Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Death Records either in Manchester

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val :~)   from West Wirral

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 16:31

Can anyone help me please!! I am trying to find my Grandfathers death records I need to find a death certificate!! He was Frederick Henry George born in Islington Middlesex, about 1874, his parents were Byron and Heloise. He lived in Manchester after WW1 with his wife Lilian and he died either in Manchester or London in 1927 I would be grateful for any help please!!!! many thanks val

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Dec 2006 16:35

Register (free) with Ancestry.......all bmd's are on there........ Reg

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 17:14

Hi Reggie I have tried looking for him on Ancestry, but cannot find him, its as if he never existed!!! Maybe I'm missing something!! many thanks Val:~)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Dec 2006 17:15

Val Pardon my asking, but have you looked at the full records? Viewing images for every quarter.......... Reg

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 17:19

yes Reg I have been through all with his name on!! Maybe I am doing something wrong!! thanks for any help tho' Val:~)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Dec 2006 17:23

According to 1881 and 1891 censuses, his second initial was 'W'.........or have I got the wrong family? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Dec 2006 17:23

Is 1927 definitely the year of his death? Have you any paperwork to confirm that? Reg

Peter

Peter Report 29 Dec 2006 17:24

Hi Val The only thing that looked anything like right was a Frederick H. George registered in Jan-Mar 1928 West Ham 4a 215. His age is given as 45 so doesn't match with your stated DOB. Looking at Reg's message it does look like the family had a Frederick W George and this would tie up with the FreeBMD entry for Frederick Walter George born Jun 1873 Islington 1b 361 Regards Peter

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 17:34

Hi again Reg Yes his initial is a W on the census but i believe this to be a misprint!! (I hope!!) The man I'm looking for also was a draughtsman!! We only know from the details Dad was given, Dad was born in 1927 and his father was killed some time also in the same year!!! I do worry about these details with not being able to find anything!! many thanks Val:~)

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 17:36

Hi Peter I sent for that certifcate but sadly was wrong man!!! Thanks for looking for me !! many thanks Val:~)

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 17:39

Hi Jan many thanks for the information, will look this evening (If I can get access this time of night) Have to go down and sort out dinner have hungry mouths to feed now (hehe) again... thank you all for any help Val:~)

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 17:41

I had hoped maybe....I was missing something and a fresh pair of eyes may be needed!! I can still hope and keep all my fingers and toes crossed someone will see something I've missed A great big thank you to all helping me regards to all Val:~)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Dec 2006 17:43

Have you got either your dad's birth cert or his parents' marriage cert? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Dec 2006 17:51

I've looked at 1901 image........my reading of it is that the transcription of the second initial as 'H' is incorrect........I think it's a 'W'. Would anyone care to check, please.......... Reg

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 29 Dec 2006 19:19

Val I would extend your search, both geographically and by year. Not being rude about your family, but he would not be the first man to be declared dead by his family, after abandoning them. It was much easier to tell children (and the neighbours) that someone had died, rather than tell them he had run off with a barmaid. The other possibility is that he died neither in Manchester, nor London, but somewhere else. OC

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 23:37

Hi again Reg maybe you're right and I have been going down wrong avenue!! The Frederick Henry George I am looking for was a draughtsman. We had initially been given his year of birth as 1881 in Australia, came over with Anzacs after WW! to continue occupation as a draughtsman. No -one could find him in Oz !!! but we all came across this man working for N.Telp Co. as a draughtsman!! but born in 1874 and went back through years on census, he was of same family but was FW George!! so had been hoping this was the man!!!with a misprint on initial!! 1901 FHG Packington Street 1891 FWG Dean Street 1881 FWG Dean Street all in Islington Middlesex dont have a wedding certificate for him and Lilian Watt (my Gran) havent been able to find that either!! Frederick H George is on birth cert for Dads sister 2 years earlier but nothing on dads!! which is reason I have so desperately been trying to find something out for Dad. I will be very grateful to you for any help regards Val:~)

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 29 Dec 2006 23:43

yes OC there seems to be a lot of intrigue as you will see so i wouldnt put it past the family!! I am just hoping to find him dead or alive at that time.. Unfortunately we cant get access to census until 2012 to see where he was in 1911!! Yes I have looked in other parts of world and years ..but nothing!! until I came up with this FH George!! regards Val:~)

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 29 Dec 2006 23:50

Val Are you saying there is no father's name on your father's birth certificate? (Sorry if I have misunderstood) OC

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 30 Dec 2006 00:57

Hi OC yes that is right!! it has been left blank!!! lol Val:~)

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 30 Dec 2006 01:04

Val Sorry if you don't already know this, but the ONLY reason for leaving father's name off a BC is because the parents werent married to each other. His birth therefore, is probably registered in another name - possibly his mother's maiden name. And possibly, he used her name throughout his life - and died in that name, too. As he has three names, I would try searching for his death using his second name as a surname, if you see what I mean (and his birth also). Do you know his mother's maiden name/previous married name? OC