Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Augusta Lavinia Hague

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Feb 2011 20:41

I am trying to find a death certificate for Augusta Lavinia Hague b. 1891. She was my Great Grandmother. My Mum thinks she remembers her passing away in approximately 1954 but I haven't been able to find a death certificate or anything for her. I feel like I've hit a brick wall!

As far as we're aware, she never married, so her surname should've remained 'Hague'. I have also searched under the various spellings of her surname but to no avail.

If you can help, I would be extremely grateful!

Thank you! Nicola Ward

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Feb 2011 20:49

She was born in 1891 in Hull.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Feb 2011 20:50

Nicola,

What area born, lived.

Ann

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Feb 2011 20:51

SNAP!

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Feb 2011 20:54

Slight name variation???

Name: HAGUE, Augustina L
Registration District: Help Hull
County: Yorkshire
Year of Registration: 1927
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Spouse's last name: White
Volume No: Help 9D
Page No: Help 617

Name: WHITE, Willie K
Registration District: Hull
County: Yorkshire
Year of Registration: 1927
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Spouse's last name: Hague
Volume No: 9D
Page No: 617

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Feb 2011 21:03

Oh wow! I wonder if that was really her??!! Her name was Augusta but I know spellings weren't always correct.

Her father's name was John Hague b. 1851 - can you tell me if this is on the marriage certificate please? As far as our family's aware, she never married. Unfortunately, my Nanna, her daughter, is no longer with us and never really spoke about her family.

Augusta's mother was called Alice Ida Ferrand b. 1866. Don't know if that helps in anyway!

Thank you so much!

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Feb 2011 21:09

Well the only way to find out if she is yours for sure is to buy the cert, I am having a job to find Augusta/Augustina 1891 on the census.....strange one.

I know you have the correct birth year as I can see her birth myself, so she may have missed the 1891 census, but should be on the 1901/1911. Any other info you have.......post here. Will go back and take another look.

Annx

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 3 Feb 2011 21:14

this seems to match the marriage and the dob would be 1891

Name: Augusta L White
Death Registration Month/Year: 1958
Age at death (estimated): 67
Registration district: Hull
Inferred County: Yorkshire East Riding
Volume: 2a
Page: 251

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Feb 2011 21:17

That's all I have really, apart from the names and d.o.b. of the children she had.

I haven't been able to find a death certificate for her but maybe that was 'cause her surname wasn't Hague. Her last known address was Jalland Street, off Holderness Road, Hull. We think it was some time in the 50s that she died as my Mum was born in 1949 and was only young but remembers it happening.

Thank you so much for helping me!

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Feb 2011 21:19

Oh thank you chrissiex! I'll bet that's right! I really need to buy the certificates now!

I'm really excited....sad, I know! ;o)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Feb 2011 21:19

Well done Chrissie...........this could be her then, reverting back to the shortened version LOL.

Her parents Alice & John...............Nicola.....are you sure of the name John?

I can find a couple of Alice Hagues but not with John and no sign of Augusta at the moment.

Annx

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 3 Feb 2011 21:20

I think Alice remarried

Marriages Jun 1902
Clunn James Sculcoates 9d 255
Hague Alice Ida Sculcoates 9d 255 <<<
Oakes Elizabeth Sculcoates 9d 255
WALKER John Henry Sculcoates 9d 255

possibly in 1901 Alice and Augusta were already under the stepfather's surname ?

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 3 Feb 2011 21:28

well good for Ann for finding the possible marriage!

slight difference for mother's surname

Marriages Sep 1890
Dixon James William Sculcoates 9d 227
Farrah Alice Ida Sculcoates 9d 227 <<<
HAGUE John Sculcoates 9d 227 <<<
White Emily Sculcoates 9d 227

except her birth is

Births Sep 1865
Ferrand Alice Ida Sculcoates 9d 145

whoops, here's a marriage for that one, these are the only occurrences of the name and there's no birth for Alice Ida Farrah

Marriages Dec 1885
Broadwell Henry Sculcoates 9d 337
Coates Elizabeth Sculcoates 9d 337
Farrah Frederick Ernest Sculcoates 9d 337
FERRAND Alice Ida Sculcoates 9d 337 <<<

??

oh ........... duh, lol ............ she married Frederick Ernest Farrah first, then John Hague !

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Feb 2011 21:29

I can't remember all the details at the moment I'm afraid! I've had two children since I last really looked at the family tree and then haven't really had time.

I know that Alice Ida Ferrand married John Hague b. 1851 (Augusta's father), then Frederick Ernest Farrah b. c. 1861, then John Henry Walker b. c. 1868. It's a bit of a tricky family! My Nanna, Alice Lavinia Hague/Himsworth/Halliday was brought up thinking her mum was her sister. Think she was about 10 when she found out the truth.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Feb 2011 21:31

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!

1911 census - household transcription
Person: WALKER, Alice Ida
Address: 7 Beatrice Avenue Division Road Hull

Cost:
You will be charged 10 credits for a transcript and 30 credits for an image, unless you have purchased a subscription for this set of records.

census search results all search results redefine current search
Name Relation Condition/
Yrs married Sex Age Birth
Year Occupation Where Born Original
census

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WALKER, John Henry Husband Married
21 years M 42 1869 Labourer At Sea VIEW
WALKER, Alice Ida Wife Married F 45 1866 Hull Yorkshire VIEW
WALKER, Agustia Lavina Hague Daughter Singel F 17 1894 Cannister Worker Enfortler Hull Yorkshire VIEW
WALKER, Albert Edward Hague Son Single M 18 1893 Fish Cleaner Hull Yorkshire VIEW
WALKER, Evar Fenwick Hague Daughter Single F 17 1894 Cannister Works Hull Yorkshire VIEW
WALKER, Charles Henry Hague Son Single M 15 1896 Hull Yorkshire VIEW
WALKER, John Henry Son M 8 1903 Hull Yorkshire VIEW
WALKER, Alice Ida Daughter F 4 1907 Hull Yorkshire VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG14 Piece:
28799 Reference:
RG14PN28799 RG78PN1652 RD522 SD2 ED30 SN97

Registration District:
Hull Sub District:
Myton Enumeration District:
30 Parish:
Holy Trinity and St Mary

Address:
7 Beatrice Avenue Division Road Hull County:
Yorkshire (East riding)

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 3 Feb 2011 21:33

right so this is John's death, age matches dob 1851

Deaths Jun 1898
Hague John 47 Sculcoates 9d 133

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Feb 2011 21:35

Thank you both so, so, much for all your help! ;o) I really, really appreciate it!

Can't believe she was married (there can't have been that many Augustas around) when the family didn't know....or just didn't pass on the information.

I guess that's families for you! Haha!

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Feb 2011 21:38

On the 1911 census I posted, they state they have been married 21 years 6 children born to the marriage and 6 still living.

Obviously they have not understood the questions on the form, as 4 children are Hague, and they had been married approx 9years

Nicola.......are you still excited!!!!!!!! lol

Annx

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 3 Feb 2011 21:41

oops, I got left behind, good 1911 there!

Nicola

Nicola Report 3 Feb 2011 21:42

Haha, I am Ann! Can you tell??!! LOL!!!!

Maybe they were trying to hide the fact that they weren't all his children but then why didn't they change their surnames??!!

Nik. xx