Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage lookup please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 24 Aug 2006 10:56

could any help for the marriage of william tyler,occ beadle the only thing i know he was dead in 1892 thank you,joyce ps on his daughters marriage cert its london sorry cant be of more help

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 24 Aug 2006 11:04

what year was the oldest child born its easier to work around that date do you know christian name of wife as quite a few William Tyler's I presume from London Jeanette

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Aug 2006 11:05

From the marriage certificate, what was his daughter's name and age (this wil help to know about how old William might be). Does it give an address in London? If you are assuming he is dead in 1892 because it says 'deceased' on the marriage certificate, this isn't always the case. Sometimes the father is described as deceased if the person getting married doesn't have their parent's consent. Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Aug 2006 11:11

When did the daughter marry? And how old was she? What was her full name? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Aug 2006 11:18

This is on 1881..........it's free Joyce. And you can search by occupation. Name: William Tyler Age: 40 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1841 Relation: Head Spouses's Name: Annie Gender: Male Where Born: Slawston, Leicestershire, England Civil parish: St Mary Islington County/Island: London Country: England Street address: 2 Kinloch St Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Beadle (Church Officer) Registration district: Islington Sub registration district: Islington East ED, institution, or vessel: 38b Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Annie Tyler 33................. Born in Chatham, Kent Charles Tyler Elizabeth Tyler 7 Ellen Tyler 13 Frederick Tyler 3 John Tyler 10 William Tyler 40 William Tyler 5 Is one of the daughters the one whose marriage cert you have? Reg

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Aug 2006 11:31

It looks like Annie was William's second wife, as he is in the 1871 census with Phoebe as his wife, although he is an agricultural labourer. Only one born Slawston:- Name: William Tyler Age: 29 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1842 Relation: Head Spouses's Name: Phoebe Gender: Male Where born: Slawston, Leicestershire, England Civil Parish: Hallaton Town: Hallaton County/Island: Leicestershire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Uppingham Sub-registration district: Great Easton ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 120a Household Members: Name Age John Tyler 1 Mary Tyler 4 Phoebe Tyler 30 William Tyler 29 Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 3304; Folio: 14; Page: 21 Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Aug 2006 11:35

The same William in 1861:- Name: William Tyler Age: 19 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1842 Relation: Son Father's name: William Mother's name: Ann Gender: Male Where born: Medbourne, Leicestershire, England Civil parish: Slawston County/Island: Leicestershire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: Uppingham Sub-registration district: Great Easton ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 2 Household Members: Name Age Ann Tyler 46 Edward Tyler 14 Elizabeth Tyler 12 Henry Tyler 1 Joseph Tyler 16 William Tyler 51 William Tyler 19 Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2309; Folio: 72; Page: 1

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Aug 2006 11:37

It would seem the first marriage to Phoebe is between 1861 and 1871, and the second marriage to Annie, between 1871 and 1881. But we need to know if we have got the right family before searching for marriages. Kath. x

Kate

Kate Report 24 Aug 2006 11:43

Joyce, first you should get a copy of the daughter's birth certificate. That will give you her mother's name, including maiden name. Then you can be sure to find the right marriage for her parents. Kate.

dutch

dutch Report 24 Aug 2006 12:36

the daughter was helen tyler age 23,married in 1892 to malcolm bonner morgan ,age 21 there address was 7 risinghill street does this help

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Aug 2006 12:56

SORRY - Ignore the William Tyler with wife Phoebe. I thought this was the same William that Reg found in 1881 but there are two William Tyler's born in Slawston within a year of each other. I'd say that William Tyler with wife Annie will be your family and daughter Ellen on the census will probably be your Helen on marriage certificate. You will need to look for Ellen/Helen's birth certificate to be sure. Kath. x

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 24 Aug 2006 13:04

1901 could this be her married she is down as coming from Manchester can't seem to match her up before marriage Helen Morgan Age: 33 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1868 Relation: Wife Spouses's Name: Malcolm Gender: Female Where born: Manchester Civil parish: Islington Ecclesiastical parish: St Barnabas County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Islington Sub-registration district: Highbury ED, institution, or vessel: 26 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 310 Household Members: Name Age Maud D Este 20 servant Bertie Morgan 4 Helen Morgan 33 Kenneth Morgan 7 Malcolm Morgan 29 Bertie Morgan abt 1897 Barnet, Hertfordshire, England Son Islington London View Record Helen Morgan abt 1868 Manchester Wife Islington London View Record Kenneth Morgan abt 1894 Barnet, Hertfordshire, England Son Islington London View Record Malcolm Morgan abt 1872 Islington, London, England Head Islington London

dutch

dutch Report 24 Aug 2006 13:13

hi jeanette thats my grandmother and grandad so she must have come from manchester do you think,bertie is my dad joyce

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 24 Aug 2006 13:26

could this be his birth? Herbert John Morgan Year of Registration: 1897 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Luton County: Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire Volume: 3b Page: 450 (click to see others on page) or Herbert Morgan Year of Registration: 1897 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Royston County: Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire Volume: 3a Page: 537 (click to see others on page)

dutch

dutch Report 24 Aug 2006 13:47

hi jeanette i have the birth of my dad and all the rest of the family its only helen i have,nt got or her dads marriage,thank you joyce

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Aug 2006 16:11

Joyce Could you please say if the family I posted for 1881 is the one you want................. Ellen was born in Manchester.........but you will know that if you've checked the 1881 yourself. If not, I'll delete it It really would help if you would answer the questions............. Reg

dutch

dutch Report 24 Aug 2006 16:27

sorry Reg i get so muddle up know the, 1881 isnt the one,as the 1901 is my family have had alook on ancestry but could.nt find helen thank you for letting me no regards joyce

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Aug 2006 16:33

So if I delete the info about the only William Tyler whose occupation was Beadle, you will be quite happy, will you? Even though his daughter Ellen is the right age and was born in the right place................... Have you taken the time to look at the 1881 on the LDS site? I suspect not.............. Reg

dutch

dutch Report 24 Aug 2006 16:40

please excuse me know leave that on i must have looked at wrong one,did look on ,thank you for your help im going to print it so i dont ask the same question,thans Reg for your help joyce

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Aug 2006 16:44

OK.....glad to leave it. Hope it proves to be helpful Reg