General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my mums side family WINTERS OR ROUSE

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melanie

Melanie Report 9 Dec 2022 20:23

hiya
im looking for my aunt dora and well i use to call him grandad grantham they lived in a big beauiful stoned house sheringham .....matlaske ,i was about 16 probably last time i saw most of the family my aunts side which i think was my aunts funeral not sure, their names a cousin BIDDY i remember ,TRIPE we called uncle, i think susanne not sure , wou;d be lovely to speak to someone as spent alot of time round aunt doras home ,they had a big garden at the back,they had a jack russell was a snappy dog use to growl alot haha,had a tram or carvan or something we use to play in ,it was one house but split into two ,loved staying there,not sure but i think unlce teddy lived near my nanny joyce barkers brother, there was RUTH,NANNY<GLADY<GRACIE<GEORGE JACK but his name was JOHN, also uncle BEN,DORA ........my nanny and grandad are buried at denton church where alot of ancients are also buried ......please can someone get in contacted id love to hear from someone
thank you
ohhh my mum and dad was NEVILLE and ROSEMARY xxxx

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 09:59

I think it's unlikely that anyone here will recognise your reminiscences, lovely as they are, but if you could just give names - forenames and surnames - approximate years of birth and where. Otherwise it is nigh impossible for anyone to help.

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 11:27

If I'd put that Joan I'd be slaughtered. You are right though but we don't know Melanie.

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 11:43

Joan. I like a challenge but I need something to go on. :-(

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Dec 2022 13:27

Melanie has another thread about a member of the Rouse family where she was given advise about looking at the search members trees.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Dec 2022 13:49

Melanie, can we start with your parents then go on from there?

Since you mentioned Neville and Rosemary and Norfolk, could they have married in Suffolk in 1965?

Did your father die in 2014?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Dec 2022 14:02

I think Melanie is possibly new to genealogy and excited at the thought of finding her family. and what is 'all over the place' to us is just how they talk on line. she just needs a kind person to put a specific question though like JoyLouise has done then maybe some of our kind people can help her. <3

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 14:18

Good idea Joy. How did you find a possible death in 2014? Surname?
I've tried various permutations of the given names but get 'no results'.
There are routes to follow from the members trees.

Goddard/Bird? 1965. :-S

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Dec 2022 14:27

A ninGlos. Whilst Melanie hadn’t posted very much she has been a member since 2007.

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 14:49

I am trying to help Ann but the names just don't go together.
I have given Melanie a pointer on the other thread.

I've spent some time today trying to marry names together with no results.

The lady who Melanie is looking for seems to have been born around 1955 so unless Shirley was a much older friend I'm not sure that Melanie would be a youngster.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Dec 2022 14:57

ah an inactive member. She should know to revisit the thread then. Ah yes, so possibly in her late 60s then. Maybe she could re-visit her post, read it and break it up a bit. Yes I saw that you were helping. Actually nice to have somebody ask for help for a change isn't it?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Dec 2022 15:02

The other thread:
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1401045?jump=1401045

Melanie says her 'nanny' was Joyce Barker : could this be her burial

Name: Joyce Ruth Margaret Barker
Death Date: 30 Aug 1980
Cemetery: St. Mary's Churchyard
Burial or Cremation Place: Denton, South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England

Added Joyce RM Winter amrried William Barker in 1935 Depwade, Norfolk, late living in Hayes Middlesex (1939)

Added: if this is right then Joyce is on a lot of Ancestry trees.

added more: from Freebmd :
Births Jun 1936 (>99%)
Barker Rosemary J Winter Uxbridge 3a 107

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 16:32

Well done Names. Neville Goddard appears to be Rosemary's second husband. That doesn't get us any closer to Shirley Rouse though - except for sending her a message via 'members trees'. Square one LOL

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Dec 2022 17:01

The first line of this request is for Aunt Dora. One of the ancestry trees has her dying in 2003 in Norfolk.

Melanie needs to learn how to use Freebmd or take out an Ancestry sub. One of the tree owners may actually be related.

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 17:19

It is indeed but all quite confusing as he other thread is looking for Shirley Rouse and the two seem to merge.

I'm guessing Melanie doesn't use either tool as the information is all there.

Melanie

Melanie Report 10 Dec 2022 17:41

Hi thank you joy Louise for your kindness,others seem so rude but thank you for those who have helped,and no I don't come on here often , yes my nanny was Joyce Ruth Margaret barker, my mum was called Rosemary Joyce, my mum did married before my dad to a block was BIRD married My dad had 2 children ,but unfortunately my parents Neville and Rosemary devorviced when I was about 13 ,was a very sad time for me but carried on and lived with my dad , I know my mum and sad married about 3rd or 6th April don't know year, but yes there are 2 families of rouse no relation ,aunt Dora and Grantham was from Norfolk Sheringham way as I said and Shirley rouse is from my mums best from who live in scarning Norfolk she was into horses had a lively farm ,Jean and reggie was my god parents! Sorry for the confusion .....I would just love to get incontact with my family , Dora was my nanny JOYCE RUTH MARGARET S SISTER ., ive also learnt where my nanny and grandad married and what year as I've never known this yes my Nanny is buried with my grandad at denton Church where as her mother and father Dora and John tubby is and my nanny's grandparents are also levi and Emma tubby also my nanny's brother lesley who we knew as Ben winter is buried too,thank to to all those whose helped me mean alot thank you sorry if my first message sounds gobbley good it was just didn't know how to put it all in writing actually but thanks those for your help ,I much appreciate all the know about my mother and father and my nanny's side of the family, I also know they moved to denton ROSE COTTAGE the moved to MOATSIDE WESTHALL .

Melanie

Melanie Report 10 Dec 2022 17:46

Oh and yes my nanny Joyce died 30th August 1980
My mother died 2nd November 1999
My father died 20th February 2014 for days before his 76th birthday was heartbreaking. But thank you

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 17:51

I don't see anyone being rude Melanie, just confused by lack of vital information when trying to help.
Sorry, I just can't make sense of your post.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2022 18:03

Rosemary Joyce
District number 6361A
Last name Jones
Register number A65B
Gender Female
Entry number 031
Birth day 17
Date of registration mm/yy 1199
Birth month 4
County Norfolk
Birth year 1936
Country England
Age -
Record set England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007
Death quarter 4
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Registration Month 11
Subcategory Civil Deaths & Burials
Death year 1999
Collections from Great Britain, England
District Great Yarmouth

Rosemary Joyce
County Suffolk
Last name Jones
Country England
Birth year 1936
Image link http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/Rosemary-Joyce-Jones/5185448
Birth date 17 Apr 1936
Record set England Billion Graves Cemetery Index
Death year 1999
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Death date 02 Nov 1999
Subcategory Civil Deaths & Burials
Cemetery Beccles Cemetery
Collections from England, Great Britain
City Beccles

copyright BillionGraves http://www.billiongraves.com 2012

Melanie

Melanie Report 10 Dec 2022 18:10

My nanny was one of a big family so yes she will be in alot of family tresses, but they all originate from Poringland and Ditchingham way ,then as everyone got older they mover Uxbridge and london way !