Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Really Really need help with this please please Ca

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:16

Hi all really need your help. i am trying to get any information back from the below people. Some of you know my nan never knew her parents or family and i have devoted the past year on finding as much as i can compiling it in a book for her i have been working towards her birthday to get it done or as much done as poss and i have found so much it will take her breath away but guess what my deadline is tomorrow it is her birthday and we are going to see her. I really am hoping for some help on this as you are all fantastic at finding things and everything it means so much for your help. Ok her goes the details:- trying to trace back from James pickett Born 1864 st George Southwark. I have his birth cert and it states his parents are James Pickett app 1841c and Ann formerly Taylor app 1844c. Now i cannot find parents marriage nor sibling info etc I kow of everything since james pickett 1864 like his wives children etc just not before. Would love to find his parents marriage their births, deaths siblings just anything really. Cannot locate correct birth for father without marriage as there are many james picketts. Help please please please xx

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 23 Aug 2006 09:19

too jumbled!! C&P for clarity Hi all really need your help. i am trying to get any information back from the below people. Some of you know my nan never knew her parents or family and i have devoted the past year on finding as much as i can compiling it in a book for her i have been working towards her birthday to get it done or as much done as poss and i have found so much it will take her breath away but guess what my deadline is tomorrow it is her birthday and we are going to see her. I really am hoping for some help on this as you are all fantastic at finding things and everything it means so much for your help. Ok her goes the details:- trying to trace back from James pickett Born 1864 st George Southwark. I have his birth cert and it states his parents are James Pickett app 1841c and Ann formerly Taylor app 1844c. Now i cannot find parents marriage nor sibling info etc I kow of everything since james pickett 1864 like his wives children etc just not before. Would love to find his parents marriage their births, deaths siblings just anything really. Cannot locate correct birth for father without marriage as there are many james picketts.

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 23 Aug 2006 09:20

have you got the right man on 1871 census please if so, post the details

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:23

No i dont think i have i wasnt able to find him thats why i cannot work back i only have his birth cert and his marriages and death but nothing for his parents.

Janice

Janice Report 23 Aug 2006 09:25

What was the fathers occupation on the birth certificate & does it give an address for place of birth or informant?

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:27

fathers occ General Hawker born 9 upper green street informant mother marks with X.

Elaine

Elaine Report 23 Aug 2006 09:43

have a look at this 1871 image James Pickett abt 1848 Lambeth Head St George the Martyr Southwark London James Pickett abt 1870 Lambeth Son St George the Martyr Southwark London Thomas Pickett abt 1853 Lambeth Son St George the Martyr Southwark London Ann Pickett abt 1841 Southwark Wife St George the Martyr Southwark London James occupation woodcutter the age for James on the image is given as 5 and for Thomas 18 months (the word months is written in between the ages of these two children) When it has been transcribed James´age has been calculated as 5 months, and Thomas as 18 years.

Janice

Janice Report 23 Aug 2006 09:44

Found this although the names tally the fathers occupation is different 1891 census Address: 24, Pocock Street, St George The Martyr Southwark PICKETT, James Head Married M 54 Woodcutter Lambeth London PICKETT, Ann Wife Married F 48 Lambeth London PICKETT, Harry Son Single M 20 Woodcutter Southwark London PICKETT, William Son Single M 18 Printer Southwark London PICKETT, John Son Single M 16 Woodcutter Southwark London PICKETT, Annie Daughter F 14 Scholar Southwark London PICKETT, Martha Daughter F 8 Scholar Southwark London PICKETT, Emma Daughter F 5 Scholar Southwark London PICKETT, Grace Daughter F 3 Southwark London If this is your James & Ann then this is James with his parents in 1861 Census Address: 39, Gun Street, St George The Martyr, Southwark PICKETT, James Head Married M 48 Fire Wood Cutter Greenwich Kent PICKETT, Sarah Wife Married F 43 Fire Wood Cutter St Saviour Surrey ** PICKETT, James Son Unmarried M 24 Fire Wood Cutter Lambeth Surrey PICKETT, Mary Ann Daughter Unmarried F 17 Fire Wood Cutter Lambeth Surrey PICKETT, Jane Daughter F 15 Fire Wood Cutter Lambeth Surrey If this is your James then the marriage between him & Ann took place after the census in 1861

Elaine

Elaine Report 23 Aug 2006 09:44

sorry have got a wrong name on that 1871 - will go back in a mo and correct it - bit confusing as there are 2 Pickett families on same page - now corrected

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:45

looks like could be do you think im never sure really like i said above thats all i know not much help am i

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:47

well on james 1864 marriage to his first wife annie banks his occ is a wheelright not sure if this helps

Elaine

Elaine Report 23 Aug 2006 09:48

The 1871 census that I found - address is 44 Gun Street. Another Pickett family - James and Sarah - living at 39 Gun Street (same as Jess´s 1861 census)

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:49

i just really dont know what do you think really stuck!!

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:55

in the 1861 says wife sarah do you think he married twice then? it is possible although james 1864 mum was ann so he wouldnt off been on 1861 as he was born 1864

Elaine

Elaine Report 23 Aug 2006 09:55

just a thought - but are you sure birth certificate gives address as upper green street - and not upper gun street ?

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:57

i am getting all confussed i dont know ahhh help x

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 09:58

def says 9 upper green street theres no mistaking it its writen in born box and informant box could been an error i suppose?

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 10:05

any more ideas anyone? anyone had any luck with marriage ann taylor james pickett?

Janice

Janice Report 23 Aug 2006 10:08

If the family in 1891 are your James parents then the James & Sarah in the 1861 census would be your James (born 1864) grandparents

G83

G83 Report 23 Aug 2006 10:09

i see ok i still cannot find a marriage for james pickett and ann taylor at all?