Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tipperary birthdate??

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanna

Joanna Report 6 Jun 2007 22:49

Can someone please help me try and find my gggrandad's birthdate All I know is that he is from Tipperary and was born c1860. He moved to Liverpool then but i can't find any information on him. I know he married an Elizabeth Duffy. Thanks for all your help. Jo

Georgina

Georgina Report 6 Jun 2007 23:57

Joanna do you want to give us his name? Georgina.

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 00:09

Sorry, got so excited over finding this site i forgot. His name is John Gavin.

Georgina

Georgina Report 7 Jun 2007 00:11

Joanna have you found him on any census? Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 7 Jun 2007 00:13

Joanna if you get his marriage certificate it will give you his fathers name & occupation... Marriages Jun 1885 (>99%) Doyle Margaret Liverpool 8b 319 Drysdale Mariquita Liverpool 8b 319 >>>Duffey Elizabeth Liverpool 8b 319 >>>Gavin John Liverpool 8b 319 Mackenzie John Munro Liverpool 8b 319 Georgina.

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 00:20

Hi Georgina, what does the 8b 319 mean. Sorry i'm no good at this!! Jo

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 00:23

No i can't find him but i'm not really any good at this. I know that he had a son named after him , John Gavin. He was born 24/02/1899. He married an Elizabeth Duffy but had died before his son's marriage.

Georgina

Georgina Report 7 Jun 2007 00:25

Joanna the 8b is the volume (book) number that the marriage is recorded in and the 319 is the page in the book that the marriage is on, they are known as the GRO reference numbers. If you go to this website you can order the certificate online for £7 if you tick the box which asks do you have the full GRO reference number, it sounds complicated but when you have done it once it is easy. http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/ Georgina.

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 00:27

Thanks so much georgina.

Sue from Perth Oz

Sue from Perth Oz Report 7 Jun 2007 00:30

Hi Wonder if this is his wife remarried 1901 Name: John Gavin Age: 2 Estimated birth year: abt 1899 Relation: Stepson Mother's name: Elizabeth Gender: Male Where born: Liverpool, Lancashire, England Civil parish: Liverpool Ecclesiastical parish: St James the Less County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Liverpool Sub-registration district: St Martin ED, institution, or vessel: 11 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 632 Household Members: Name Age Catherine Gavin 9 Elizabeth Gavin 3 John Gavin 2 step son Margaret Gavin 7 Maria Gavin 6 Elizabeth Wriell 32 Patrick Wriell 24 marr reg Record Name Year of Registration Quarter of Registration Spouse's Surname DISTRICT County View Image View Record Thomas Joseph Fitzgerald 1900 Jul-Aug-Sep Liverpool (1837-1924) Lancashire View Record >>> Elizabeth Gavin 1900 Jul-Aug-Sep Liverpool (1837-1924) Lancashire View Record Elizabeth McGowan 1900 Jul-Aug-Sep Liverpool (1837-1924) Lancashire View Record >>> Patrick Uriell 1900 Jul-Aug-Sep Liverpool (1837-1924) Lancashire

Georgina

Georgina Report 7 Jun 2007 00:32

Joanna if you have not got his marriage certificate & you have not found him on the census's can I just ask how you know he was born in 1860 in Ireland? Georgina.

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 00:37

Hi Sue, i think your on the right track. The brothers and sisters are right. My nan just said it's a Patrick Uriell she remarried. Can you tell me anything else....sorry i'm really excited. Jo x

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 00:40

Thanks Georgina. She didn't have a clue when he died. I don't suppose it say's where he buried? Jo

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 00:41

Hi Georgina, it's my nan's grandad. She remembers a bit and just wants to find her roots. All she knows from stories passed down is that her grandad was a blacksmith in Ireland (tipperary) and saw a business opputunity in Liverpool Docks so moved over. But she doesn't know what happened to him at all.

Georgina

Georgina Report 7 Jun 2007 00:45

If that is Elizabeth's second marriage in 1900 I wonder if this is John's death? Deaths Jun 1898 (>99%) Gavin John 43 Liverpool 8b 102 That would make him born about 1855. Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 7 Jun 2007 00:54

No sorry that is just a death reference. If that is your Elizabeth on the 1901 census above she is only 32 which means when she married John Gavin in 1885 she would have only been 16? Not impossible but I think you need the marriage certificate to confirm their ages. I will just see if there is another Gavin/Duffy marriage. Georgina.

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 00:58

Thanks Georgina

Georgina

Georgina Report 7 Jun 2007 00:59

I cant see another Gavin/Duffy marriage. Georgina.

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 01:00

Confused now??? He was born in Ireland but that seems a bit spooky!! He couldn't deny living in Ireland with the accent!!

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 01:03

You must of had the right one 1st time then. Thank you so much. Now i know a bit more (a lot more!!) i might be able to find his grave. That's all my nan wants and to find where he lived in Ireland so she can go and visit. Thanks again Jo + nan xx