Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1 day to go!!! Visit to the FRC in London 21st May

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 13 Mar 2005 19:43

Dear all, I hope that you can still all come along. Please see new message for an update. Meet-up time remains 10am. Louise

Louise

Louise Report 13 Mar 2005 19:44

As it seemed a little unfair to let Brenda organise a group visit to the FRC as well as the trips to Kew, in a moment of madness I have offered to act as co-ordinator for this one! Before I contact the FRC, we need to make sure that a few people actually want to go along together and choose a date. If we book 6 weeks in advance we can ask for a group tour! For those of you who have not been before, the FRC (Family Records Centre) provides access to some of the most important sources for family history research in England and Wales, including the indexes for birth, marriage and death certificates from 1837 and census returns from 1841 to 1901. There are a few other records there and you can check out what is available on their website. Please can you add to this thread if you want to join a group trip and let me know which of the dates below is best for you. Thanks Louise --- Saturday 21st May Saturday 28th May Saturday 4th June Saturday 23rd July

Rachel

Rachel Report 13 Mar 2005 20:39

Hi Louise, I would love to come to thr FRC. I could make it on 21st May but not any of the later dates at the moment. If things change and I Can make it on a later date I'll let you know on this thread. Rachel

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2005 20:45

I can do any day except 21st as its my son's birthday. But don't try to fit it round me as I know the FRC reasonably well. I'd just like to meet some GRs! nell

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 13 Mar 2005 20:49

Hi That's a kind thought. Any of the dates would be ok to me, I've been twice before and both times the Census I wanted was already in use, is there any chance of pre booking one? I'll come anyway as I have loads to do after 1901, maybe we can all share years, BMD lookups in different sections by years, just a thought. Best wishes Amanda

Louise

Louise Report 14 Mar 2005 16:49

nudge - in case any one missed this yesterday.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Mar 2005 18:39

Hi Louise If you arrange the trip for any date other than the July one, can you put me down as a possible? I'd love to come but given that I'm coming down in July for Kew, two weekends on the run would be too much for me. The other dates are fine at the moment and I'm keen to spend a weekend in London. Got a lot of ancestors from Marylebone so want to have a trot round the area! Lou

Natalie

Natalie Report 14 Mar 2005 19:24

Hi Louise I've been to FRC before, so don't want to hog a place from others who have never been, but it would be lovely to join you all. Only date I can't do is the one in July. Thanks for organising it. If you're oversubscribed, I can always skip the tour and meet you all for lunch!! Best wishes Natalie PS: Lou...what a good idea. I might visit Hackney while I'm in the area!

Linda

Linda Report 14 Mar 2005 20:12

Many thanks. Would love to. Any date at the moment Regards Linda

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Mar 2005 00:06

Chris What reason are you going to give this time??? Lou

Louise

Louise Report 15 Mar 2005 16:03

Looks like May 21st is a goer. Sorry Nell - but you were the only one who couldn't make this day and did admit to having been to the FRC a few times anyway! So far we have the following definites: Rachel Amanda Nat Tracy Linda and maybes from: Lou Chris Brenda Assuming that the lousy cold I've got today clears up I will be going to the FRC on Friday and will check out the best way to do a group thing. I'll then let you know the plan on this thread. In the meantime, if anyone else is interested please join up. The more the merrier. Louise

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 15 Mar 2005 16:36

Hi Louise Put me down as a definite for this, please! Thanks Brenda

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Mar 2005 17:12

Louise Put me down as a definite for this date as well Lou

Dwaffy

Dwaffy Report 15 Mar 2005 17:16

21 May or any other date would be fine for me, or is this ladies only ? dave oops just noticed Chris ... sorry :=)

Louise

Louise Report 15 Mar 2005 17:22

Of course you can join us. Given the way some people change their names on here, you can't always tell who male and who's female. Perhaps there'll be some surprises on the day!!! Louise

Dwaffy

Dwaffy Report 15 Mar 2005 17:59

Thanks Louise, if only I could find a frock to match the grey beard !!

Louise

Louise Report 19 Mar 2005 11:45

Please read amended message at the top. Thanks. Louise

Rachel

Rachel Report 19 Mar 2005 13:05

I'll be able to get to the FRC at whatever time we all want to meet up as I'm already in London - it should take me between 1 and 2 hours to get there as I'm to the south of the Themes. Rachel

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Mar 2005 13:30

Louise I'm travelling down on Friday and staying overnight. Haven't actually sorted anywhere to stay yet but assuming I can find somewhere not a great distance away, I should be able to be there no later than 10am Lou

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 19 Mar 2005 15:19

I can make it for any time Louise. Got here this morning by 10.15 after going into Croydon and back and doing some local shopping before catching the train. Now I'm so shattered, I can't think to look anything up!