Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I can do 1871 and 1891 Census Lookups

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 09:25

Please let me have as much information as you can and I'll do my best. Images are available. Lisa

Marlene

Marlene Report 30 Jun 2004 12:12

Hi Lisa Can't believe my luck that I may be first! I am seeking my very messy Fairey/Fairy Clan in 1871. So if you can help me with any of these I'd be thrilled. GEORGE FAIREY bap 1836 in Great Catworth Hunts. Wife Sarah also born Gt Catworth. GEORGE FAIREY bap 1826 in Great Catworth Hunts: Wife (another )Sarah born Hampshire JOSEPH FAIREY bap 1798 Riseley Hunts wife Ann probably in Yelden Beds AMOS FAIREY bap 1824 in Riseley Beds wife unknown I'd love the images if that is possible [email protected] Ancestry has a habit of mistranscription Farey/Faery/Farry/Ferry etc all quite clearly FAIREY/FAIRY on the original. Very grateful for any help Marlene

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 30 Jun 2004 12:17

Hi Lisa, I am trying to locate any / all Allpress clan in the London area. I am particularly interested in trying to locate a Thomas Allpress who is shown in the 1841 census (aged 25) but I have not been able to track him any further! I guess he would be aged 55(ish) in the 1871 census. Any help would be greatfully received, Regards, Nick Allpress

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 12:49

Marlene - I've found your George Fairey senior but couldn't locate any of the others - sorry. Send me an email and I'll send you the image :-) Lisa

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 12:57

Nick - Sorry, I couldn't find your Thomas. I tried all sorts of variations in the spelling! There are 83 ALLPRESS's in London - 3 of whom are Thomas's. Do you have any other names to narrow it down a bit? Lisa

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 30 Jun 2004 14:45

Hi Lisa, 83 Allpresses! Is there any way that I could get a detailed list of my kin that doesn't cause you to type out each individual? Thanks, Nick

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 14:56

Nick, I've copied and pasted the index search results onto a Word doc. If you email me so I have your address I can send it to you. It shows name, age, relationship to head, census place and place of birth. Lisa

Capcom

Capcom Report 30 Jun 2004 15:11

Hi Lisa, Thanks for the kind offer. Could you please check for the following couple in 1891, probably in Essex: William HULL aged about 62 born South Weald Ann HULL (wife) aged about 64 born Ilford Many Thanks, Nigel Fairbairn

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 15:30

Nigel - I've found them in Squirrel's Heath, Romford. If you send me an email I will send you the image. :-) Lisa

Brian

Brian Report 30 Jun 2004 16:54

Hi Lisa, Could you please look up my grandparents in the 1891 Census. Names are William Frederick Bargman and Beatrice Emma Bargman. I don't know if they were married in 1891. If not, her maiden name was Wells...so it's Beatrice Emma Wells; I think that is the more likely. My dad was born in June 1906, and the names given on his birth certificate were as I said earlier. The registration district is Mile End Old Town. There is a tenuous link with Canada on my grandfathers side, but grandmother was definitely English. I hope you can succeed where others have, so far, failed! Thanx a lot, Brian

Frances

Frances Report 30 Jun 2004 17:17

Hi Lisa Would be grateful if you could look up in 1871 and 1891 John Corley born 1858/9 (place not known) his father was Thomas who was a Sergeant Major in the Bengal Artillery possibly living in Cheshire region, We have no other details. Thanks for your help. Frances Stenning

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 18:30

Brian - No luck with Wiliam Bargman I'm afraid. But I think I've been a bit more successful with Beatrice: 1891 - Mile End Old Town - 27 Latimer Street Edmund Wells Head 40 Wharf Foreman b Ratcliffe Elizabeth Wells Wife 40 b Limehouse Edmund Wells Son 16 Errand Boy Port b St Georges in the East Elizabeth Wells Daur 14 b Ratcliffe George Wells Son 12 Scholar b Ratcliffe Beatrice Wells Daur 10 Scholar b St Georges E Florence Wells Daur 6 Scholar b St Georges E I had a quick look at the 1901 and found them again: Mile End Old Town Edmund Wells 50 Wharf Foreman b Ratcliffe Elizabeth Wells Wife 50 b Limehouse Edmund G Wells Son 66 ? Salesman b St Georges in the East George Wells Son 22 ??? b Ratcliffe Beatrice Wells Daur 20 Dressmaker b St Georges E Florence Wells Daur 16 Nursemaid b St Georges E Hope this helps :-) Lisa

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 20:16

Frances Im not able to help I'm afraid :-( I couldn't find any John Corley's even close to the right age. If I start using soundex, I get loads of possibilities - but none of them living with a Thomas. Sorry - I need more info to narrow it down. Lisa

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 20:20

Frances - update! I found a 33 year old John Corley in the 1891 in Great Sankey, Lancashire. John head 33 General Labourer b Ireland Elizabeth wife 23 b Sankey John son 3 b Sankey Mary daur 2 b Sankey Fingers crossed Lisa

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jun 2004 20:30

Lesley - I've found a Louisa Aitcheson in Toxteth Park in 1891 but she's only 12 years old. She's the sister in law of a Richard Rae. If this isn't her, can you give me some idea how old she and Thomas should be? Lisa

Frances

Frances Report 30 Jun 2004 21:29

Lisa Thanks for looking up info on John Corley. will try to research your details further. Cheers Frances

**chrispy**

**chrispy** Report 30 Jun 2004 21:51

Hi Lisa, I wonder if you could find details of a John Ed. Hillier born in Pattishall Northants in 1863. Many thanks Regards Christine

Brian

Brian Report 30 Jun 2004 22:08

Lisa, You're a gem......that has to be the Wells' I'm related to. However, I don't know if you've typed in a wrong digit; on the 1901 cesus you have added Edmund G Wells to the earlier list (1891) and given his age as 66! His father is listed as 50!! Could you please clarify...maybe it should be 26? Many thanx, Pushing my luck with you...some of the results I have up till now regarding the name Bargman are showing up as Bergman, don't know if that is my ancestry, if so how the change came about. Probably a simple explanation....would you mind, pleeze!? Smashin'... Brian ;-o)

Barbara

Barbara Report 30 Jun 2004 22:41

Lisa Thanks for the offer of look ups. I'm looking for John Bavin 32 b Auburn, Lincs Alice Bavin 33-36 b Greetwell, Lincs If you could try to find them in 1891 I would be grateful. Unmarried but both living in Lincs 1881. Living in Sculcoates (not sure where that is either Lincs or yorks) in 1901. Wondered if there was anyone else in the household that might hold a few clues. thanks loads Barbara

Marlene

Marlene Report 1 Jul 2004 05:55

Hi Lisa Thanks a million have emailed you Marlene