General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RTR

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madge

Madge Report 25 Jan 2019 16:34

Do you ever have any thing positive to say or add to this site or it is all doom and gloom, you have even slagged Cilla Black god rest her lovely soul off on Dermot's thread,you are a right misery harse.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 25 Jan 2019 16:49

Should I ask God for an opinion?

I am not peddling emphera which may not exist on the basis of events which may mever happen. I think Dermot chose a name at random he is just trying to raise a smile at his frustration at the time brexit is taking. As well he might.

Rees Mogg oversold one of his speaking events at £ 20 a pop. Lots of angry brexiters shut out. No refunds. That'show it is these days.

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Jan 2019 17:38

So the short answer is .......NO..... :-)

Island

Island Report 25 Jan 2019 17:39

So Rollo, Dermot throws the bait and you're the puppy with tongue hanging out eager to please.

I'm glad we got that sorted.

Madge

Madge Report 25 Jan 2019 17:47

As I suspected :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

well actually know ;-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 25 Jan 2019 18:15

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/7118526.Gadfly/

Madge

Madge Report 25 Jan 2019 18:29

anyone can copy and paste from the internet Rollo it is not rocket science :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Jan 2019 12:13

In order to find something out you first need to be able to ask the right question. Then you need the ability to consider if the answers are useful and true. That is the way it has been since the Oracle at Delphi (Greece) , the printed word and now the Internet.

No, anybody cannot do it.

The wall to wall mess that is brexit is not very eloquent proof.

Madge missed the reference to Gadfly in my post as might be expected.
It is not the best of times. Fingers in ears is a popular ploy.

Be careful.

Madge

Madge Report 26 Jan 2019 13:20

Pompous twit :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2019 13:23

I wonder when the Oracle moved.

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Jan 2019 13:30

All this because Dermot may or may not be selling an autograph from Cilla :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Jan 2019 13:52

Tsk tsk
My granny always said not to wear your ignorance on your sleeve.
Good advice tends to land on stony ground.

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 Jan 2019 14:44

Caroline - I sang a duet with Daniel O’Donnell in our local church in Northolt, Middx during a Confirmation Mass c.1980 - that was long before he became 'famous'.

Don’t tell me you’ve never heard of the esteemed fellow from Donegal!

Unfortunately, I'm still awaiting my fame!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Jan 2019 15:35

I am under the weather this week end not doing much. Medic - gp grade will be here soon
My cousin ( married to an o'Donnel) dragged me along to one of his concerts. Evangelical Country is not really my thing. For those who are he is V good.
Dermot must have a good voice.

Northolt is the location of NATO command N.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Jan 2019 15:49

I think I am right in saying that in 1980 Northolt would have been purely an RAF station.

An interesting fact about it (as has been said anyone can copy from the internet).
Northolt pre-dates the establishment of the Royal Air Force by almost three years, having opened in May 1915 making it the oldest RAF base. Originally established for the Royal Flying Corps, it has the longest history of continuous use of any RAF airfield. Before the outbreak of the Second World War, the station was the first to take delivery of the Hawker Hurricane. The station played a key role during the Battle of Britain, when fighters from several of its units, including No. 303 Polish Fighter Squadron, engaged enemy aircraft as part of the defence of London. It became the first base to have squadrons operating Supermarine Spitfire aircraft within German airspace.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Jan 2019 15:52

You are right there Ann as that area was my old stomping ground :-D :-D :-D I had friends living out that way

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Jan 2019 15:55

I think even in 1994 it was still just RAF as I vaguely remember coming across it in the course of work. :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Jan 2019 15:59

Dermot I have heard of him even without knowing how to ask Google the right question :-D Not my cup of tea but I will acknowledge he has a very good voice.
As for your singing can only assume you're rather good too :-D I used to be in the school choirs couldn't sing a note but they needed tall people for the back :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2019 16:06

Was the body of Princess Diana not returned to Northolt?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Jan 2019 16:23

I think it was Sharron.