General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

it seems

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael2

michael2 Report 8 Jan 2014 01:50

it seems I,ve upset some one well I will post no more. :-( :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Jan 2014 04:56

oh, don't be so silly!

you may have upset one person ................. most of the rest of us have also upset "one person" at some time during our memberships.

If you said nothing wrong, GR will re-instate your post.

Laugh it off ......... and join the club of those of us who have been reported!

Honestly ............... it is nothing serious.

GR has been plagued at times by unexplainable reporting of posts ................... we have no idea who it is although GR seems to usually catch them and ban them.

Yours is not the first apparently innocent post that has been RR'd in the past week .......... so maybe we have another phantom reporter at work.

As I say ....................

don't be silly

you enjoy posting

it is of some comfort to you at the moment

don't be driven away by something that has happened to most of the rest of us at different times!

Sometimes we've deserved it because we have said something naughty or objectionable to one or more people.

Sometimes we have posted something that should not have been posted .............. for example, personal information on a living person, or whatever.

Sometimes we have not deserved it.

I shall be very annoyed with you if I find that you have not posted during the coming 24 hours :-) :-)

Huia

Huia Report 8 Jan 2014 06:09

Michael, I don't know what thread was reported, but as there are still 2 of your threads on the boards, I am wondering if GR saw sense and re-instated the one that had been reported. It has happened in the past with other reported threads. Chin up and don't let the miserable b...... get you down. :-D Now I will probably be reported :-0

Huia

Huia Report 8 Jan 2014 06:23

Ah yes, I see the one you mean. Well nil desperandum as they say (who are they?). As Sylvia and I have both said, threads are sometimes re-instated by GR.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 8 Jan 2014 07:50

michael2 - ignore the fact that your post has been reported, welcome to the RRD club, as a member you have to keep posting to show those who do not possess "a pair of mittens" that they are not going to dictate what, we can and cannot read, so keep typing and posting :-)

lilybids

lilybids Report 8 Jan 2014 08:11

Please keep posting Micheal2
I will be very sad if you stop :-(
So chin up and carry on :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Jan 2014 08:57

Keep posting Michael.....I shall be watching now and keeping an eye out for your next contribution :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jan 2014 09:22

Michael don't take it personally there are some very strange people around. I had a post RRd this week that was completely innocent and only consisted of 5 words. And, contrary to general belief it was not reinstated either. (I have had no explanation from GR either). :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Jan 2014 09:30

Michael keep posting Sunbeam, take no notice, you are a credit to the boards <3 <3

Linda

Linda Report 8 Jan 2014 10:16

Please keep on posting Michael I love reading your threads, I had one of mine RRd for no reason that I could see <3 <3

dutch

dutch Report 8 Jan 2014 11:18

Micheal your sutch anice man you don,t upst people you keep on here as we all take to you ,well mybe i forget sometimes but thats the brain so when i can come on again hope to see you
Dutchx <3 <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Jan 2014 11:44

What Sylvia said :-D

Don't give it a second thought, wait till you get multiple RRs on a single thread, then you know you have 'made it' on GR ;-)

Sue x

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jan 2014 11:53

Think of it as a positive, Michael. I have been reported more times than soft Joe, and many times I have been sent warning letters. I doubt you will even get a warning letter on this occasion, and does it matter if you do? Jokes are very difficult on a site like this. John Bishop woud be reported for every joke he told - as, as for Bernard Manning or Jim Davidson - no chance.

People get offended very easily sometimes. In real life, they get isolated and we steer round them. Not so easy to ignore those types on here, but you really must Michael. Don't let them grind you down. Nil carborundum. Keep posting, please :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 8 Jan 2014 12:01

Michael2 Don't let it bother you that someone has taken offence at your joke. so many on GR are reported and sadly I always seem to miss them. We are all different people who may have a different a sense of humour, and indeed some people will have no sense of humour at all.

Please pm me the joke, I could do with a laugh this morning

:-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Jan 2014 12:07

Michael ignore it, they are not worth worrying about. :-)

Enjoy posting and keeping in touch with us on here :-D

Emma :-)

Island

Island Report 8 Jan 2014 12:21

Aww come on Michael, you're not a proper biker until you've fallen off, so get back on and carry on doing what you enjoy.

I'm sure most of us have been reported at some point, it's not nice but it does not mean we eat worms ;-) :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jan 2014 12:47

look on it as a badge of honour Michael!!! I have more than one of those badges - they are my trophies :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

and another thing, if you stop posting we'll bombard you with messages, find out where you live and come a knocking :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 8 Jan 2014 12:58

I do not believe that one is a full-blooded member unless an RR has been issued at least once.

Some are fortunate to have had lots and they are still here!!

In our darkest hour Winnie said - 'we will fight them on the beaches and on the pages of GR'

:-D :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 8 Jan 2014 12:58

Ann I only have one badge of honour and to this day I don't know what I said to upset someone. :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 8 Jan 2014 13:07

Just keep posting Matey.
Leave the RR`r a little message, just say...

"That`s nice" :-)