Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Northumberland lookups w/begin 30th Jan - NOW CLOS

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Is it a bird? is it a plane?

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 24 Jan 2006 16:59

Can do parish register lookups (anglican and non-conformist) for Northumberland & Newcastle and census returns ONLY! Results posted ON THIS BOARD! These are lookups for the week beginning 30th Jan, see below for more details.

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 24 Jan 2006 17:00

As it turns out it's relatively easy for me to book a machine (in fact I was the only one there tonight!) so I'm going to start doing regular lookups. However, because of the long list of lookups any lookups posted here won't be done until week beginning 30th Jan. When I feel I have too many lookup requests I will close this topic to new requests and post only results on it! Don't forget the results will be posted here!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jan 2006 17:03

You very kindly looked for a baptism for me, without any luck. I have a little more detail now.....can I trouble you to have another look? The parish should be Dudley......the name Martha Evans Coates. Born Nov 1906. Many thanks again for your generous offer........... Reg

Win

Win Report 24 Jan 2006 17:30

Is it possible to look for the parish records of St Bartholomews Tweedmouth. Trying to trace marriage of Thomas Mark and Helendar/Eleanor Carr She was born in Tweedmouth but as yet had no suuccess finding Thomas. Their first child was born 1776. Many thanks any help is much appreciated. Win Wallace

Debbie O

Debbie O Report 24 Jan 2006 17:58

Hi, could I possibly take up your kind offer ? I am looking for the birth of : Thomas Blanchett b1805 @ Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland. Son of another Thomas Blanchet(t).He may be @ All Saints ? Also the same Thomas c1805 is showing as being christened @ All Saints, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland (IGI). Very interested in his parents, Thomas & Ann ? Thankyou, Debbie.

Maggie

Maggie Report 24 Jan 2006 20:00

Thank you for your very kind offer. I am interested in any information in the marriage record of Michael Rickaby and Ann Thew who married on 6 September 1813 at St Bartholomews, Longbenton. Lyn

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 24 Jan 2006 20:09

Thankyou very much for your offer I am looking for any information on Janet Hope born 1893 and her parents David and Eleanor Hope St. John Northumberland Thank you Margaret

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 24 Jan 2006 21:46

Could you please see if you can find any info on these 2 marraiges . I am presuming that they married in Wallsend Cof E as the Smelt family were still there untill the late 1970's . Jessie Smelt married Thomas Cove 1917 May Smelt Married Patrick McAvoy 1915 . Many thanks Cath

Maid Marian of

Maid Marian of Report 24 Jan 2006 21:53

Could you please see if you can find the marriage of John Stebbens and Mary Smith in Newcastle I believe it was in 1803. I would like to know if they were local to Newcastle and who their parents were if that is possible. Thanks in anticipation. Regards Marian

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 24 Jan 2006 21:56

Maid Marian - Parents weren't listed before 1837 so I probably won't be able to help you with that. There are also quite a few parishes in Newcastle. Are you able to narrow it down at all?

Tc

Tc Report 24 Jan 2006 22:23

Hi ,Many thanks for your kind offer Please could you look in Gosforth Parish church baptism for details of Elizabeth Atkinson - born 1826 and William Atkinson born 1828, parents were Gowan and Ann Atkinson from Brunton Much appreciated Tom

Linda

Linda Report 25 Jan 2006 02:20

Hello Darth, Can you see if you can find any of the following please, Baptisms MARTIN James born abt 1831 newcastle upon tyne Hannah Jane abt 1833 newcastle upon tyne possibly a marriage of James Martin born abt 1795 Ford wife Ann born abt 1802 Alnwick I know they were residing in the Elswick area in 1861 Thanks linda

Win

Win Report 25 Jan 2006 08:43

Saw your post on general post. Just like to say how much your look ups are .appreciated. Also just to say I will be off line from tomorrow until 4th FEb. Win

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2006 11:16

Hello Darth I know Morpeth Records Office is closed for a year or so. Would you mind telling me which office you use to do your look-ups, so I can go myself. Thank you. Valerie

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 26 Jan 2006 08:08

Wiifred - Thank you :) It's good to know Valerie - The parish records are being kept at Morpeth library at the moment. Berwick Record Office is still open though! I know many people assume it isn't, but I can confirm it is open.

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jan 2006 09:09

Thanks for that, Darth. I'll take a visit sometime. Valerie

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 30 Jan 2006 19:57

If you don't see a response to your lookup request below, don't worry! I will be doing more lookups later this week. Reggie - Success at last! Unfortunately Dudley didn't exist as a parish until the 1960s, but the books pointed me in the right direction for an alternative parish. Killingworth Baptisms 7th January 1907 Martha Evans (Born 30/11/06), parents Thomas and Susannah Coates, residence = (Wortmoor?), father's occupation = miner and March 7th 1910 Joseph (born 7/1/1910?), parents Thomas and Susannah Coates, residence = (West/Moor?), father's occupation = /miner Snow Fairy - I found the marriage and this is all it says Longbenton Marriages Michael Rickaby and Ann Thew both of this parish were married in this church by Banns with consent of parents this 6th day of September 1813 by me (Anthy?) Allinson Curate. This marriage was solemnized between us Michael Rickaby x his mark Ann Thew In the presence of Martha (Gaskin?) x her mark, Thomas Rutter

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 30 Jan 2006 20:03

Cath Porter - I tried both of the Wallsend C of E churches that were around during the early 20th century, St. Peter's and St Luke's. I couldn't find any Smelt marriages between 1916 and 1919 (I even checked June 1914 to end of 1919 at St Luke's) but I found nothing. I did write down the 2nd lookup for Mary & Patrick wrong (got 1919 in my notes not 1915!) so will try St. Peter's again for 1914/1915. The one church from Wallsend they don't have the records for is the Roman Catholic one so perhaps they married there? Maid Marian - This is what the parish registers at All Saints Newcastle say about the marriage you were interested in John Stebbens and Mary Smith Both of this Chapelry were married in this chapel by Banns on this 27th day of July 1803 by me (Geo?) (Emerson?) Minister. This marriage was solemnised between us John Stebbens his x mark Mary Smith in the presence of us Jona ~ Scott, John (Westgarth?)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Jan 2006 20:04

Darth........... Thank you SO much.........that's really helpful, particularly the younger brother! Also confirms the West Moor connection, so 'two birds' etc. Thank you again. Reg

Maggie

Maggie Report 30 Jan 2006 21:14

Many thanks Darth for the information, it's very much appreciated Kind regards Lyn