Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOT MATCHES - GR have sorted it!!!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Jun 2011 22:08

Just discovered I have pages of hot matches, some as high as ten yet I am unable to view any of them!!! no good asking GR for help because they have failed to respond to any of my previous requests for help

Anyone else encoutered this problem with hot matches - I have never had so many in one go - about five pages and as I say, lots of 10s, 8's and 6's!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Jun 2011 22:18

just had another go - no luck

In fact there are ten new pages of hot matches - one has 14 matches with me apparently! never had so many!!

Patrick

Patrick Report 16 Jun 2011 22:21

Hi ann, just had a quick look at my hot matches. I was able to view them but I seem to have also gained lots of extra pages of new matches!!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 16 Jun 2011 22:21

Just looked and nothing exciting in mine!!

Don't build your hopes up!! lol :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Jun 2011 22:25

well fourteen is quite interesting!! just wish I could view them!!

Joy

Joy Report 16 Jun 2011 22:35

I have just posted in the hot matches thread in the suggestions board - I have new ones that I would like to view; when I clicked on view, nothing happened. :-(

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 16 Jun 2011 22:38

Wow! Just checked mine. One with 108 matches!, but I'm in touch with the contact.

However there is one with 24 which is new, but when I check only 3 matches appear. Weird.

I haven't checked my hot matches for ages as I don't get the email reminders any more.

Ozi

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Jun 2011 22:47

not just me then Joy!!!

Joy

Joy Report 16 Jun 2011 22:50

No, not just you, though I am starting to feel paranoid :-(

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 16 Jun 2011 23:05

I think that my Hot Matches are sulking!
I haven't checked them this month, or I hadn't till just now.

Have been sent around eight new pages. However they don't have NEW next to them.
As you say Ann, some are for multiple matches. I click to View and nothing happens!

Maybe they will stop sulking and come out to play tomorrow!

Tess

Persephone

Persephone Report 17 Jun 2011 03:57

I have 15 pages of hot matches so I clicked on one that I have not been in contact with and nothing came up but I read the blurb they have on the green background and it said:

"39 of your Hot Matches is not appearing because of recent changes to relation details either in your tree or David's tree. If you still wish to see these Hot Matches click here"

So I clicked there and they all came up... and no I haven't made 39 changes and I don't think he has either... we have 39 matches.

So maybe you have a blurb to read Ann, Joy and that gorgeous little Ozibird.

Persie

moonbi

moonbi Report 17 Jun 2011 04:04

I also have 15 pages of hot matches.
and only able to access the ones I have previously viewed.
15th June 1pm Australian eastern standard time

Colleen

Colleen Report 17 Jun 2011 04:37

GGrrr...me too..how frustrating

its 17th June 1pm here and still no views

Colleen (Australia)

but then again going by past hot matches we could be stressing over nothing

Blue1

Blue1 Report 17 Jun 2011 08:56

Since uploading a Ged file from ancestry a few months ago
My Hot matches have been rubbish.The highest match I have now is 3

Some of my cousins are members on here and I know all of either my maternal or paternal side must match their tree's

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 17 Jun 2011 20:40

Just looked at my Hot Matches. I prevously had 4 pages and now it there are 15 pages!
Many of them that I've never seen before, have as many as 8 or 9 names that match my family tree..yet when I click on any of them I can't see what the matches are and it sends me pack to page 2.

GR Gremlins at work I think!

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 17 Jun 2011 22:43

I'm still having the Hot match problem. boo-hoo-hoo

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Jun 2011 22:52

no problem re-opening the ones I've already viewed, but no joy with the ten pages of new ones!!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Jun 2011 17:36

:-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

David

David Report 18 Jun 2011 17:45

hi,
i had 35 pages of hot matches and now i have only 15.seem to have lost 20 pages somewhere.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Jun 2011 19:18

seems there is hope on the horizon - this is from Sylann's thread on the same thing

Adeline Report as Abuse 18 Jun 2011 17:44
Email I received from GR re Hot Matches:

"Thank you for taking the time to report this problem.

Our technical team are aware of the specific problem that you reported and we will be implementing a solution as soon as is possible.

Your patience while we work to resolve this is much appreciated."