General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Snowbird Monday

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Dec 2022 09:49

:-0 :-0 :-D :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D

It's like a winter wonderland out there :-0

Ralphie was gambolling like a lamb :-D. He couldn't understand why he couldn't find a green bit of grass :-D

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

Keep warm <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Dec 2022 10:22

Morning Belle :-)

No snow here and not even a hint of frost.
We must be just on the edge of this bad weather.

Lovely meeting up with nephew for lunch in Rye, Sussex yesterday.

Still waiting to hear that he has safely reached home in Surrey, as he had to shelter somewhere overnight, because road conditions were so bad :-0

I hope your visitors' return journey was trouble-free.

Von

Von Report 12 Dec 2022 10:23

Good morning :-D <3

Same here Belle. ;-)

Children were walking to school very gingerly this morning so I guess it’s icy out there.

Not going out to see :-0 ;-)

Take care everyone <3

Von

Von Report 12 Dec 2022 10:24

~~~~~~~ to Gwyn :-D <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Dec 2022 10:30

Morning Gwyn <3 :-D

I've just been reading on my BBC Tablet news about people taking refuge in The Bear Inn in Burwash, Sussex after having to abandon their cars due to the bad weather, it did sound very civilised, very British :-). I hope he manages to make the rest of his journey safely today :-)

Yes, my visitors were here on Saturday and went back the same day....so home safely :-). I don't think they would have been able to come if it was yesterday due to the freezing fog :-0

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Dec 2022 10:32

Morning Von <3 :-D

It's your fault you said you didn't have any of the snow forecasted :-0. Famous last words ;-) :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Dec 2022 10:33

Some of the schools are closed around here :-0

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 12 Dec 2022 11:17

Morning, from a VERY cold & frosty Aberdeenshire.
It doesn't look as though the frost will lift anytime soon eveb though the sun it out !

I have just been into our back porch & according to the thermometer it is colder than inside the fridge !

It all looks pretty but I would rather not have such a severe frost.

Joan.

Von

Von Report 12 Dec 2022 11:22

What lightweights Belle ;-) ;-)

We went to school in the winter of 62/63.

Even when I was teaching schools weren’t closed.

I’m off to do my ironing and watch back to back I player ;-)
I have edited this post .

Island

Island Report 12 Dec 2022 12:01

Von, not such a good idea for children to be playing in parks currently.

I've been following this since yesterday afternoon.
Still 'up to two' missing.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/three-boys-dead-after-falling-into-solihull-lake-police-confirm/ar-AA15b6Uc?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=49b9559349974f44a0c920bbf9718d3a

Island

Island Report 12 Dec 2022 12:06

Afternoon all

Fog this morning, brief light snow shower, minus 3, Put another log on the fire missus.

Fly's late, hope she's ok.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Dec 2022 12:17

Afternoon Joan & Island <3 <3 :-D :-D

Yes, I've been following that story too Island.....so very sad :-( <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Dec 2022 12:23

Von, I was talking to one of the Secretary's at our local secondary school which is closed this morning. She said the school was closed because over half the teachers couldn't get in because the Underground is up the swanny due to the weather and the treacherous road conditions for those driving :-0

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 12 Dec 2022 13:10

Afternoon All :-D <3

When we looked out last night about 8pm it had just started snowing. Overnight I reckon we had about 3 inches.

Funny how the local council grits the High Street, which melts with the heat from the shops, but the side streets, where I live, nuffink!

So I trudged like Scott down to the shops. :-D :-D

I dont remember the schools closing when I was a kid, not even when there was thick fog either. Mum just bundled you up with a scarf around your mouth, and off we went.

All the buses are running up our end, albeit slowly, and only slight delays on the Tube.

Von

Von Report 12 Dec 2022 13:33

That was a terrible incident that happened in Birmingham and I believe that they are

still looking for victims. :-(

Fly

Fly Report 12 Dec 2022 13:40

Afternoon Belle :-D <3 Gwyn :-D <3 Von :-D <3 Joan :-D <3 Island :-D <3 Maddie :-D <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 12 Dec 2022 14:01

Afternoon everyone <3 <3

Tis like the North Pole here…-6 out there :-0 :-0

Went to post the last of my parcels off this morning…..Can I send these 1st class please…yes he says but don’t expect them to get to their destination for Xmas :-0 :-0

RIP poor children….how heartbreaking for their families <3 <3 <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 12 Dec 2022 19:05

Evening :-D <3

Such very sad news about those three little boys in West Midlands. <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 12 Dec 2022 19:13

Evening Maddie :-D <3

Very sad :-(

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 12 Dec 2022 19:18

Wotcha <3 :-D