Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry - Free 3 Day Access To All Records,UK and

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 19 Jun 2007 12:27

See below No need to request look ups - search yourself for free.

Heather

Heather Report 19 Jun 2007 12:28

In case anyone hasnt seen my thread on tips. In an aimless moment this morning using my FTM program I clicked on one of the padlocked names in a search and woo hoo, ancestry offered me 3 days free trial - full access - UK/USA and everything else by the looks of my brief checking out. You need to go through the american site not the uk one. Come on all you people asking for look ups - you can do it yourself free today UK and US and lots of other stuff.

Heather

Heather Report 19 Jun 2007 13:03

Couldnt believe it Geoff - if only I had people marrying in the Netherlands in 1811 or on German ships or from austria or divorcing all over the US!!

Heather

Heather Report 19 Jun 2007 13:40

Perhaps new people dont realise, but this will give you access to all the census both UK and USA plus lots of other goodies! Just go to ancestry*com and enter a search in the US search box and you will be offered the freebie. (replace the asterisk in the address with a full stop) Such a great opportunity for people without ancestry sub to have the thrill of finding info for themselves.

Heather

Heather Report 19 Jun 2007 15:35

c

Krissie

Krissie Report 19 Jun 2007 16:39

Hi heather, looks good, but can you still get the freebie if you have previously had a free trial?

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 19 Jun 2007 17:34

Hi Krissie, I've had a free trial before and have now got another one. Christine

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 19 Jun 2007 18:46

It wont let me...Keeps saying hope you enjoyed your 3 days Marcelle

Heather

Heather Report 19 Jun 2007 19:16

Oh no - why dont you log out and then log in with a different name and email?

Ann

Ann Report 19 Jun 2007 19:21

Good Thinking Heather, I'll give it ago Ann

Heather

Heather Report 19 Jun 2007 23:44

c

Barry/Pam

Barry/Pam Report 20 Jun 2007 09:58

hi all...nudging for those who dont know ...Pam

Angie

Angie Report 20 Jun 2007 10:01

it says ive already had a free trial or similar offer it wont let me access

Angie

Angie Report 20 Jun 2007 10:26

thanks heather tried hubby's email got in

Heather

Heather Report 20 Jun 2007 19:34

People still asking for look ups when you can do your own!!!

Angela

Angela Report 20 Jun 2007 19:46

Thanks heather i got on last night and got loads, bit difficult tonight but going to give it another go many thanks angela

Jeanne

Jeanne Report 20 Jun 2007 21:34

I'm stuffed I don't have another login to use - any ideas Jeanne

Heather

Heather Report 20 Jun 2007 21:38

Just go on as guest?

Jeanne

Jeanne Report 20 Jun 2007 21:41

It knows my name the minute I log in to the site - I'm not sure what you mean by guest(i'm not all that good at this) Jeanne

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jun 2007 20:20

m