General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any confessions?

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Jan 2023 20:19

Has anyone given in and bought Spare as soon as it appeared this morning, and is willing to confess to it?

Certainly not on my reading list, and never will be! Not even if it appears in the dentist or doctor's waiting rooms.

Allan

Allan Report 10 Jan 2023 21:12

No!

Listening to all the rubbish on and in the media is bad enough. I would turn the TV off if I could, but I'm usually too busy throwing up in the bathroom :-| :-|

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Jan 2023 21:25

I could think of a use for the book in the bathroom :-D :-D :-D :-D Anyone got any string to hang it up with ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jan 2023 21:43

I will only buy it like I bought Dan Brown's books - from a charity shop!

At least then. the money goes to a worthwhile cause :-D

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Jan 2023 22:27

We've probably heard all the best (or worst) whiny bits already, several times over, on what they call "news" these days.

He's welcome to fight racism, press intrusion, etc, etc as much as he likes.
But family matters should be private, no matter who's right or who's wrong, and not deliberately fed to the very press he says he wants to escape from.

Allan

Allan Report 10 Jan 2023 22:40

Anyway, what's a 'conferssion'? ;-) :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Jan 2023 22:42

I've heard so much on the news that I don't think there is much left in the book we don't know about.
Made me laugh when it announced the book has already been slashed to half price!!

What is Harry really achieving by telling the world about private family squabbles? Are we really that interested in them?

For someone who complained they wanted privacy away from the press, why is he doing every interview possible in the USA?

I think their titles should be removed so that they become just plain Harry & Megan and then noone would be interested in them and they would have all the privacy they wanted then......but then they wouldn't be earning any money!!

With so many more important things going on in the world, why on earth do we give them so much air time?

I wonder if Diana was still alive today, what she would have made of the situation?

Caroline

Caroline Report 10 Jan 2023 22:52

I think it's really sad he's doing this. It's all very well saying things happened but there's no proof and he keeps changing the story. One of todays headline it seems he thinks the title heir and spare means he's to be used as a donor for William if he ever has a medical issue. Then his memory lapse with where he was when he was told the Queen Mother had died.
All his comments about drug use including currently should mean he's denied a new visa for America......think before you speak might be advised.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Jan 2023 23:13

Just as a point of interest, his children were born in the uk so do they have visas to stay in the USA? How long can Harry stay in the USA?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jan 2023 23:55

Whoever his therapist is, should be sacked!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Jan 2023 00:05

I don't understand what he hopes to gain from all the stuff (dirt) he's spilling.

To me, he's just showing how ignorant he is ............ eg, the spare is there to be a replacement if the heir dies, as has happened. But not to donate organs.

To get a US visa, one has to declare on a form whether or not one has ever taken drugs. So he lied. It will be interesting to see what the US Immigration does now .............. or how drug taking will affect what is thought to be her desire to run for president.

To attack your 96 year old grandmother, and denigrate your whole family by disclosing very private details is, in my opinion, disgraceful.

However, I should point out that his youngest child was born in the US, as was his wife.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Jan 2023 00:10

Allan .......... well spotted!!!

Caroline

Caroline Report 11 Jan 2023 03:07

I think Harry's visa has to be renewed every few years and is coming up shortly....now as we've said he's either lied already or they've given him special leave but he's now said he's still using......

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Jan 2023 08:40

I might be tempted if I found it for 50p in a bargain bucket.

He may have been an officer but he is not a gentleman.

Added: Ithink the Swindon bookshop had it right when they displayed the book along with another. ‘How to kill your family’.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 Jan 2023 09:37

Lol names,I heard that too :-D :-D
Sorry,I forgot the 2nd child was born in the USA.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 11 Jan 2023 10:48

I won’t be buying it, but oddly my young niece seems to have bought it.

Welcome back Sylvia, I hope you enjoyed your trip

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 11 Jan 2023 11:23

I think there is something seriously mentally wrong with Harry if he doesn't think that what he has done is not hurtful to his Family! How on earth he thinks that he will get his 'Father back and his Brother back' in attacking them in such a public way is beyond me, it certainly a very strange way of doing it :-0

I agree with Maggie about his therapist. Someone needs to tell Harry that he's been robbed:-0

He wrote in his book that he killed 25 Afghans but now he is saying The Press took it out of context and has put his Family at risk but hang on a moment did he or did he not say in the book he killed 25 Afgans :-S

I suppose we will now have another book "Meghan, Wife of Spare' to look forward to...NOT :-|

Caroline

Caroline Report 11 Jan 2023 11:33

Worryingly Harry still has other books to write under his deal and yes Meghan has a book deal too,

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 11 Jan 2023 11:54

According to last night's news it is the fastest selling non-fiction book ever. People all over the world are buying it, with the highest proportion in the USA.

I also saw a comment from one reviewer that it was the weirdest memoir he had ever read.

I have no intention of buying it! :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Jan 2023 12:33

LondonBelle -

Harry: I killed 25 Taliban
Also Harry: 'Sob', my brother broke my necklace.
Shame no-one taught him about priorities.

I can't see anyone wanting him to him host the 'Invictus' games now.