Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

helpppppppppp

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gloria

Gloria Report 15 Apr 2006 19:47

months of research just found out i have been looking up the wrong Edward cox? So now i need help please anybody. looking for edward cox ,born 1865 sub district chew Magna reg district clutton.Mother mary ann cox formerly mary ann price. father Thomas cox from woolard publow. I have found a christening on the family search.org edward cox father thomas and mother mary. i can find them on the 1901 and the 1891 cencus then he was living in wales. at the time of edwards marriage his father thomas was living, 56, VIctoria Street Taunton. that was in 1887. please any help would like to find them on 1881census and 1871. thanks to you all .

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 15 Apr 2006 19:51

where abouts is clutton?? joanne

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 15 Apr 2006 19:54

Not quite sure what or who you are looking for? but could this be him? 1901 Alice Cox abt 1895 Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales Daughter Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan View Record Edward Cox abt 1865 Tawston, Somerset, England Head Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan View Record Elizabeth Cox abt 1897 Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales Daughter Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan View Record John Cox abt 1891 Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales Son Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan View Record Joseph T Cox abt 1888 Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales Son Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan View Record Margaret Cox abt 1866 Tregaron, Cardiganshire, Wales Wife Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan View Record Susanah Cox abt 1889 Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales Daughter Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan View Record Joseph Davies abt 1826 Nk, Denbighshire, Wales Boarder Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan View Record Thomas Davies abt 1862 Tregaron, Cardiganshire, Wales Boarder Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan Roy

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 15 Apr 2006 19:57

Or this one? 1901 Alice Maud Cox abt 1889 Trevethin, Monmouthshire, Wales Daughter Abersychan Monmouthshire View Record Edward James Cox abt 1891 Trevethin, Monmouthshire, Wales Son Abersychan Monmouthshire View Record Edward Jane Cox abt 1865 Somerset, England Head Abersychan Monmouthshire View Record Henry Charles Cox abt 1897 Trevethin, Monmouthshire, Wales Son Abersychan Monmouthshire View Record Lilian Mary Cox abt 1899 Trevethin, Monmouthshire, Wales Daughter Abersychan Monmouthshire View Record Mary Ann Cox abt 1866 Trevethin, Monmouthshire, Wales Wife Abersychan Monmouthshire were it says, Edward jane, (Its is Edward james on the image) Roy

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 15 Apr 2006 20:02

Found this on 1871 living with grandparents (same names as the ones you have for his parents??) and the grandparents unmarried daughter (his mother??) Name: Edward Cox Age: 6 Estimated birth year: abt 1865 Relation: Grandson Household: View other family members Gender: Male Where born: Publow, Somerset, England Civil Parish: Pensford County/Island: Somerset Country: England Source information: RG10/2469 Registration district: Clutton Sub-registration district: Chew Magna ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Folio: 23 Page: 1 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 10 GSU Number: 835191 the full household is: Edward Cox abt 1865 Publow, Somerset, England Grandson Pensford Somerset Janet Cox abt 1842 Pensford; Willand, Somerset, England Daughter Pensford Somerset Mary Cox abt 1811 Publow, Somerset, England Wife Pensford Somerset Thomas Cox abt 1815 Pensford, Somerset, England Head Pensford Somerset

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 15 Apr 2006 20:05

1881? Charles Cole abt 1849 Woollard, Somerset, England Head Pensford St Thomas Somerset George Edward Cole abt 1881 Pensford, Somerset, England Son Pensford St Thomas Somerset Marina Cole abt 1842 Pensford, Somerset, England Wife Pensford St Thomas Somerset Bertha Cox abt 1873 Pensford, Somerset, England wife's daughter Pensford St Thomas Somerset ***Edward Cox abt 1864 Woollard, Somerset, England Nephew Pensford St Thomas Somerset Mary Cox abt 1803 Pensford, Somerset, England Mother in Law Pensford St Thomas Somerset Rose

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 15 Apr 2006 20:07

Rosemary -that's the same one I've just found for 1881. Wonder where Gloria is? hello?? :) joanne

Gloria

Gloria Report 15 Apr 2006 20:22

hello all sorry thats not him. i have all the details of that edward but found out its the wrong one i sent for his marriage cert. and his father is down as thomas not his grandfather. there is a thomas and mary on the family search with a son edward i think thats them but i cant find them on the census.

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 15 Apr 2006 20:25

Gloria What is the occupation of Edward's father, Thomas, on the marriage cert? From the IGI did you find any other children born to Thomas and Mary that may help us with the search? thanks :) joanne

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 15 Apr 2006 20:29

Found this marriage on the IGI Thomas Cox Marriages: Spouse: Mary Ann Pike Marriage: 28 MAR 1864 Publow, Somerset, England Checked for other children on the IGI. Only Edward appears. Could Thomas and Mary have died before 1871? Have you found Thomas and Mary on the 1891 and 1901? Rose

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 15 Apr 2006 20:34

Hi Gloria I found the christening record on the IGI but it's not an extraction from Parish Record, it's a record submitted by member of LDS church so there is no batch to check other parish records. joanne

Gloria

Gloria Report 15 Apr 2006 20:37

hi all father thomas occupation agricultural labourer hope its spelt right. sorry for the delay had to pop my son down his girlfriends and me in my pjs good job i never got stopped.

Gloria

Gloria Report 15 Apr 2006 20:40

rosemary thanks for all the work but thomas wife was a price before she was married.

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 15 Apr 2006 20:42

Do you know what yrs his parents were born? or is this the info your trying to decipher?

Gloria

Gloria Report 15 Apr 2006 20:43

that could not have been my thomas and mary marriage. they had a son edward in 1865. i dont know if there's any other children. thomas lived 56 victoria street taunton in 1887. thats when his son edward got married.

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 15 Apr 2006 20:44

Do you have the marriage cert for edwards parents? I wouldn't rule out the edward with his grandfather unless you know the grandfather etc via a n MC or something

Gloria

Gloria Report 15 Apr 2006 20:46

that is all the info i have deborah. i have edwards birth cert and his marriage cert.

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 15 Apr 2006 20:50

so on 1881 edward's father should be alive (as he was alive in 1887 when edward got married). will have another look.......... joanne

Gloria

Gloria Report 15 Apr 2006 20:52

sorry no have no marriage cert for parents dont even know ages of parents all my info has come off edwards certs. i think i might have mislead you. the info on the 1901 census edward cox publow living ystradyfodwg with wife margaret and children is my ggrandfather. but the info after that off people on this boad is not him.

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 15 Apr 2006 20:58

The grandson edward cox........... I'm trying to go back on census details to see if I can see the grandfather with a son Thomas............ if you know what I mean lol