Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can do 1871, 1891 and 1901 census lookups on ances

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 16 Apr 2004 19:44

Please see below

Julie

Julie Report 16 Apr 2004 19:45

I have hit a brick wall again with my own research, after some very sad findings, so am able to do the 71, 91 and 01 census look ups with images on ancestry, also birth, death and marriage lookups on ancestry, as well as the various other records they have. 1901 census isnt complete yet, but will do my best. Please supply as much info as possible. will do them asap UPDATE 17/4 - SO I CAN BE SURE NOT TO MISS ANY REQUESTS PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY WITH YOUR LOOKUP DETAILS. Regards Julie

Pauline

Pauline Report 16 Apr 2004 20:10

Hello Julie Sorry to hear that things are not going your way, but grateful for your offer of help. I don’t know whether I have enough information for you to further my search earlier than the marriage of my g. gran Alice Parkinson. If not, I have ordered her marriage cert which should give me more details then I can come back to you if that is OK. I have found her on 1881 when she was 15 and living away from home, in service. I believe she was born in Lancaster in 1866. No address at this time. She had a sister called Jessie, don’t know whether younger or older. Many thanks Pauline

Gillian

Gillian Report 16 Apr 2004 21:28

Sorry to hear you have come to a standstill, hopefully for not too long. Before I put in my request, could you let me know if ancestry has Gloucestershire on. Thanks, Gill

Julie

Julie Report 16 Apr 2004 21:42

hi nichola have found record of joseph and theresa's marriage, and theresa's birth - still checking the census's regards Marriage England and Wales, Civil Registration Index: 1837-1983 Viewing records 1-4 of 4 matches About this database A collection of indexes to Birth, Marriage, and Death records for England and Wales, between 1837 and 1983. More information below Name Year Quarter Record Type County Volume Page DUDLEY, Joseph 1890 September Marriages Staffordshire 6b 326 HULME, Teresa Mary A 1890 September Marriages Staffordshire 6b 326 Birth Name: Hulme, Theresa Mary A Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1872 District: Stoke upon Trent County: Staffordshire Volume: 6b Page: 204 (click to see others on page) Julie

Christine

Christine Report 16 Apr 2004 21:43

Hi Julie, thanks for the offer could you please look on the 1891 census for me. It's for Alfred Wray aged 14 Sidney Wray 12 and Minnie Wray 7 and it's the Camberwell area. Not sure if father Frederick is around as in 1901 they were living with their elder sister Kate and her husband. Thanks a lot, Chris.

Sheila

Sheila Report 16 Apr 2004 21:49

Hi Julie, Thanks for offering to do look ups. I wonder if you could look up 1901 for Kathleen Fagg. In 1891, she was 15 years old and living in a home for incurables in Hendon, Edgeware. I was wondering if she survived to 1901 and if she was still in the home. Thanks for your help. Sheila

Graham

Graham Report 16 Apr 2004 21:52

Julie, Thanks for the offer of lookups. Could you look up the 1871 Census for the following couples - George & Margaret Wright of Dalkeith ? but certainly Midlothian. David & Margaret Stewart of Dalhousie Toll ? but again certainly Midlothian. Above are my Great Great Grandparents - children below - looking for others. Also wonder if you could look up 1891 census for a George & Margaret Wright - I think the address is Plummers Close, Dalkeith, Midlothian. Trying to find out what children they had at that time. My Grandfather William would be listed, as he was born in 1889. Also 1901 census - could you look up Robert & Isabella Watt - I think the address is Glespin or Douglas in Lanarkshire - again looking for children at that time. Both of the above couples are my Great Great Grandparents. Thanks Graham

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 16 Apr 2004 22:08

Dear Julie, I am trying to find the family of Richard Colwell who changed his name and that of his family sometime between the 1861 Census for Glamorgan (name Richard Colwell b.1824 Whitecroft Glos.) and 1881 census when he was Richard Colville, still living in Glam. The family details are wife Catherine, b. Llandewi Fach, Radnor 1817, children Richard b. 1843, Frederick b.1848, Charles b.1850, and Henry b. 1853, all children born at Merthyr Tydfil, Glam. Would help me greatly if you can pick them up between these two dates.

Julie

Julie Report 16 Apr 2004 22:14

christine have found a couple of entries on the 1891 that might help you, tho they arent at the same addresses Name: Wray, Sidney H Age in 1891: 12 Relation: Visitor Gender: Male Where Born: Camberwell, Hertfordshire Civil parish: Lambeth Ecclesiastical parish: St Thomas County: London Street address: View image Condition as to marriage: View image Education: View image Employment status: View image Occupation: View image Source information: RG12/390 Registration district: Lambeth Sub registration district: Waterloo Road Second ED, institution, or vessel: 10 Folio: 116 Page: 41 (click to see others on page Name: Wray, Alfred Age in 1891: 14 Relation: Boarder Gender: Male Where Born: Lambeth, London Civil parish: Lambeth Ecclesiastical parish: Kennington St Mark County: London Street address: View image Condition as to marriage: View image Education: View image Employment status: View image Occupation: View image Source information: RG12/403 Registration district: Lambeth Sub registration district: Kennington Second ED, institution, or vessel: 3 Folio: 55 Page: 14 (click to see others nothing that fits minnie im afraid, hope this helps, let me know if you would like the images regards Julie

Julie

Julie Report 16 Apr 2004 22:15

Gill there is some gloucestershire, let me know what you need regards Julie

Julie

Julie Report 16 Apr 2004 22:18

shelia this is the only listing for kathleen fagg on the 1901, its the right age so maybe your one? not in a home tho, let me know if you would like the image regards Julie 1901 England Census Viewing records 1-6 of 6 matches Name Age in 1901 Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Census? Archer Fagg 21 Ferry Side, Carmarthenshire, Wales Son St Luke London Edith Fagg 15 Holloway, London, England Daughter St Luke London Emily Fagg 45 Throop, Hampshire, England Wife St Luke London Ethel Fagg 10 St Luke, London, England Daughter St Luke London Kathleen Fagg 25 Weymouth, Dorset, England Daughter St Luke London Verena Fagg 11 St Luke, London, England Daughter St Luke London

Gillian

Gillian Report 16 Apr 2004 22:27

Hello again Julie I am looking for Henry Burns who would have been aged 41 in 1871 and was born in English Bicknor. He lived in the West Dean area of Gloucestershire (Joyford or Berry Hill). His wife's name was Mary Ann. I would be very pleased to receive any information you might find. Many thanks Gill

Paul

Paul Report 16 Apr 2004 22:33

please can you look up this address 1901 census...4 farlawn terrace, lower sydeudorm(?), Lewisham, London...should have an annie hammond living there my great grand fathers mother. my great grand father was called fredrick hammond. he was 4 in 1901. thank you. if you find any information could you contact me

Pauline

Pauline Report 16 Apr 2004 23:37

Julie Re. Alice Parkinson. Sorry, I should have been clearer on my details. By 1891 she was married to George Cotton and had 2 children. She married in 1884. If you can find anything about her in 1871 that would help. I've been advised I should get the marriage cert about 21st April. Hopefully that will have her family address on it because she was married in Lancaster her birth place. Pauline

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Apr 2004 00:03

wow well i hope you can help me my family name is Holmes my mothers madien name is Murray. im only 20 and need this information

Julie

Julie Report 17 Apr 2004 00:06

Lisa Im going to need a bit more info if you have it, your mums first name, year or area or something like that? any idea on her parents first names? regards Julie

Patricia

Patricia Report 17 Apr 2004 00:50

Hi Julie, I have put message on notice board, Then I noticed yours and I have calmed down a bit now, I wonder if you could lookup a relative for me, He came to Birmingham with his family but seems to have ended up in the workhouse, GEORGE PREECE Age 21 BORN - GLOUCESTERSHIRE Labourer in iron foundry Addess-WORKHOUSE SOLIHULL WORCESTER 1901 I am really gratefull Julie, Ive just had a terrible time with the 1901 census, I paid my money £10 and it keeps saying I dont have an account. My blood pressure must be over the top by now. Thanks Pat

Frances

Frances Report 17 Apr 2004 05:23

Hi Julie, if I can I take you up on your offer, I would appreciate a Sheffield,yorkshire, 1871 cencus look up for..........Herbert Beaumont, child b. 1869 Sheffield, reg.district Nether Hallam......... Father is Charles Henry Beaumont, wife is Sarah Ann...........Ages of parents, occupation of father and address are needed to confirm other research..........Hope you can help..........Frances............ UPDATE: HAVE E.MAILED YOU DIRECT

Julie

Julie Report 17 Apr 2004 12:15

hi pat birmingham isnt covered on the ancestry 1901 yet, but i am printing off a list of those i havent been able to look up yet and as soon as it is covered i will check for you regards julie