Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Certificates - all I want for Christmas

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 20 Dec 2004 11:42

Anyone else still waiting - 3 weeks now.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2004 13:18

Heather Just got mine today - ordered about 3 weeks ago. The groom's sister had married the bride's brother in 1901 and this couple got it together 20 years later. He was 69 and she was 54 so I don't think it was a whirlwind romance! nell

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 20 Dec 2004 13:45

My last ones took 3 1/2 weeks to come and I received them last week. I guess at the moment there is Christmas Post to contend with too. Lorraine

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2004 14:37

Mine have now all arrived and they had a despatch date of 9th December. Lou

Heather

Heather Report 20 Dec 2004 14:50

I shall be hiding behind the curtains again when postie comes tomorrow.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2004 14:53

Forget hiding...I was waiting on the doorstep every day for a week. I'm sure the poor guy thought he was about to be mugged! Just about held myself back from throwing myself at him and kissing him when he handed me the GRO envelope! Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2004 15:27

Caroline I ordered one on Friday (which was the 17th) and my DD is 15th Jan! I know they'll be having a break for Xmas and New Year but almost CRIED when I saw the date. It's a London one too so no option of ordering direct from the register office! Lou

Amanda

Amanda Report 20 Dec 2004 15:36

I thought it was just me- I ordered three certificates that were supposed to be dispatched on teh 14th and i am still waiting. Keep trying to phone them just to check they have been sent out but engadged engadeged engadged. Thank god who do you think you are has finished and things might get back to normal.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 20 Dec 2004 17:19

3 weeks for me too, and I've not received any of them. Some people are getting then in dribs and drabs, nothing for me!! I don't know..... annoying people starting this wonderful hobby JUST because of a TV programme! ;-) Chloe

Amanda

Amanda Report 20 Dec 2004 19:55

I have been trying the phone number all day and its been engadged ,as i said earlier I have now got through to an answer phone message saying the phone number is out of order i think there must be a melt down occuring. Its such a pain without those certificates you cant move forward can you! Lets hope we all get them Christmas Eve then we can be really anti social and get on with our searching. Only joking i love christmas really!!

~Messy

~Messy Report 21 Dec 2004 08:59

I've noticed that some of you have mentioned despatch dates - I ordered my first certificate on 13 Dec. Should I have received a despatch date by now ? I know the Christmas post will delay things and I don't mind waiting for the certificate. But it would be good to know that the request was received OK.

Hazel

Hazel Report 21 Dec 2004 10:39

Hello All! I guess I've no hope at all - my despatch date is Dec. 20th and I live in Rome, so I have the Italian Post to contend with as well! Oh well - Happy Christmas anyway! Hazel

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Dec 2004 10:44

I ordered on the 5th should have been despatched 16th rang them she said they will be despatched the 21st may get them christmas Eve!!! Sandra

Star

Star Report 21 Dec 2004 10:47

Thank you for writing that i also had a despatch date of 16th Dec. Cherry

Heather

Heather Report 21 Dec 2004 13:21

Yes, we all had those but unfortunately they are about 2 weeks overdue already. By the way, hijacked postie again this morning but no A4 white envelope.

~Messy

~Messy Report 21 Dec 2004 16:01

Thanks,Caroline. I've heard nothing at all which is slightly worrying. Will have to wait and see if they bank the cheque I suppose ! Pauline - I printed off the form and sent it by post - didn't realise I could order on-line.

Amanda

Amanda Report 22 Dec 2004 13:48

Just thought id let you know i have received one of my three certificates today which had a dispatch date of the 14th . There was a note enclosed saying that due to an increased work volume the certificates would be sent out separately. Its spooky as the person whos certificate i received was born on todays date. Hope you all get your certificates soon as well as me getting my other two.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 22 Dec 2004 13:52

Hello! I ordered two certificates on 3rd December, and they had despatch dates of 15th Dec - I rang them yesterday and they said they were working on the requests with a 14th Dec despatch date, and might start working on the 15th today! My husband was starting to worry that the Postie might think I fancy him, the way I keep greeting him with a big smile, and then looking downtrodden when he walks away!!! Steph x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 22 Dec 2004 13:58

My record wait for certificates, which I sincerely hope does not get beaten, was 13 WEEKS. When the long despaired of certificates finally arrived, I had a bonus, in the best traditions of BOGOF, two extra certificates. I've often wondered whether other long suffering researchers were equally lucky, in receiving for free the death certificates of Mr and Mrs Cockup! B

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 22 Dec 2004 15:06

Oh Stephanie My despatch date is 16th December and if they are only doing the 15th today then I guess I shan't get mine by christmas and I do so want them. I think I have found my g-g-grandfather's mother and brother, and I want her death cert to say "widow of ......." and his marriage cert to say "father ......." and for the informant on her death to be my g-g-grandmother or one of her children, so I have got the whole lot nicely sewn up. Do you think maybe I'm asking too much? Just how big a miracle can Santa work? Tina