deterrent spray from pet shops. I also found anything lemon scented near the offending spot works.

Watch out in the Dunelm stores if you have one near you Shelly as I have had some great bargains from there. If there is not a store near you try online <3

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 7 Nov 2018 17:54

get a spay bottle and give the cat a little spay with out the cat seening you
this i beleve is how you get cats to stop doing some think you dont want them to do

but just to be on the saft side try google and see what come up

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Nov 2018 17:56

Thanks both :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Nov 2018 17:59

B & M Bargains often have some very nice and reasonable priced curtains :-)

I had the ones for my bedroom from there as well as the pair for the lounge

David

David Report 7 Nov 2018 18:08

Have a browse on Ebay UK and or Amazon. There are bargains to be had :-)

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 7 Nov 2018 18:31

LaGooner just been looking at Dunelm stores thay have some nice blinds

david i dont have ebay but i get my nets from amazon

i realy want to look in shops to see the quilty and colour whan iv re painted the room

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Nov 2018 18:33

The other good store for curtain bargains is the Range Shelly. :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Nov 2018 18:33

I make my own sometimes
If I cant find exactly what I want :-D :-D

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 7 Nov 2018 18:44

LOL joy
i come down a long line of Taylors and dress makers maybe it time i go a sewing machine

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 8 Nov 2018 02:08

I always make my own curtains Shelly, they are very simple especially if you use plain fabric or something easy to match up. You can make hook-in linings from thermal liners that keep heat in and light out, if required.

I found some lovely curtains in a charity shop recently, some people change furnishings very often so the curtains are barely used and only cost £3.95 but buying several pairs to match might be difficult.

With lots of stores closing down you might find some really good bargains. Good luck.

Lizx

David

David Report 8 Nov 2018 05:28

It only takes a moment to open an account with Ebay then you can browse any category from a needle to a house :)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Nov 2018 09:33

The only trouble with buying from websites is you cannot look at what you are buying which I and probably most others like to do :-)

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Nov 2018 10:04

Dunelm make your curtains for you at a reasonable cost if you buy the material from them. My daughter has just done this.

David

David Report 8 Nov 2018 15:17

I used to watch a BBC presenter named Sarah Moore. She used to browse among what was being thrown out at tips. If something caught her eye she would take it away, with the owners permission. She had a knack of doing things up and selling them at
upmarket prices. Her profit from the sale she sale she would give to the owner.
Her ingenuity and natural talent were/are very entertaining :-)

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 8 Nov 2018 15:41

Jemima, is the scratch post near the window he is guarding/marking, so he can use the scratch post for that purpose, and also, is it a decent size, not one of those tiny things that are ok for kittens but wobble and/or are too short for a grown cat to have a really good strop?

Mine prefer the 6 ft cat trees, but I appreciate you may not have the room for one of those.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Nov 2018 23:42

I've got 2 cats - and wooden ventian blinds!

The front room window is very wide, so I have 2 blinds there (cheaper than buying one very large one), but this also enables the cats to stick their heads between the two blinds, and look very cute from the road! :-D

David

David Report 11 Nov 2018 07:52

FEDex and Ups are to merger and be known as Fedup (?)

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 11 Nov 2018 16:08

I also have two cats, and wooden venetian blinds, but the cats stick not just their heads but the rest of their bodies through the slats of the blinds so they can climb through and bask on the window sill in the sunshine, on days like today.

They are Singapuras so small enough to slip between the slats easily, albeit noisily, though I suspect other cats with the will to do so would also succeed. :-D