Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help to find my andrews please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 00:24

i have THOMAS CHARLES ANDREWS born 1871, married LOUISA JANE SHENNAN,born 1880, marridge date was jan 1900, fathers name on marrdige cert was CHARLES ANDREWS,he is 26 in 1900 she is 21,both living 2 eastmoor place somers town,pancras, , i have thomas and louisa in 1901 , but cannot find anything previous to this,with thomas,not his parents can anyone help me here please,from family tales they lived mainly in st pancras area, camden and somers town but have tried all, and still doesnt fit right,

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Nov 2005 01:07

There is this birth for a Thomas Charles Andrews and I think this is him on the 1901 census... Births Mar 1874 ANDREWS Thomas Charles Marylebone 1a 514 Ellen Andrews abt 1838 Walton; Hill, Gloucestershire, England Wife Kensington London Thomas Charles Andrews abt 1874 Marylebone Son Kensington London Thomas Oscar Andrews abt 1846 Marylebone Head Kensington London Source information: RG13/23 Registration district: Kensington Sub-registration district: Kensington Town ED, institution, or vessel: 26 Folio: 10 Page: 11 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 103 Georgina.

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 01:14

thanks for them but dont want to upset you already, they both look promising but cant be, SORRY. have just checked my details again and they are both on 1901 census living 74 euston street,pancras hamstead road, she is down as louise andrews 21, he is thomas, now 30,they have maud, 2 and son thomas,7 also is charles shennon, 10 down as stepson but its louisa,s brother, do you two need any headache pills yet,?/ thanks for looking tho, any more offers more than welcome, info needed is to find thomas's parents, hopefully i have correct marridge cert for thomas charles andrews married to louisa shennon, i have a birth cert for him but not sure it is correct as fathers name is right, not sure of mothers name, so couldnt confirm it, if that makes sence, as his age keep changing and i cannot tie him into a family before his marridge,cannot find him with father,charles, andrews, my birth cert says mum was rose andrews formerly page, hope this explains more,

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 01:28

thats whats doing my head in, run out of headache pills now, cos i just cant get them to tie in, yes thats right refernce for them, sorry for this headache, please forget birth certas im sure this is wrong one now,he souldnt have been born in 1899,not possibly , im so sorry to make things worse here,looking at all other birth details now, still need him to have parents tho, if you still game,

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 01:37

yep yep yep, i found that one as well, hahah im not mad, but there isnt a birth that ties in with it?

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 01:44

ancestry.com, ukbmd, family relatives search, dont know of any others, do you?sorry got bit carried way in last message lol

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 01:49

father was a coal porter, same as son, thanks for this leslie

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 01:59

cant find them on 1891 or 1871. can you,? not sure where i can go now, as seems dead both ends as in birth cert, and census, hows your head doing there leslie? tried looking for edward, in 91,and its an any county search,only one i can see is born in ireland a wife dont think he fits either do you hahah

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 02:18

the names look right , as they follow into other generations just tryin to see if i got anything i can tie them to, ignore email you just got im going no where yet not when i got this lead lol,what you reckon to edmund being edward? hmmm, how bout may being mary?? ,am i really hoping here lol, ok think they have just been ruled out, THOMAS must be hiding in the cupboard again

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 02:30

lesley im off for few hours thanks for all your help tonight, much appreciated back for more hunting in few hours, thanks again,kim

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Nov 2005 08:19

Kim this is very confusing. Can you just confirm which of the census's that Lesley found for you are the correct family???? Georgina.

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 08:54

morning georgina, sorry im in and out of here this morning,the only one that is definatly correct so far is 1901 census Thomas Andrew abt 1871 St Pancras, London, England Head St Pancras London Louise Andrew abt 1880 St Pancras, London, England Wife St Pancras London Thomas Andrew abt 1894 St Pancras, London, England Son St Pancras London Maud Andrew abt 1899 St Pancras, London, England Daughter St Pancras London Charles Shannon abt 1891 St Pancras, London, England Stepson St Pancras London the others there is date and name confusion, like edward maybe edmund,maud is too old now in some of them, hope you still got normal head lesley,if you find anything georgina, let me know, i have constant supply of headache pills, thomas father is charles, both are coal porters, be back in a while happy thinking,

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Nov 2005 09:42

Kim on earlier census's the only Thomas Andrew/Andrews born in St Pancras around 1871 has a father named Thomas? How sure are you that it is your Thomas Andrew who married Louisa Shennon, why I ask is because if they didn't marry till 1900 on the 1901 census they have 2 children Thomas age 7 and Maud age 2, Thomas at least cannot belong to Louisa (she is only 21 in 1901) which means Thomas must have had a previous marriage. Have you got the marriage certificate for this Thomas & Louisa? If you have does it say what Thomas's father did for a living? This family is so confusing, If Thomas married in 1900 and he was 26 that would make his birth about 1874 not 1871, so he either lied on his marriage certificate or on the 1901 census. Georgina.

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 13:22

150% certain thomas and louisa are right,thats the hard bit the age thing georgina,his father was charles thomas,thomas was thomas charles,hence headache,both were coal porters and yes i have marridge cert can send you copy if you give me email then you can see what im going from,sorry for headache georgina,as i said i will be in and out of here all day but will be here later tonight again, sorry doing shifts at mo, thanks for help here,

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Nov 2005 14:38

Wounder if this could be young Maud from you 1901 family Births Mar 1899 Andrews Maud Louise J Pancras 1b 40 THOMAS? Births Mar 1894 Andrews Thomas Pancras 1b 111 Births Dec 1894 Andrews Thomas Pancras 1b 73 CHARLES? Births Jun 1891 Shennan Charles John Pancras 1b 54 There are others in other districts of the same names and ages but these are all freeBMD have in Pancras/St Pancras

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Nov 2005 14:51

might this be one of yours as well? Births Sep 1911 Andrews Leonard W Shennan Pancras 1b 20

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Nov 2005 19:01

Hi Kim, sorry I have been out myself all day. I think that Thomas's father must have called himself Thomas instead of Charles on the Census's, because then the dates add up. I think your best bet would be to find Thomas's birth and see if his mother is Frances? I have just found the marriage for Thomas Andrews & Frances Issitt, so unless Thomas's father dropped the Charles from his name it isnt him (damn) all the dates fit. Marriages Mar 1868 Andrews Thomas Pancras 1b 86 Issitt Frances Pancras 1b 86 Johnson Sarah Pancras 1b 86 Keegan William Pancras 1b 86 Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Nov 2005 21:39

Lesley on the 1891 census the family I found for Thomas born about 1871 St Pancras his parents were down as Thomas Andrews and Frances so that is the marriage I found. I thought maybe this Elder Thomas was Charles Thomas Andrews but as you see on the marriage reference it is just Thomas. Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Nov 2005 22:14

Lesley this is the info from the 1891 census I found.... Andrews, Ernest abt 1881 St Pancras, London, England St Pancras London Andrews, Frances abt 1848 St Pancras, London, England Wife St Pancras London Andrews, John abt 1871 St Pancras, London, England Son St Pancras London Andrews, Mary abt 1877 St Pancras, London, England St Pancras London Andrews, Thomas abt 1846 St Pancras, London, England Head St Pancras London Andrews, Thomas abt 1869 St Pancras, London, England Son St Pancras London Georgina.

kim

kim Report 10 Nov 2005 23:41

hi lesley,georgina, sorry just in now , couldnt wait to get here to see how confused this has got,how many boxes of headache tabs have you gone through, sorry laughing now,i was confused here before but after trying to read this thread now im more confused, will add to this in moment and tell you all i have on this family, and thanks guys for being so patient and for risking going mad lmao lesley i have thomas charles connected to louisa by marridge cert,, hmm i think thomas charles to rose is red herring.(sorry lead you a stray there )i was wrong dates do tie in in 1881, quite possible i am mixing 2 families, here but dont know how or which ones,the transcription of shennon to shannon in 1901 is wrong as you can see and it is my lot there,