Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

death certificate

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Genda

Genda Report 21 Apr 2010 18:58

Doris Evelyn Isaac Nee Rowe born 1920 . no other information regarding place of birth or death (if not still alive)

Celticqueen

Celticqueen Report 21 Apr 2010 19:29

hi

Not sure if this is "your" Doris, but here's a marriage in Bridport, Dorset.

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Sep 1939 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rowe Doris E Isaac Bridport 5a 1544

Isaac Frederick G Rowe Bridport 5a 1544

Is this the area where they lived/born?

Regards

Sue

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 21 Apr 2010 19:29

For info
Marriages Sep 1939 (>99%)
Isaac Frederick G Rowe Bridport 5a 1544
Rowe Doris E Isaac Bridport 5a 1544

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 21 Apr 2010 19:29

Snap

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 21 Apr 2010 19:39

The only death i could see that came close was this one, but i wouldnt like to sat it is the correct one.

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005
about Doris Evelyn Isaacs
Name: Doris Evelyn Isaacs
Birth Date: 6 Oct 1923
Death Registration Month/Year: May 2001
Age at death (estimated): 77
Registration district: Southampton
Inferred County: Hampshire
Register number: C65A
District and Subdistrict: 5001C
Entry number: 186

George

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 21 Apr 2010 19:44

I saw that death too but the info to hand is too limiting - my gut feel is its a no but you never know

I saw these briths - again not knowing where she was from its difficult

Births Dec 1901 (>99%)
ROWE Doris Evelyn D Kensington 1a 168

Births Sep 1903 (>99%)
Rowe Doris Evelyn M Lambeth 1d 506

Births Sep 1908 (>99%)
Rowe Doris Evelyn Bury St. E. 4a 953

Genda

Genda Report 22 Apr 2010 09:53

thank you this is the correct person We have the marriage certificate, The deathe cert for Doris Evelyn Isaac could be the correct one, as we do not have her birth certificate, and her age was assummed from the birth certificate of her out of wedlock daughter. If there is any other information or a birth certificate for this Doris(who wasRowe) I would be very grateful.

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 22 Apr 2010 11:18

If you decided to get the certificate, here are the details
you'll need the reference details and then order via gro
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Remember when deaths, for this period, are registered evidence of the date of birth is not required - its only as good at the person supplying it; so it could be out by any number of years.

You say you have her marriage cert - what age was given?

Do you have any idea of where she was from?

You mention an out of wedlock daughter - when & where was she born?

MB

Flick

Flick Report 22 Apr 2010 11:22

Before you do too much searching, check the OTHER thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1217471

Genda

Genda Report 22 Apr 2010 12:28

I will come back to you when I have more details. I do know where my friend Nancy(her out of wedlock daughter) was born as it is on her birth certificate, but i do not have it on me. Thank you for searching for me

Flick

Flick Report 22 Apr 2010 13:02

Copying Genda's OTHER thread about this person

Genda 19th April 2010 16:13 Request review
Fredrick Isaac married Doris Evelyn Rowe in 1939 at Dorset. he died in 1999. Also any link to the family of Doris Rowe who is thought to be from the London area

Add

Flick 19th April 2010 16:23 Request review
Buy the marriage cert - find out the names of both fathers - also Doris's age at the time

Edit | Delete | Add

Flick 19th April 2010 16:25 Request review
Is this Frederick?

Name: Frederick George Isaac
Birth Date: 13 Oct 1914
Death Registration Month/Year: Aug 1999
Age at death (estimated): 84
Registration district: East Dorset
Inferred County: Dorset
Register number: A5
District and Subdistrict: 4261A
Entry number: 248

Did Doris also have a second name which you haven't mentioned?

Edit | Delete | Add

Flick 19th April 2010 16:27 Request review
????????????

Name: Frederick G Isaac
Spouse Surname: Rowe
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1939
Registration district: Bridport
Registration county (inferred): Dorset
Volume Number: 5a
Page Number: 1544
Find Spouse: DORIS E ROWE

Edit | Delete | Add

Michael 19th April 2010 16:29 Request review
Do you mean this wedding ?

Isaac not Issac
Rowe not Pearce ???

Marriages Sep 1939 ------------------------------------------------

Isaac Frederick G - Rowe Bridport 5a 1544
Rowe Doris E - Isaac Bridport 5a 1544

Add

Michael 19th April 2010 17:24 Request review
It would be handy to know what the E stands for in Doris' name.

Perhaps she was born Pearce and then her mother married Mr Rowe and so that was the name Doris grew up with.

Add

Flick 19th April 2010 17:33 Request review
It would be good to know if ANY of the info found is relevant.

Edit | Delete | Add

Flick 20th April 2010 16:34 Request review
n

Edit | Delete | Add

Genda Yesterday at 09:43 Request review
Thanks for the information I got the name wrong. The fredrick Isaac you found is the correct one, but Doris Pearce was Doris Evelyn Rowe.born 1920C I am looking for her family who i think orriginated in London area. Sorry i didnt respond quickly, I am new at this.

Add

Flick Yesterday at 09:49 Request review
OK - the advice is still the same - buy the marriage cert

You will then find out her declared age - plus her father's details.

That will enable you to look for her birth and the marriage of her parents

Please now delete your other thread, to comply with GR rules of one post per topic. Thank you

Edit | Delete | Add

Genda Yesterday at 17:50 Request review
We have the marriage cert. doris's fathers name is Edwin Alfred Rowe down as a pensioner. Fredrick's father is Ernest Isaac Labourer. the adress given is 2 Sunnyside bridport Dorset. Married23rd Sept 1939. my friend is the illigitamate daughter of Doris. She was born in October 1938 father unknown. our connection was the address, as on my friends birth cert, the address is given as Sunnyside, even though she was born in a london nursing home. She wishes to find any family link but cannot seem to get any further.Any help please.

Add

Flick Yesterday at 22:08 Request review
Can you confirm Doris's age when she married - just as a double-check

Edit | Delete | Add

Genda Today at 09:51 Request review
Doris was born in 1920 . the date of her marriage was 23rd september 1939 making her 19 or 20.

Add

Flick Today at 09:57 Request review
That wasn't what I had in mind - I was asking for her age when she married

Suggest you now look at freebmd, and try to find her birth

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

Edit | Delete | Add

Genda Today at 10:14 Request review
I have just had someone who has come up with a death certificate for a Doris Evelyn Isaac and the date of birth is now 6th October 1923 (if this is the right person) That would make her only 15 when she married. I am trying to find her correct date of birth

Add
Flick Today at 11:27 Request review
You still haven't answered the question about the woman's age on her marriage cert, so I'm unable to help you further.

Edit | Delete | Add

Genda Today at 12:23 Request review
Thank you for your help so far. I will ask my friend to show me the marriage certificate so I can see for myself. I will try again when I have more details.

Add

Genda

Genda Report 22 Apr 2010 16:58

here are the facts that we have. Doris Evelyn Rowe gave birth to a girl (nancy) on 28th October 1938 ata nursing home in Hackney Birth reg 17th november 1938 The address given was Sunnyside Bradpole father unknown. Nancy was adopted. The only other fact we have is that Doris Evelyn Rowe 19 married Fredrick George Isaac 22 at Bradpole Dorset on Sept 23rd 1939. his profession was given as Royal Navy The address was Sunnyside Bradpole linking the two.Those are the only facts we have. Any help would be appreciated

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 22 Apr 2010 17:32

I would expect that you have already been given the following info.....but just in case not, I'm adding it here:

Births:

Doris E Rowe mmn Budd Q2 1920 St Olave 1d 440

Doris E Rowe mmn Pearce Q3 1920 Yeovill 5c 663

Have you bought either of these birth certs to eliminate them?

Mary

Genda

Genda Report 22 Apr 2010 19:10

Yes we have both these and eliminated them, also doris Evelyn 1919 kidderminster and Doris E 1919 Waltham West so far no joy.

Genda

Genda Report 24 Apr 2010 18:29

We have purchased 4 birth certificates in total so far with no names or addresses as on her daughters birth cert or the marriage cert. On the marriage cert it says her father is a labourer, It is father that is retired, but it does not say deceaced. The marriage cert is signed Edward Alfred by him., and also a A G Rowe has sighned as a witness.

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 24 Apr 2010 18:38

Hi Genda

Can you just clarify please? In an earlier post you said Doris's father was Edwin Alfred - pensioner on her marriage cert.

Is he Edward Alfred?? - pensioner or labourer???

Mary

Genda

Genda Report 24 Apr 2010 18:47

Sorry The marriage cert says her father is Edwin Alfred a labourer, but his signature at the bottom says Edward Alfred Rowe. The pensioner is Fredrick George Isaac's father. The ages given on the cert are 22yrs for Fredrick and 19 years for Doris

Genda

Genda Report 24 Apr 2010 19:12

The profession given for Fredrick Isaac on the marriage cert is Royal Navy Is there any way we could find out more about them through the navy? do they give details ?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Apr 2010 19:23

The 1920 Yeovil birth for Doris is looking the most likely.

Doris E Rowe.
1920 reg details, Sept Volume -5c------Page 663.Yeovil,,,,,,,,,,,,boarders with Dorset.

maiden name of mother -Pearce,,,,,so you need to find the parents a marriage between Pearce and Rowe....

Genda

Genda Report 24 Apr 2010 19:36

Thank you for the information. I thought we had sent for that birth certificate, but it is not in the information my friend left me. She is away at the moment, so when she is back, I will ask her for it. Meanwhile I will follow the Pearce trail. I am sure I have done this before, hence the mistake at the beginning saying her name was Pearce.